MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Q

Augustana has landed Cameron Bartmann, a 6-9/250 C from Chicago St. Rita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slQMsT_0bVM

He is probably a bit of a "project"...but so was Micah Martin. If Bartmann commits to changing his body like Martin did, and working as hard, seems he could be that next Martin-type player.

augie77

Thanks for your recruiting updates!  Can you share your general sources?  You'll probably say "Twitter", but as a novice on that social medium, how does one gather such info?

duckfan41

This isn't college basketball explicitly, but Jusuf Nurkic of the Portland Trailblazers suffered a Chang-like injury last night against the Nets. While Nurk was on the ground with his leg already broken, a ref inexplicably tried to step over him and ended up kicking his already broken leg. Also, almost no one tried to help him right away. All of this said to show how fast the initial reaction actually was from both the Wheaton and NCC training staffs even though the ambulance decided to get lost on campus... I'm thankful for how both training staffs responded and did what they could to help Chang when he went down.

I am still amazed at how Chang has progressed with his recovery and pray the same for Nurkic as he's one of my favorite nba players and was currently having the best season of his career. Injuries are the worst...

AndOne

The Wheaton trainer, NCC trainer, and the physician that came down from the stands when Aiden was injured were amazing. It took me a while to realize it, but my medical background later told me that in addition to his physical injuries that evening, that trio may have also prevented Aiden from going into shock which would have presented a second level of trauma with even potentially worse consequences than his orthopedic misadventure. The collective prayers and well wishes of the crowd were also palpable. Aiden is still very thankful for all the support.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

And this from the culture that gave us Herodicus, Galen, Herophilus and his pupil Agnodice (the first female doctor), and Hippocrates and his famous oath.

Perhaps Greek doctors are still good; it's just getting the sick or injured to them that's the problem. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Titan Q

Quote from: augie77 on March 25, 2019, 10:46:04 PM
Thanks for your recruiting updates!  Can you share your general sources?  You'll probably say "Twitter", but as a novice on that social medium, how does one gather such info?

On Cam Bartmann, I got a note from a D3 coach who always seems to be in the loop on who is going where.

You can definitely find a lot of stuff on Twitter.  From the home page, you can use the "Search Twitter" feature.  For example, type in "Illinois Wesleyan, basketball", and on the next page choose "Latest."  As you scroll down the tweets that come up, you will usually find things. 

As kids announce where they are going on Twitter, they generally always use the school name and "basketball." ("Excited to announce I am heading to Illinois Wesleyan to continue my academic and basketball career.") So that type of search usually produces some hits.

AndOne

Quote from: AndOne on March 26, 2019, 12:24:44 PM
The Wheaton trainer, NCC trainer, and the physician that came down from the stands when Aiden was injured were amazing. It took me a while to realize it, but my medical background later told me that in addition to his physical injuries that evening, that trio may have also prevented Aiden from going into shock which would have presented a second level of trauma with even potentially worse consequences than his orthopedic misadventure. The collective prayers and well wishes of the crowd were also palpable. Aiden is still very thankful for all the support.

14.2.5.2.5.2 Fraction in Percent Computation. Any computation of the percent limitation that results in a fractional portion of a contest or date of competition shall be rounded to the next whole number (e.g. 33 percent of the standard basketball denominator of 26—8.6 games—-shall be considered 9 games). 

2018-19 Division III —- August

augiefan

Bartmann looks like he needs to lose a lot of weight and to improve his mobility to be a competitive player in the CCIW, but you can't coach big, so best of luck to the young man.

Greek Tragedy

What's Augustana's starting lineup going to look like next year? Even without Ebel, Orange and Benning, I wouldn't sleep on them. It looks like NCC is the (clear) favorite next season. I do recall a few years ago Augustana lost their top six or seven guys to graduation. Rebuild? Nope. They shared the conference title and went to the Final Four, I believe.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

NCF

Quote from: Titan Q on March 25, 2019, 09:46:41 AM
Augustana has landed Cameron Bartmann, a 6-9/250 C from Chicago St. Rita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slQMsT_0bVM

He is probably a bit of a "project"...but so was Micah Martin. If Bartmann commits to changing his body like Martin did, and working as hard, seems he could be that next Martin-type player.

He played volleyball for me in junior high.  :D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

augie77

lmitzel

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 27, 2019, 09:12:23 AM
What's Augustana's starting lineup going to look like next year? Even without Ebel, Orange and Benning, I wouldn't sleep on them. It looks like NCC is the (clear) favorite next season. I do recall a few years ago Augustana lost their top six or seven guys to graduation. Rebuild? Nope. They shared the conference title and went to the Final Four, I believe.

And came within a blocked layup of winning the national title, too. While I'd probably agree NCC is the favorite based on what's coming back, the fact that Augie pulled that off makes me respect them as a contender still, even with them losing a bunch of their guys to graduation.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

kiko

Quote from: lmitzel on March 27, 2019, 05:49:39 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 27, 2019, 09:12:23 AM

And came within a blocked layup of winning the national title, too. While I'd probably agree NCC is the favorite based on what's coming back, the fact that Augie pulled that off makes me respect them as a contender still, even with them losing a bunch of their guys to graduation.

I think projecting Augie as anything lower than #1B is ignoring how well Double-G has been able to reload on an annual basis for the past decade.  North Central certainly has a lot coming back, but nobody else is standing still between now and November.