2008 NCAA Tournament

Started by gatoradio, March 03, 2008, 12:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

DeSales, Hope and HPU advance, and the winner of GFU-UPS cannot be bused either.

Center Valley PA to Holland MI is 700 miles.

There are three flights involved here and it appears that HPU is the highest seeded team from the respective regions in that Sectional.

Please NCAA. Fly the teams to Brownwood.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 08, 2008, 11:10:33 PM
DeSales, Hope and HPU advance, and the winner of GFU-UPS cannot be bused either.

Center Valley PA to Holland MI is 700 miles.

There are three flights involved here and it appears that HPU is the highest seeded team from the respective regions in that Sectional.

Please NCAA. Fly the teams to Brownwood.

I strongly suspect that will be the case.  Not only would it be a long-overdue payback to Texas, it would save a problem on the men's side by allowing Hope's men to host a sectional that would otherwise be at Wheaton (probably the last C selected) or OWU (who would not have even been in contention for a C, had they not won their AQ) - the fourth team is Whitworth, and they AIN'T gonna fly 3 teams to the Northwest!  Besides, with the Final Four in Holland, they may be a bit reluctant to let them host a sectional.

Ralph Turner

I believe that Brownwood has an executive Jetport that can handle the commuter planes out of DFW, SAT, Austin or Houston (IAH).

Or it is just a 3-hour bus ride from DFW to Brownwood.

sac

Abilene and San Angelo both have airports with daily flights to DFW.

Brownwood does have an executive type airport.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: sac on March 09, 2008, 01:04:21 AM

Sac, it is still 1:20 to Brownwood from Abilene and about 1:45 from San Angelo to Brownwood.   :)

Altho' that is God's country, it makes the most sense to bus from DFW to Brownwood, instead of the connections.

(I love the "sky" and the horizon and the sunsets of west Texas.)

sac

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 09, 2008, 01:09:57 AM

Sac, it is still 1:20 to Brownwood from Abilene and about 1:45 from San Angelo to Brownwood.   :)

Altho' that is God's country, it makes the most sense to bus from DFW to Brownwood, instead of the connections.

Some might Charter

Ralph Turner

Quote from: sac on March 09, 2008, 01:10:45 AM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 09, 2008, 01:09:57 AM
Some might Charter
Yes, Charter direct to Brownwood.  A 50-seater can land at Brownwood, I think.

hope1

any one looking for tickets for this weekend i have 3 extra fri and sat please email me
i love hope  sports all of them are really great to watch