WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Ann and I already have had this discussion. This is the national championship and her spring coaches should understand that it takes priority. They will have their own championship opportunities later and will get her full attention at that time.

Jim Loesel

So it's decided.  RMC SID goes to the Final Four.

RMC SID

RMC SID is working on it . . . things are looking good for Saturday.  Friday should be no trouble.

Need a baseball scorekeeper!  I have people in mind.

I love ALL of my R-MC teams!  They are all special to me (insert tears here).

Pat Coleman

Ann, when I was an SID, that fell to the relief pitchers. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

d-mac

And then there were FOUR... or really eight!
This weekend... the best of the best are crowded
But before then... we tell you who we think are the best... on "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville"!!!

Eight teams in the nation can see where the road finishes. But who is going to get past the final two exits?

Millikin took out Calvin in a hard fought battle... to earn their way to the Women's Final Four. So is this Illinois team ready to go? Coach Lori Kerans will let us know. Her #6 ranked Big Blue Ladies are the lowest ranked team remaining, but still battle tested and ready for their semi-final game with Southern Maine.

The #1 ranked Scranton Lady Royals sure had a tough road to drive as they took on last year's championship finalist, Bowdoin College in the Elite Eight. Scranton showed why they are the #1 team in the nation, knocking off the Polar Bears. So do the Lady Royals have anything left in the tank for Randolph-Macon in the semi-finals? Coach Mike Strong answer that question and if that #1 ranking adds any pressure.

On the men's side, Rochester is still marching... even though mid-way through the season, most thought they had no chance. But their star player returned... and they knocked off not only last year's Final Four finalist Amherst in the Sweet 16... but then took out a suddenly hot SUNY-Potsdam team in the Elite Eight. Now, Rochester has been here before, and Coach Mike Neer has the experience. But how does his team prepare for a tough Final Four match-up with Calvin.

Calvin - people warned us about. They are the only team left in this men's tournament that has played every game to get here. First Wheaton, then Aurora, finally Mississippi College fell to the side of the Knights. Then came MIAA conference foe - and champion Albion. Which Calvin disposed of 60-52... to take their drive to Salem... for the first time since they won the national title in 2000.
So, what will Coach Kevin Vande Streek use from that last title run to help his team get past Rochester and into the title game? We will ask him that and much more (including if he saw Albion's buzzer beater Friday night? Jared did!).

And then there is York College (PA)... 11-15 last year... flew under many radars most of the year... and now they are in the first Final Four in the school's history.
Coach Jeff Gamber has traveled to Salem before, but never with a team playing. Now, after 28 years... he in Salem as a participant. But, this trip is completely new to Coach Gamber and the Spartans, who until this year had never won a NCAA Tournament game. We will talk to the coach of York and see if he has yet to come down from the high of beating Kings on Saturday to lock up the trip to Salem.

So come join us online and LIVE from 8-10PM Eastern!

I know my ABCs and 123s!

RMC SID,
I suggest using the players that rarely ever get into the game. That seems to be the popular pick here at LC. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0> A baseball socrebook and scoreboard (unless you guys ahve one of those cool flashy scoreboards like you would find at some minor league parks) shouldnt be all too complicated, i'd imagine.

RMC SID

Our coach doesn't wish to use players for scoreboard and announcing.  Scorebook, maybe.  Even though I'll be interested in seeting that book when I get back!

Still working on it -- keeping the faith.

Thanks for the support.

RMC Hoopster

Silva makes 1st team all region for 3rd year in a row!  

Congrats to her and Michelle Orten both for making all region squads.

Jim Loesel

Pat ran a big http://www.d3hoops.com/vabeach/05/randolphmacon.htm">story on the outer page about the Randolph-Macon team, which in the Final Four for the first time. It's the first time for any women's ODAC team. Playing at the Batten Center should be close to a home court advantage for the Yellow Jackets.

Jim Loesel

There was a very nice http://www.courierpub.com/articles/2005/03/16/couriergazette/sports/s1finalfour.txt">story about coach LaHaye in the Rockport (Maine) Courier-Gazette.

emufan

Jim,

That was a very nice article about coach LaHaye.  I have only been following women's odac bball for about 6 years and I would have thought the she would have a little better winning percentage. I guess it just shows how much RMC has dominated recently.  RMC is all I have heard about the past several years.

Was RMC ever at a different level when she was the coach?

Mr. Ypsi

emufan,

I can't speak to her CONFERENCE record, but the article says she's 324-247 overall, and 185-85 the past ten years.  That would mean she was 139-162 over the first 12 years - I'd think that was a different level!  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Mr. Ypsi

The story from Maine evidently didn't include THIS year - according to the d3hoops.com story, her career record is now 353-248 (but presumably that doesn't change the math on her first 12 years - just means her record for the last ELEVEN years is a sparkling 214-86).

Jim Loesel

Good luck today, Yellow Jackets.  I've got a new picture in my profile that was taken right after the finish of the ODAC championship game.  A similar picture would be appropriate after a victory today.

Rip

Jackets win!!! Playing for it all tomorrow.