MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxelmhurst

An end to an era for Elmhurst, as Friday night's game will be the last Elmhurst game featuring starting members of the '22 national runners-up squad. Hopefully, another 20+ season, CCIW tournament title, and national tournament appearance will help Baines and company on the recruiting trail. Elmhurst faces their biggest rebuilding challenge in over a decade starting this offseason.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 01, 2024, 08:19:46 PMIt's been a forgettable season for this league in terms of men's basketball.

I imagine Bob is fairly happy. I mean, IWU was picked 4th (albeit, just 5 pts off the pace) and finished with an impressive 14-2 Conference record. However, they missed out on the NCAAs, losing the CCIW tournament final. Too many nc losses.

Would you rather have a CCIW regular season title or an NCAA bid with no guarantees you'd get out of the 1st round, like Elmhurst?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 04, 2024, 10:56:20 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 01, 2024, 08:19:46 PMIt's been a forgettable season for this league in terms of men's basketball.

I imagine Bob is fairly happy. I mean, IWU was picked 4th (albeit, just 5 pts off the pace) and finished with an impressive 14-2 Conference record. However, they missed out on the NCAAs, losing the CCIW tournament final. Too many nc losses.

Would you rather have a CCIW regular season title or an NCAA bid with no guarantees you'd get out of the 1st round, like Elmhurst?

A CCIW regular season title is a CCIW title -- that's the one that is recognized. It's not awarded an AQ, but it's the title.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Greek Tragedy

I understand that. I didn't debate that. Where is the confusion? I asked, would you rather have a CCIW title or an NCAA appearance?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 05, 2024, 07:43:03 AMI understand that. I didn't debate that. Where is the confusion? I asked, would you rather have a CCIW title or an NCAA appearance?

It's about nomenclature -- "CCIW regular season title" is not really a thing people say. That is the "CCIW title."
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

voxelmhurst

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 04, 2024, 10:56:20 PMWould you rather have a CCIW regular season title or an NCAA bid with no guarantees you'd get out of the 1st round, like Elmhurst?

It's a very tough achievement to come out on top after a 16 game CCIW schedule. That said, Elmhurst hasn't won the CCIW title since 2001 and I've barely noticed or cared, given the success they've had under John Baines. I'd take the tournament bid every time.

markerickson

According to the Mpls Star/Tribune, FIVE D3 teams from MN lost in the first round ala Elmhurst.  I saw Illinois College won their first round match.  The CCIW had quite a face-plant this year.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: markerickson on March 06, 2024, 10:20:54 AMAccording to the Mpls Star/Tribune, FIVE D3 teams from MN lost in the first round ala Elmhurst.  I saw Illinois College won their first round match.  The CCIW had quite a face-plant this year.

Yes, although that is both men and women. The CCIW women did slightly better.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

bbfan44

It has been mentioned that the league was "down" this year.  Indeed, apparently the players were down this year as well. No player was selected to an All American team for the first time in over 25 years.  Not even the Region 8 Most Outstanding Player was selected.  I guess we can conclude that the whole Region was "down".
Elmhurst did beat the National Champion back in December albeit with Trines big center not playing that game.

Thoughts?

tjcummingsfan

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 17, 2024, 10:40:17 PMhttps://twitter.com/ko1denv/status/1769461438093885857?t=0xd0pw40rw3Ar2g_J2omkA&s=19

Kolden confirming he's in the portal. Not sure if that's news

Well that seems less than ideal.  I know it doesn't mean he's for sure leaving, but oof, that's rough to see.

PauldingLightUP

Wheaton schedule is posted. Non cons at Benedictine, at Lake Forest, vs CUW, vs Pfund Classic TBA x2, vs Hope, vs Manchester, vs Chicago, vs Wabash.

https://athletics.wheaton.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2024-25

markerickson

Maybe Kolden will return to Indiana to play for the defending national champions.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.