MBB: NEWMAC

Started by nehoops4life, March 03, 2005, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

I've never really understood the phrase, "You're only as good as your last guy..."

7 is plenty! Stevens Point's 2015 National Championship team basically played with 6 guys.

http://static.uwsp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/mbball/2014-15/teamcume.htm
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 12, 2018, 08:55:26 AM
I've never really understood the phrase, "You're only as good as your last guy..."

7 is plenty! Stevens Point's 2015 National Championship team basically played with 6 guys.

http://static.uwsp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/mbball/2014-15/teamcume.htm

MIT made a Final Four with literally six guys.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Smitty Oom

Big win for Springfield today against MIT!

I also think it is fine to only play 6-8 guys. If they are in good enough shape, why take out your best players? Obviously more susceptible to injuries/foul trouble but that is something i would be willing to gamble with.

BaboNation

Quote from: Smitty Oom on January 17, 2018, 09:23:53 PM
Big win for Springfield today against MIT!

I also think it is fine to only play 6-8 guys. If they are in good enough shape, why take out your best players? Obviously more susceptible to injuries/foul trouble but that is something i would be willing to gamble with.

Ross with another monster game at both ends.  Springfield is coming on (a little later than I expected).  Zero bench points for MIT.
It's now a 3-way tie at the top.  Things will sort out over the next 10-11 days when MIT plays Babson twice.

BaboNation

Bradley Jomard (MIT) landed awkwardly after making a layup early in the first half of the Babson game.  Looked like an ankle (obviously just a guess).  I hate to see it, regardless of being a Babson fan.  He did not return as we head to halftime.  He looked disconsolate behind the bench.
Just my opinion ... with Jomard MIT is potentially the last New England team standing in March.  Without him, the NEWMAC becomes a 3 team race with Springfield and Babson.
If Babson gets Lowry back to run the offense they may yet make some noise.

BaboNation

Update:  play-by-play guy from MIT reported that Jomard was carried out on a stretcher. 

Smitty Oom

Quote from: BaboNation on January 31, 2018, 08:46:13 PM
Update:  play-by-play guy from MIT reported that Jomard was carried out on a stretcher.

Wow, saw he played single digit minutes to come here and see what happened this is worst case scenario. Engineers definitely not as good without him. Good win for Babo nonetheless.

Springfield who was struggling earlier in the season is now clicking on all cylinders.

AllStar

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WPI89

WPI bests Springfield in OT. Great win for the young Enginerrs. Sooo many big shots. Congrats boys. One more tomorrow sure would be fun!!!!

AllStar

BaboNation

Congrats to MIT!  Back-to-back NEWMAC Champions.

WPI made a good postseason run.  They've got a few good looking freshman.  It will be interesting to see how they fill out next season with the loss of key seniors.

Jurko did an excellent job running the offense for MIT in the absence of Jomard, both in the semifinal and final.

As it should be, the NEWMAC's best 2 teams are headed for the postseason.  Both are capable of Sweet 16 berths.  Matchups and where they go will have a lot do say about their chances.

I like Springfield to go deeper than MIT, but if MIT gets a 2nd half lead they are tough to come back on.

Ross and Jurko - time to lead your teams and make the NEWMAC proud!

WPI89

Agree Babo. Good effort by the young crimson Enginerrs. Many pool c candidates with a big sigh of relief!  Good luck to mit and i assume Springfield. Maybe a couple of second round NESCAC games?

Good luck to all rooting for C bids tomorrow.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: WPI89 on February 25, 2018, 03:12:19 PM
Agree Babo. Good effort by the young crimson Enginerrs. Many pool c candidates with a big sigh of relief!  Good luck to mit and i assume Springfield. Maybe a couple of second round NESCAC games?

Good luck to all rooting for C bids tomorrow.

Not sure Springfield is in - we didn't put them in the mock, although they certainly do have a chance to make it.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

AllStar

Final tournament results