WBB: GSAC

Started by coachwgh, November 09, 2005, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachwgh

Just figured I would try to stir up some interest on the women's side of our conference.  They now have 8 members and are just waiting on the legislative wheels of the NCAA to turn and give them the AQ for the conference tournament champ.  That is a great situation to be in.  To me, watching from the men's side, women's basketball has a lot of parody throughout conference play.  Yeah, you have one or two top teams that nobody touches but after that it is a battle to figure out how it will all finish out.  I hope their are some proud GSAC fans out there that can keep this thing rolling.

lady scots fan

Glad to see someone else is interested in the ladies. How do you think this year will play out?  Anyone have an opinion on the ladies of the GSAC?  :)

lady scots fan

I can't believe no one has an opinion on the ladies. The Lady Scots split their games this weekend. They lost to Swanee because of fouls . If you took away the 32 points on free throws it wouldn't even been close. Maryville should have taken that tournament.

scottiedoug

So the question is, can anybody in the GSAC other than Piedmont stay in the gym with Murvul?

lady scots fan

I think HC has improved but I am not sure of anyone else. What is your opinion?

scottiedoug

With so little press and d3hoops discussion about the teams, it is really hard to know what various teams have.  Coach Bell thinks the Scots are ready to do better than their normal first  or second round game in the NCAA tourney (according to the newspaper article last week in the Daily Times) but then they fool around and lose to Sewanee (again).  They sure play a lot of people!

lady scots fan

They turned the ball over to much and the fouls kept Sewanee in that game they should have never lost to them. You are right they do play a lot of people and in my opinion the can be a bad thing. Their best players get less playing time and that could hurt them in the long run. I think they have a better team than I have seen in a while. There is some girls that can play ball. You have returning players like Bain and Uner,Dalton and they have added some freshmen Munday,McConnell and then there is a couple of juniors Plemmons and Grant.

lady scots fan

So no one has an opinion on the ladies side of things. I wonder what is going on with Agnes Scott beating both Huntingdon and Piedmont. Are things changing ?  ???

lady scots fan

Agnes Scott is 3-0 !!!! They lead the ladies side of things with Maryville second. The ladies of Maryville are doing well his five starters play good together and they all can score.

mattgrubb

Dee Bell is the greatest coach in the world

lady scots fan

Who do you think will be conference champs on the ladies side? How do you think the Lady Scots will  be come conference time? Somebody  anybody let's get things heated up on this end!!!!!!!

lady scots fan

Congratulations to Charise Bain she has reached 1000 points in her career at MC. She was recognized at the beginning of the game last night. I believe that she also has over 500 rebounds. The ladies won big time over LaGrange everyone got playing time. Good job ladies.

lady scots fan

I would like to see a starting line up for the ladies with Katie P Charise,Andrea P,Reed and Uner. Then his second wave could be Natalie ,Coleen,Saxe and Dalton and Lauren Grant.That would be a double threat and he would be mixing up his shooters and ball handlers. Just an idea coach

powerhour

That indeed would be great line up, but chemistry may be a problem especially considering Plemons' effort is not very good.

powerhour

Another weak link would Parton's inability to score and Charise's lack of size, but Coach Bell is loaded with talent I bet practice is a battle...I agree let's stir this site up