MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

My guess is that it's likely that we'll still have two sons playing for their fathers in this league next season. Connor Raridon comes back for a fifth year for North Central, and I suspect that Brady Rose of Illinois Wesleyan will be replaced in this category by Jacob Schauer, who is currently having a solid senior season at Wheaton North, playing for his dad two miles to the southeast in King Arena.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

voxelmhurst

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 13, 2019, 01:24:12 PM
My guess is that it's likely that we'll still have two sons playing for their fathers in this league next season. Connor Raridon comes back for a fifth year for North Central, and I suspect that Brady Rose of Illinois Wesleyan will be replaced in this category by Jacob Schauer, who is currently having a solid senior season at Wheaton North, playing for his dad two miles to the southeast in King Arena.

:D :D Good to see the tradition continue. It's been a long running joke between another Elmhurst alum and me that Elmhurst will not ever be contender in this league until a coach's son suits up for the Jays.

lmitzel

New rankings are out. Augie stands pat at #1, Wheaton moves up to #3, NCC falls to #5. Illinois Wesleyan joins now at #7.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

AndOne

I can unequivocally  confirm such will be the case.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

GoPerry

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  But why is Wheaton only credited with 2 vRRo wins (2-4)?  Wins vs NCC, IWU 2x, Oshkosh.  Should be 4-4 right?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is based on last week's rankings ... IWU wasn't in last week's rankings. Thus two wins you can't count.

vRRO is only for the previous week, not the current week. The current week is based on the data given to them ... not updated data after they have voted (that only happens at the very, very end).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

GoPerry

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 13, 2019, 04:18:50 PM
It is based on last week's rankings ... IWU wasn't in last week's rankings. Thus two wins you can't count.

vRRO is only for the previous week, not the current week. The current week is based on the data given to them ... not updated data after they have voted (that only happens at the very, very end).

Got it. Didn't know that. Thanks Dave.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: GoPerry on February 13, 2019, 04:24:21 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 13, 2019, 04:18:50 PM

Got it. Didn't know that. Thanks Dave.

You bet! It is a pretty common question this time of the year. :)

kiko

Quote from: voxelmhurst on February 13, 2019, 02:43:23 PM

:D :D Good to see the tradition continue. It's been a long running joke between another Elmhurst alum and me that Elmhurst will not ever be contender in this league until a coach's son suits up for the Jays.

I keep hoping that Todd Raridon has a secret second family stashed away somewhere...  ::)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: kiko on February 13, 2019, 08:43:57 PM
Quote from: voxelmhurst on February 13, 2019, 02:43:23 PM

I keep hoping that Todd Raridon has a secret second family stashed away somewhere...  ::)

I hear ya!  NPU really blew it getting rid of Bosko before Stevie D came of age! ;)

iwu70

IWU 111 NP 66.

To paraphrase Greg, our work here is done.

'70

iwu70

111 - 66 IWU over NPU.

For IWU:
Rose 21
Bonnett 17
O'Neil (one of his better games) 13 and 4
Bair 10 and 7
Baker 8 and 6
Wolfe 7 Assts.

For NPU:
Marek 15
Tangen 14

15 Titans score in this game, all the pine-sitters getting 6-8 minutes in the latter part of the 2nd half, when the blowout was complete. 

Get it all tuned up, ready for the CCIW tournament. 

IWU'70

kiko

North Central wins in Kenosha, 85-54.  I did not get home in time to watch this one live, but of note is the fact that Matt Cappelletti logged zero minutes tonight.  I'm sure someone can chime in with context as I'm not sure what led to this, but I hope it was a one-off.

Blaise Meredith with 22 and 14
Connor Raridon with 21 and 8 boards
Aaron Jones with 10 and 5 assists

For Carthage:
Kienan Baltimore with 16
Jordan Kedrowski with 14
Sean Johnson with 10

Carthage was just 4-of-29 from three in this one.