WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate

Good morning, Ronk.  Boy, am i jealous, you got to chat with Gordon last night about b'ball in the Mid-Atlantic!  Tough loss for the Lady Royals, but i'm sure you enjoyed yourself.  Sorry to say, i've never been to Messiah, but following our D3 teams we all certainly get around.  We still miss you, U of S, and Drew.  Hope you keep track of your "old league".   Have fun the rest of the season - how come each year seems to go faster & faster?

ronk

Kate,
   Yes, I still keep an eye on the 'old' league as well as any likely Lady Royals possible tournament foes; it's getting a little easier with more schools videocasting games.
   I asked Gordon for continued coverage(games,Hoopsvillle,etc.) on the women's side and he mentioned that the Mid-Atlantic fans were among the stronger supporters of that side of D3hoops and I brought up your name expressly in that regard.

TheGrove

Quote from: kate on January 28, 2010, 09:39:49 AM
Good morning, Ronk.  Boy, am i jealous, you got to chat with Gordon last night about b'ball in the Mid-Atlantic!  Tough loss for the Lady Royals, but i'm sure you enjoyed yourself.  Sorry to say, i've never been to Messiah, but following our D3 teams we all certainly get around.  We still miss you, U of S, and Drew.  Hope you keep track of your "old league".   Have fun the rest of the season - how come each year seems to go faster & faster?

No love for Susquehanna, kate? I'm hurt.  :'(

kate

Howdy, Grove - remember you guys were in the "other half" of the league so unfortunately we didn't get to play you or Juniata that often.  Moravian was a different story - we did see them since they were so close.  We live in Easton so we are still in proximity very close.  You do have to wonder if the economy stays the same, if leagues would be re-aligned yet again.  Anyway, the Phils start spring training soon, so we can root for them - how about Shane's 22 million dollar contract!?!

NEPAFAN

Ronk

how were you so lucky to be pulled from the crowd for the shot?  What would u have done with a messiah shirt anyway?!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Nepa,
Anyone who wants to try lines up in 5 or so queues around the 3 pt-arc and gives it a shot. Estimate 1/3 of the males at the game and some females(total, around 50) participated. I didn't know what the prize was before I shot, but I can use another shirt for bball. Grew up around 15 miles from the campus and like the atmosphere there. Both teams gather together at game's end, holding hands, saying a prayer?(I'll ask one of the Royals some day what they say). Best of all- they don't charge admission!

lefty2

Quote from: ronk on January 29, 2010, 12:33:03 AM
Both teams gather together at game's end, holding hands, saying a prayer?(I'll ask one of the Royals some day what they say). Best of all- they don't charge admission!

No admission charge to the game or prayer?
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

saratoga

That's the first hint it's not a Catholic school!

kate

Certainly not to overlook the two Scranton games during this week, but that should be quite a game on Saturday in Bethlehem with our two former MAC members, the Lady Royals vs the Lady Greyhounds.  Very interesting.

TheGrove

Quote from: kate on February 16, 2010, 12:44:25 PM
Certainly not to overlook the two Scranton games during this week, but that should be quite a game on Saturday in Bethlehem with our two former MAC members, the Lady Royals vs the Lady Greyhounds.  Very interesting.

And Susquehanna will end up playing one or the other in the first round of the Landmark playoffs next week.

ronk

If the Lady Royals should defeat the Lady Greyhounds tomorrow, my sense is that none of the playing tiebreakers would work and we would use a coin flip to decide the 1st seed.

ronk

At least, the Lady Royals can save their coin-flip strategy for another year; congrats to Moravian for going thru the conference undefeated.

cold_case

I rarely if ever post on the womens side but I couldn't help notice the Moravian women failing to shake hands with Scranton when they came out for the tip.
I thought that was very odd and sort of arrogant on the home teams part. It's not like they have a rich tradition, mystique, aura.
However, it was nice to see Scranton get whacked. 8-)

ronk

"Just a flesh wound", said the knight.

ronk

Scranton's SID in his postgame notes said the Royals would win a tie by a victory of 10 or more points. In the words of Captain Renault, "I am shocked" that the conference would use point differential to break a tie.  ;)