FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffMan

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 29, 2019, 08:35:05 PM
AO just liked a tweet that said:

"Eff it. I'm going to DQ for a blizzard. Turn into the skid."   ;D

Thanks AO, I'm gonna follow this guy.

LOL.  I literally just told my favorite wife that we should take the kids to DQ tomorrow.  ;D

I'm also thinking about firing up the Weber.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

Dang.  I hope you all have some heat.  Pipes will be bursting.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/01/29/xcel-thousands-in-twin-cities-without-power-during-dangerous-cold-snap/

Xcel Energy says equipment failures on power poles is leading to outages all over the metro Tuesday evening, which started at about 5:40 p.m.

At the peak of the outage, about 8,000 residents were affected in the Twin Cities metro area. As of 11 p.m., less than 600 customers people were still without power.

The Anzalone family said their Bloomington neighborhood went dark around dinner time. Like many in the metro, they were bundled up and reading by candelight, hoping they didn't have to leave their house. They say the latest update for power returning is 3 a.m. Wednesday.
[  

OzJohnnie

And how about those linemen out in that cold?  Earning their pay tonight, that's for sure.
[  

OzJohnnie

Triple post.

I mentioned 19 days ago that Tom Mitchell, Hawthorn's Brownlow medalist, snapped both bones on his lower left leg.  19 days later he's back at practice doing some handball drills.  There is still a long recovery and odds are the season is gone, but modern medicine is amazing.  No cast.  Just titanium rods and such and he's back out on the training track walking and putting full weight on the leg.   Nuts.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2019-01-30/mitchell-back-on-track
[  

art76

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 30, 2019, 04:38:05 AM
Dang.  I hope you all have some heat.  Pipes will be bursting.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/01/29/xcel-thousands-in-twin-cities-without-power-during-dangerous-cold-snap/

Xcel Energy says equipment failures on power poles is leading to outages all over the metro Tuesday evening, which started at about 5:40 p.m.

At the peak of the outage, about 8,000 residents were affected in the Twin Cities metro area. As of 11 p.m., less than 600 customers people were still without power.

The Anzalone family said their Bloomington neighborhood went dark around dinner time. Like many in the metro, they were bundled up and reading by candelight, hoping they didn't have to leave their house. They say the latest update for power returning is 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Our fearless moderator Pat, shared via FB that he was one of those affected and that he and his family were headed to a hotel for the night.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

BDB

I lost power around midnight, came back on just before 3am. It was getting down there in the house.

When it came on I said out loud "X-Cel Energy! You are Da Man!"  :-*

MUC57

BDB

Glad you got the juice back on. Right now in Alliance, the temp is 0 degrees, wind chill is -22 degrees! But no power problems, at least yet. Lots of snow on the ground.
The main concern is running out of beer. Supposed to be -30 degrees around noon so won't go out. If I don't get a delivery, this could be my last post. Never mind, I'll be OK! Stay safe!   ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

57Johnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on January 30, 2019, 08:11:03 AM

BDB

Glad you got the juice back on. Right now in Alliance, the temp is 0 degrees, wind chill is -22 degrees! But no power problems, at least yet. Lots of snow on the ground.
The main concern is running out of beer. Supposed to be -30 degrees around noon so won't go out. If I don't get a delivery, this could be my last post. Never mind, I'll be OK! Stay safe!   ;D
Hey Buddy!
Do not let your beer freeze!  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

AO

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 29, 2019, 08:35:05 PM
AO just liked a tweet that said:

"Eff it. I'm going to DQ for a blizzard. Turn into the skid."   ;D

Thanks AO, I'm gonna follow this guy.
ChikenFingerz is a great follow, but I'm not responsible for anything controversial he posts.  His previous twitter handle ran into a bit of trouble when he was not very welcoming to Eagles fans arriving in Minnesota for last year's Super Bowl.   :D

jamtod

Quote from: 57Johnnie on January 30, 2019, 09:15:44 AM

BDB

Hey Buddy!

I love when my porch deep freezer basically becomes insulation from the outside cold.

Also dealing with some frozen lines to/from my dishwasher. I think with a space heater and some boiling water I have it rectified, but we'll see.

57Johnnie

Quote from: jamtoTommie on January 30, 2019, 09:36:59 AM

BDB

Hey Buddy!

I love when my porch deep freezer basically becomes insulation from the outside cold.

Also dealing with some frozen lines to/from my dishwasher. I think with a space heater and some boiling water I have it rectified, but we'll see.
Try your hair dryer :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

jamtod

Quote from: 57Johnnie on January 30, 2019, 09:54:58 AM
Quote from: jamtoTommie on January 30, 2019, 09:36:59 AM

BDB

Hey Buddy!

Try your hair dryer :)

Got that running now, once I found the spots in the drain line that appeared to be frozen.

miac952

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 30, 2019, 08:01:25 AM
I lost power around midnight, came back on just before 3am. It was getting down there in the house.

When it came on I said out loud "X-Cel Energy! You are Da Man!"  :-*

It is hard to catch back up when the furnace is chasing -30 degrees too. I took the liberty to do a preventive shutoff of our water to our basement bathroom where the plumbing is exposed to outside walls by our walkout.

We didn't lose power, but we lost something much worse. Cable and internet, plus Lunds & Byerlys closed their doors. It's first world Armageddon in the western Burbs. 

MUC57

To all my many friends on this board

This may be my last post. Wind chill is now -26 in Alliance. Snow now coming down (is that better than going up?)! Winds very strong. But even worse. I'm out of beer. Also out of tortilla chips and salsa. I have my age going against me (birthday tomorrow, will be 83). What would you guys do? If I can just make it through today, I can get out tomorrow and restock.
Ah well! Thank you for your attention! 😢 🍺 ⛄️
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

MiacMan

Quote from: MUC57 on January 30, 2019, 11:58:34 AM

To all my many friends on this board

This may be my last post. Wind chill is now -26 in Alliance. Snow now coming down (is that better than going up?)! Winds very strong. But even worse. I'm out of beer. Also out of tortilla chips and salsa. I have my age going against me (birthday tomorrow, will be 83). What would you guys do? If I can just make it through today, I can get out tomorrow and restock.
Ah well! Thank you for your attention! 😢 🍺 ⛄️

MUC

Say ain't so. You may have to walk to the nearest gas station and at least get a 6-pack of Miller Lite (same recipe as Milwaukee's Best-Light) then just hunker down until tomorrow! All the best to you my friend! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY you spry young buck!