WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratoga

What an absolutely fantastic season by the Lady Royals.

That said, congratulations to Tufts & Bowdoin...the two best teams standing.

Trevor used smoke, mirrors & duct tape and he brought these kids as far as they could go.

A great game to watch & the Lady Royals have absolutely no reason to hang their heads...they left everything on the court.

Give Bowdoin credit, every time the ladies made a run, they nailed their open looks or got an offensive rebound to reset.

Scranton needs some help on the wing to take some of the pressure off Bridgett but what a wonderful finish for Katie & Katie.

Thanks everyone for another fantastic season.

Seven more months till practice starts!!!

Rofrog

Comment from a Bowdoin fan im only quoting him (We never shoot this many threes)Well he was in a zone for sometime smh .

saratoga

One killer of a stat...

Bowdoin had 19 offensive rebounds, Lady Royals had 4.

Killed on the glass & multiple shots in the same sequence will eventually do you in.

Should be a great game tomorrow...I'm going with:

Bowdoin: 53

Tufts: 65

Rofrog

Saratoga here is another stat Bowdoin 32.9 pct from the field 35.7 from beyond the arc 10-28Scranton 40.0 from the field 16.7 pct from the arc3-18  big difference 30pts to 9 pts

saratoga

Bowdoin had multiple kids willing to shoot after finding the soft spot in the zone...the Lady Royals were trying to be too perfect on every possession and were tentative on the trigger.

These kids rode the gravy train as far as they could.

What a finish for Katie F.

Talk about improving her game & wanting the ball...hope she can pull a Moravian & find a fifth year.  ;)

ronk

Thanks to the 2 Katies for laying the groundwork for a great season, one not thought possible in many quarters. And to Katie F., you're in my top 5 Royals all-time for improvement over the 4 years, despite playing behind 2 All-Americans. Best wishes to both in the future.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on March 09, 2018, 11:21:23 PM

One killer of a stat...

Bowdoin had 19 offensive rebounds, Lady Royals had 4.

Killed on the glass & multiple shots in the same sequence will eventually do you in.

Should be a great game tomorrow...I'm going with:

Bowdoin: 53

Tufts: 65

I'll go with Tufts also, but by a lesser difference, say 6. Likewise, it should be a great game. Tufts has just a little more everything; what they don't have is Kate Kerrigan who won't let Bowdoin lose. Kate's high school teammate was Tufts' PG Lauren Dillon(from talking with Kate's father after the game). I mentioned to him that Kate was my favorite player from her AAU days 4 summers ago.
  Thought the Scranton strategy to start with a 3-2 zone defense was commendable; the defenders were just too slow to close out the Bowdoin 3-pt shooters. Bowdoin had more such shots(most, uncontested) in each of the 1st 2 quarters than Scranton had total shots. Scranton knew about Kate being a force on the offensive boards; sometimes, it's hard to translate that knowledge into effective results. That's part of what separates the great players from the rest of us.

Maine 1

I thought Scranton's zone was soft and  they stayed in it too long.  Bowdoin was getting easy uncontested threes, and a lot of them.

Rofrog

Maine one agreed he meaning coach never played zone (much) all year long then he does it this game after 2 3pt you switch he did stay in it to long .

Rofrog

Look it is the 3 period they are 1-9

Rofrog

Stats don't lie they had 30 pts off of 3 pts we had 9

Rofrog

I know one thing they will be calling Scranton Nescac south.

Rofrog

Everyone enjoy the off season hopefully the recruits are committed and they release them in July not November.Saratoga see you around.Ronk maybe catch you at a couple aau games.Be safe all

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Rofrog on March 11, 2018, 09:23:12 PM
Everyone enjoy the off season hopefully the recruits are committed and they release them in July not November.Saratoga see you around.Ronk maybe catch you at a couple aau games.Be safe all

We can talk about them in July all we want, but don't they have to get on campus, start classes, show up at practices, get a jersey, and start to play before it really matters? :) This is DIII, not DI. They are beholden to the schools or the teams.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Rofrog

Dave deposits have to be made by May.So I think a coach has a great idea who is committed to the school.