FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USee

IWU:

Returning starter/2 deep player not listed on 2019 Roster:

Starters: none
Backups: DL Derrick Fry (Jr), DB Justin Correll (so), DB Charlie Coughlan (fr)

Returning Starters:
Offense: 6 (17/22 from 2 Deep) 2OL, 2 WR, RB, QB (Zach Mitchell moves from WR to DB)
Defense: 6 (13/22 from 2 Deep) 3 DL, 1 LB, 2 DB

Key Starters Returning: QB Brandon Bauer, WR Zach Walsh, Jack Healy, DL Chance Hilliard, DB Trevor Koepke

Key Losses: Eric Dubose DL, Trevor Staley DB, 3 OL

IWU loses two great defensive players but they return a boatload of talent. QB Bauer, WR's Walsh and Healy as well as the dynamic Bryce Dooley all return. On offense they lose 3 OL but return every backup so the IWU offense will be one of the better units in the league. Integrating the new DC and a few new faces on D will be key to IWU staying near the top of the CCIW

USee

Carthage:

Starters: None
Backups: DE Cashmen Beal (fr), DB Albert Rogalski (Jr)

Returning Starters:
Offense: 3 (14/22 from 2 Deep) 1 OL, QB, 1 WR
Defense: 5 (11/22 from 2 Deep) 2DL, 2LB, 1 DB

Key Losses: DB Amani Dennis, Connor Calvert, DL Cedric Fry, RB Lafayette McGary

Key returning starters: QB Billy Drury, DL Jacob Simar

Carthage doesn't have much back and will have some big shoes to fill. Interestingly, Amani Dennis is listed on the 2019 roster as a Graduate Student but we know he participated in Cleveland's rookie mini camp so I am pretty sure he is done.

USee

North Central:

Starters: WR Cam Moore (fr), RB Dom Muogahlu (jr), K Derik Judka (fr), DE Josh Leonhard (Jr), DT Lane Brinkman (so), P Zane Lodico (jr)
Backups: QB Conor Joyce (Fr/Transfer), DB Jonathan Mitchell (fr), DB De'Angelo Roberson (so)

Returning Starters:
Offense: 8 (14/22 from 2 Deep) 5 OL, 1 WR, TE, QB
Defense: 7 (15/22 from 2 Deep) 2 DL, 2 LB, 3 DB

Key Returning starters: QB Broc Rutter, 5 OL, WR Andrew Kamienski, DL Tommy Hyland, DB Jake Beesley

Key losses: DB Pat Cravens, LB Derek Werkenthein, WR Cam Moore, RB Dom Muoghalu, K Derik Judka

The most intriguing situation in the league are the Cardinals. 6 starters who were set to return don't appear on their 2019 roster headlined by WR Cam Moore (rumors are he was poached by Don Bebe at Aurora). RB Dom Muaogahlu had a year of eligibility left I believe as did all conference DE Josh Leonhard. Kicker Judka was one of the better kickers in the region last year as a freshman and won't be back. The Cards still return 8 starters on offense including Rutter and all 5 OL. They have some holes, but will still be the favorite come August.

Titan Q

Quote from: USee on June 28, 2019, 05:19:27 PM
IWU:

Starters: none
Backups: DL Derrick Fry (Jr), DB Justin Correll (so), DB Charlie Coughlan (fr)

Returning Starters:
Offense: 6 (17/22 from 2 Deep) 2OL, 2 WR, RB, QB (Zach Mitchell moves from WR to DB)
Defense: 6 (13/22 from 2 Deep) 3 DL, 1 LB, 2 DB

Key Starters Returning: QB Brandon Bauer, WR Zach Walsh, Jack Healy, DL Chance Hilliard, DB Trevor Koepke

Key Losses: Eric Dubose DL, Trevor Staley DB, 3 OL

IWU loses two great defensive players but they return a boatload of talent. QB Bauer, WR's Walsh and Healy as well as the dynamic Bryce Dooley all return. On offense they lose 3 OL but return every backup so the IWU offense will be one of the better units in the league. Integrating the new DC and a few new faces on D will be key to IWU staying near the top of the CCIW

I'm really excited about IWU's 2019 squad.  It seems to me, at this point, the Titans are pretty loaded with talent.

USee

North Central will be the clear favorite and I have IWU in my top 3. With the developments in Naperville IWU has edged closer and I don't think there will be a huge gap between those two. Where Wheaton falls in that equation will have a lot to do with who their QB is and who they get to fill key roles from all conference defensive stars. Right now, those 3 are going to be pretty close in my opinion (although WashU is going to have a say about that).  IWU plays both those teams on the road, NCC hosts IWU and visits Wheaton and the Thunder are hosts to both IWU and NCC

USee

WashU's 2019 Roster is up:

WashU:

Starters: WR Nick Cione (so)
Backups: DL Connor Forrest (fr)

Returning Starters:
Offense: 6 (14/22 from 2 Deep) QB, RB, 3 OL, TE
Defense: 8 (17/22 from 2 Deep) 2DL, 3 LB, 3 DB

Key Losses: WR Alex Fehlinger, WR Matt Goldberg, LB Jake Coon
Key Returning Starters: QB Johnny Davison, RB John Fisher, LB John Huther, DB Matt Bernstein

The Bears Return Johnny Davison who was my runner up for OPOY last year behind Broc Rutter. He will have to find new targets as 4 of his 6 WR are gone. TE Mitch Groen returns as does RBJohn Fisher and 7 of their top OL. Defensively the pesky Bears should improve on their #3 scoring defense as a large part of their experience on defense is back. They will miss conference tackle leader Jake Coon but all 7 of their other LB's return. The Bears are set up to make some noise again next year though they only get NCC at home among the other contenders (@IWU, @Wheaton)

matblake

Just signed up for Kickoff.  I like the pre-season national picture it brings, as well as the rankings of all D3 teams.  Plus, it's only time they ask for $ for this site and since I use it almost daily during the football season, I'm happy to do my part.  If you're on the fence about it, feel free to PM me.  I'm happy to give you a larger take than this one here. 

Titan Q

Quote from: matblake on July 01, 2019, 10:10:24 AM
Just signed up for Kickoff.  I like the pre-season national picture it brings, as well as the rankings of all D3 teams.  Plus, it's only time they ask for $ for this site and since I use it almost daily during the football season, I'm happy to do my part.  If you're on the fence about it, feel free to PM me.  I'm happy to give you a larger take than this one here.

I also just ordered mine.

If you enjoy all of the content on D3football.com - including this board - please give the guys some love and order yours soon.  They do a great job.

AndOne

Quote from: USee on June 30, 2019, 04:12:31 PM
North Central will be the clear favorite and I have IWU in my top 3. With the developments in Naperville IWU has edged closer and I don't think there will be a huge gap between those two. Where Wheaton falls in that equation will have a lot to do with who their QB is and who they get to fill key roles from all conference defensive stars. Right now, those 3 are going to be pretty close in my opinion (although WashU is going to have a say about that).  IWU plays both those teams on the road, NCC hosts IWU and visits Wheaton and the Thunder are hosts to both IWU and NCC

Many people may have overlooked the fact that the answer to the question of who the Wheaton QB will be, may, in fact, be found in the basketball locker room. Luke Anthony transferred to WC around Christmas time, and quickly became the basketball team's (distant) second most dangerous offensive weapon. However, the thing is that Anthony originally went to Dayton on scholarship to play QB for the Flyers football team after a very successful career at that position at Wheaton North HS. If he can spend the summer rediscovering his football talents to the level he did with those associated with basketball, the Orange Team may have the answer to it's QB question. 🏈  ;D

matblake

Quote from: AndOne on July 01, 2019, 09:15:23 PM

Many people may have overlooked the fact that the answer to the question of who the Wheaton QB will be, may, in fact, be found in the basketball locker room. Luke Anthony transferred to WC around Christmas time, and quickly became the basketball team's (distant) second most dangerous offensive weapon. However, the thing is that Anthony originally went to Dayton on scholarship to play QB for the Flyers football team after a very successful career at that position at Wheaton North HS. If he can spend the summer rediscovering his football talents to the level he did with those associated with basketball, the Orange Team may have the answer to it's QB question. 🏈  ;D

There's no doubt he will be in the mix.  With as much talent as the top teams in this league get each year, there's always a surprise. 

USee

Quote from: AndOne on July 01, 2019, 09:15:23 PM

Most Wheaton insiders are well aware of Luke Anthony's prowess on the gridiron. From what I hear he participated in spring practice and was unable to win the job as the QB. The Thunder have returning senior Dave Beamer (Let's Roll) and fellow basketball player Spencer Peterson all competing for the starting role. A lot will be determined based on who does their work this summer and how the early practices develop. The Thunder will have to decide early what they want to be as they are @Monmouth and v IWU in week #1-2.

AndOne

Indeed, USee, most Wheaton insiders are undoubtedly aware of Anthony's full background and story, including how he got to WC, where he came from, and that he is a two sport student-athlete.
However, most CCIW football posters, fans, and followers are not Wheaton "insiders" such as yourself. I wasn't meaning to insult the intelligence of you and your fellow Wheaton insiders, but rather just to provide those outside the circle of WC fandom with a little info about the possible lineup of a top of the conference opponent.  :)

CardinalAlum

Carthage and Augie “offers” all over Twitter.  So many “blessed and honored” to receive them! 
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022