MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

augie_superfan

Quote from: Titan Q on December 06, 2012, 09:33:19 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 06, 2012, 09:10:44 PM
Nobody noted this today, but Augustana concluded its long-time cross-river rivalry with St. Ambrose last night with a 77-69 win.

How is it possible that we don't have any regular Augustana posters anymore?

I hope to follow closer and post after the new year.  I'm currently moving from CCIW land to ODAC land.  I never thought this young group would play as good as they have so far but the conference slate will most likely be another story.

Gregory Sager

The CCIW is now 35-16. That's a .686 pace, not exactly up to par with what the league was doing a few years ago but certainly much better than last season's .596 mark.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WheatonFanChris

Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 06, 2012, 10:18:56 PM

Tyler Peters is the easy early favorite for CCIW MOP. He's simply playing at a different level than everybody else in the league right now.

Although I quite like this sentiment, especially from a Viking, I think that though he can take over games at points, the turnover numbers are way too high right now. 5 tonight plus a silly offensive foul. Hopefully those types of issues can disappear, but it's hard for me to give him consideration with Gamble, etc while he gives away lots of possessions game in and game out.

AndOne

Quote from: WheatonFanChris on December 06, 2012, 11:13:10 PM

Tyler Peters is the easy early favorite for CCIW MOP. He's simply playing at a different level than everybody else in the league right now.

Although I quite like this sentiment, especially from a Viking, I think that though he can take over games at points, the turnover numbers are way too high right now. 5 tonight plus a silly offensive foul. Hopefully those types of issues can disappear, but it's hard for me to give him consideration with Gamble, etc while he gives away lots of possessions game in and game out.

A player with superior statistics in many categories, can still be considered superior, outstanding etc if one area is somewhat lacking. Specifically, a PG with what might be considered a somewhat elevated TO total can overcome this deficiency by also being a great assist man. To determine a PG's true worth, consider his assist/TO ratio rather than solely looking at his TO total.

WheatonFanChris

Quote from: AndOne on December 07, 2012, 01:23:01 AM
Quote from: WheatonFanChris on December 06, 2012, 11:13:10 PM

A player with superior statistics in many categories, can still be considered superior, outstanding etc if one area is somewhat lacking. Specifically, a PG with what might be considered a somewhat elevated TO total can overcome this deficiency by also being a great assist man. To determine a PG's true worth, consider his assist/TO ratio rather than solely looking at his TO total.

Absolutely agree with you. And Tyler right now is at 36/29 on the year. Not great, but not horrendous either.

I will never complain about a 25, 10, and 6 night like he had this evening, but having watched most of the minutes this year, IMHO most of the turnovers are easily avoidable and therefore stand out more. It's the things like mental errors or trying to do too much that I worry about. He's a work in progress and a fun one to follow. I'm excited about getting to cciw time and seeing how he matures through the year, hopefully leading the Thunder to another ncaa birth and I'll definitely be cheering for him to gain some MOP consideration.

robertgoulet

Kind of odd, but neat, publicity for NCC this morning from former Chicago Bull (and current Bulls color man) Stacey King via Twitter this morning:

Stacey King - @Sky21King - Props 2 my boyz over at North Central College! I see ya holding it down at 6-0 this year! I'm coming to check ya out this year real soon!

Not sure what the connection to the program is. Maybe a few players work at Bulls/Sox Academy in the offseason and have met Mr. King?

AO, any light to shed on this?
You win! You always do!

John Gleich

Nobody noted this today, but Augustana concluded its long-time cross-river rivalry with St. Ambrose last night with a 77-69 win.

Concluded?  You mean the game, or the series?

I don't remember there being discussion about this... sorry if there was and I missed it!
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Titan Q

Quote from: John Gleich on December 07, 2012, 12:39:23 PM

Concluded?  You mean the game, or the series?

I don't remember there being discussion about this... sorry if there was and I missed it!

Recent article:

http://qctimes.com/sports/basketball/college/augie-st-ambrose-ending-series/article_0ba19ad6-3e97-11e2-b2c3-001a4bcf887a.html

Previous discussion on the board from Oct 30:

http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4592.msg1458325#msg1458325

keith45

Quote from: robertgoulet on December 07, 2012, 10:42:03 AM
Kind of odd, but neat, publicity for NCC this morning from former Chicago Bull (and current Bulls color man) Stacey King via Twitter this morning:

Stacey King - @Sky21King - Props 2 my boyz over at North Central College! I see ya holding it down at 6-0 this year! I'm coming to check ya out this year real soon!

Not sure what the connection to the program is. Maybe a few players work at Bulls/Sox Academy in the offseason and have met Mr. King?

I know a couple of starters worked as scorekeepers at the Bulls Sox academy this past spring and summer. I'm coaching a 12u travel team and saw them there a few times. Probably where it comes from

Titan Q

From Twitter:

Sean Wallis:
@WashUBasketball see you tom -- any chance an old-timer can get on pass list w +1 ?? #d3h

IWUhoops.com:
Former All-American...now cheap? @swallball

Sean Wallis:
@IWUhoopscom goal 2 contribute $0 to CCIW schools at gate for life .. Maybe I can get into King with '09 net I have from there? #uaaunity

I hope if Mr. Wallis buys popcorn Saturday the King Arena staff will make sure it costs about $25.

robertgoulet

Quote from: keith45 on December 07, 2012, 02:34:04 PM
Quote from: robertgoulet on December 07, 2012, 10:42:03 AM

I know a couple of starters worked as scorekeepers at the Bulls Sox academy this past spring and summer. I'm coaching a 12u travel team and saw them there a few times. Probably where it comes from

Good insight, I figured it probably had to do with the Academy.
You win! You always do!

WUPHF

Quote from: Titan Q on December 07, 2012, 03:22:30 PM
Sean Wallis:
@IWUhoopscom goal 2 contribute $0 to CCIW schools at gate for life .. Maybe I can get into King with '09 net I have from there? #uaaunity

Awesome! Go Bears!

Gregory Sager

NPU is finally going to be back on the air! (Or cyberspace, if you want to be picky about it.) We've straightened out the administrative issues, so Rob and I will be back to bring you all of the rest of NPU's home games, starting tomorrow afternoon. I'll be on the air with the pregame show around 1:45 pm or so, and then we'll bring you all the action as NPU hosts Trine at 2 pm.

(Contrary to the press release, this will be our fourth year of webcasting NPU's home games, not the third.)

Looking forward to it. I'm sure that Rob will be on here sometime this evening or tomorrow morning to mention it as well, and I believe that he will once again be sharing the e-mail address from which we'll take questions or comments during the game.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

jaybird44

Titan Q

Wheaton fans, is it correct to say that the WETN stream cannot be viewed on an iPad?  My parents have an iPad and would love to watch the Wash U @ Wheaton game, but I don't think it's possible is it?

Thanks.