WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Remember, Catholic could be at the table at the same time as Scranton or others since the conference is split into two different regions for one more year.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Entering the final week, Scranton, Moravian, and Catholic can finish anywhere 1-3; Scranton and Moravian control their own destiny; Catholic would need help from Goucher to finish 1st.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

ROFL... Catholic would need Goucher's help! I'm making a call... my alma mater is not supposed to be helping the Cardinals in any way! :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

Ronk:
If the Lady Royal's defeat Moravian on Wednesday, it's over.
Should Moravian win, & assuming Catholic wins on Wednesday, then the 3 are tied.
However, Catholic & Moravian then play in the last regular season game & one of them are going to have 3 losses.
Assuming Moravian defeats Scranton & Catholic, even though both the Greyhounds & Lady Royals will have the same W/L record, Moravian wins out due to the regular season sweep.
If Moravian defeats Scranton but loses to Catholic, the Lady Royal's will win based upon their sweep of the Cardinals.
I can't see a scenario where the Lady Royals finish lower than 2nd.
Not that Goucher isn't capable of knocking off Scranton at the Long Center (please refer to Baptist Bible vs. Cabrini), just can't honestly see it happening.
Up to this point, it will be the biggest game the young Lady Royals will have played. 
Time will tell soon enough if Scranton is once again ready for prime time...God only knows they certainly have the talent.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on February 17, 2014, 11:19:25 AM
Ronk:
If the Lady Royal's defeat Moravian on Wednesday, it's over.
Should Moravian win, & assuming Catholic wins on Wednesday, then the 3 are tied.
However, Catholic & Moravian then play in the last regular season game & one of them are going to have 3 losses.
Assuming Moravian defeats Scranton & Catholic, even though both the Greyhounds & Lady Royals will have the same W/L record, Moravian wins out due to the regular season sweep.
If Moravian defeats Scranton but loses to Catholic, the Lady Royal's will win based upon their sweep of the Cardinals.
I can't see a scenario where the Lady Royals finish lower than 2nd.
Not that Goucher isn't capable of knocking off Scranton at the Long Center (please refer to Baptist Bible vs. Cabrini), just can't honestly see it happening.
Up to this point, it will be the biggest game the young Lady Royals will have played. 
Time will tell soon enough if Scranton is once again ready for prime time...God only knows they certainly have the talent.

Scranton loses last 2 & Catholic wins last 2-Catholic is 1st, Moravian is 2nd, ans Scranton is 3rd. Unlikely but not impossible.

ronk

After tonight's action, Scranton is #1 seed, the Catholic-Moravian winner is the #2, the loser is #3, and the Juniata-Drew winner is the #4.

ronk

From the what-might-have-been department:
  Scranton Lady Royals' Katie Cunningham laced them up yesterday after a 3-year absence and made 3 consecutive 3-pters on Senior Day. Katie was thought to be the PG for 4 years, had a good freshman year, but suffered an injury before her sophomore year and served as a team manager since. Congrats to Katie! 

Roundball999

Quote from: ronk on February 23, 2014, 09:58:08 AM
From the what-might-have-been department:
  Scranton Lady Royals' Katie Cunningham laced them up yesterday after a 3-year absence and made 3 consecutive 3-pters on Senior Day. Katie was thought to be the PG for 4 years, had a good freshman year, but suffered an injury before her sophomore year and served as a team manager since. Congrats to Katie! 

Wow, it's a shame injury stole all that time from her - but what a way to finish!  Congratulations to Ms. Cunningham.

sp0rtsfan

Same here....Way to go KC ! I'm glad I had the chance to see the game and celebration....She hung in there when so many others would have dropped out of the game. We always hear about the low percentage of HS  athletes who go on to play college ball. However, I don't think there's enough said about the percentage of college athletes who actually stay 4 years with a program, any program, any school, any division level...

ronk

Katie still has a couple of NCAA tourney irons in the fire-with the Lady Royals and with an older sister(an All-American @ Drew), now assistant coach with Montclair St, whom the Royals played in the 1st game of the season.

ronk

Looking good for Pool C chances for Moravian and Catholic; Moravian should be 1st Mid-Atlantic rep at the table and Catholic the 2nd Atlantic rep(after CNU who should be picked early); if Catholic gets selected, then Kelly Lewandowski's Salisbury team might have the next shot.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Salisbury won't make it... they will be at the table in the end, but I don't think they make it.

saratoga

Just trying to help the Selection Committee.....
With their record & SOS among other things, there is no doubt the Scranton women would be hosting this weekend were it not for their men also having an outstanding year & earning the right to host this weekend.
Therefore, since the Lady Royal's must be on the road, how about a host site not that far away.
My suggestion is Haverford hosting along with:
*Scranton
*Salisbury
*Geneseo.
In the past, I believe the NCAA has tried to have schools that would otherwise host if it were not for the men's turn being at home not having to travel very far.
A potential matchup between Coach Strong & his former great player Kelly Lewandowski might be nice for us...pretty sure he'd like to avoid it if possible.
I think the Lady Royal's have earned the right to play as close to Scranton without being in the Long Center as possible.

saratoga

Per your thoughts...Putting Scranton into a section being hosted essentially by default & being a conference member they just played twice in the last week & a half (Moravian), is just plain dumb.
Spread them out.

ronk

Hoopsville thought that Scranton will be the top seed @ Messiah with Plattsburgh & Roger Williams. Better for me!