WBB: NESCAC

Started by Senator Frost, March 12, 2005, 09:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remsleep

Err...uh...  I mean the UAA out of conference record is 45-10, not the previously posted 30-16  sorry folks

JeffRookie2

I haven't seen any of the Amherst games, someone tell me what the hell is going on.

remsleep

JeffRookie2 -- I had the opportunity to see Amherst play last week.   They are not going to fare well in NESCAC this season.. probably can compete with Conn and Trinity, maybe Tufts.  Will get beaten by Bates and Wesleyan, will get beaten by a bit more by the hated Ephs and will get absolutely destroyed, of course, by Bowdoin.
The problems are as follows:
1) They have two or three kids who are reasonably athletic, but they have no one, and I mean no one, who is a real good basketball player. 
2)  I don't mean to criticize but, they don't appear to communicate well on the floor...it appears that messages sent by Coach McBride and/or Coach Hersey are not being received by the players.
3) But most importantly, they play with ZERO intensity, they look like they don't want to be out there.  An over-achieving, high energy team like Clark just took them apart and Clark would be middle of the pack, at best, in the NESCAC

bearswatcher

Well, let's see, Wash U wins starts the season 10-0 and another all mighty Northeast superpower bites the dust. Come one guys, maybe it just isn't the NE's year. Last couple years NE teams spit the bit anyway. UAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAA
UAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAAUAA

Snowman

I bow my head, the Snowman willchill for a while with the unexpected loss to Salem State. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBUMMER

remsleep

Bates plays #6 Baldwin-Wallace very tough in Las Vegas, ultimately losing 66-63.  Most interesting element of this game, it seems, is the effect the returned Kostakis had, scoring 14 in 23 minutes.  Though I doubt they will overcome Bowdoin perhaps they will make it a bit more interesting than I originally thought.  By the way, Barton's 14 assists in a recent game... anywhere close to the school record?

Snowman

I see Bates bites the dust again

Snowman

LET'S ALL THANK THE ALMIGHTY BATES FOR HELPING WITH OUR REGIONAL RANKINGS..........LOSERS

feces monkey

And let's thank USM for driving the mean SAT score in the state of Maine below 1,000...but to paraphrase Judge Smails, "the world needs ditch-diggers, too."

With Ithaca in the tank after last year's NCAA run, Bowdoin's next test will be the Emmanuel/UMF duo in a three-day span. They are in Brunswick, which will be very important against an Emmanuel team very comfortable at home.

Middlebury and Tufts keep rolling. It appears Tufts has signed up for the Brandeis Memorial Tour-of-the-NEWMAC schedule.

Bates = tanked.

Williams appears to be the last legit team to dethrone Bowdoin, unless Bates gets its act together. Wesleyan loses to Salve Regina and beats Springfield? I think Colby could be two years away from being very good. Their coach has maximized that team.

Snowman

WOW, you turkeys struggle a bit and you all go silent, some difference from when Bowdoin is #1 or Amherst and Williams are playing better..

Well At least Bates finally won a game

Pat Coleman

It's been kind of a quiet week all across the site. I wouldn't say this board is any different.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Red1

Bates is FINALLY at full strength and it shows.  Losing 3 starters to injuries at the beginning of the season did not bode well, but the Springfield tournament shows that Bates can compete with the ranked teams when they're at full strength.  Look for a big turnaround in 2006.  The 14 assists for Barton against Hardin-Simmons was 1 shy of the school record of 15 set in '95.

Cheers,
Red1

p.s.  not that I need to say anything about USM losing the moment they play a half way decent team on the road, but I will say it any way:  told you so.  It has become quite clear why USM didn't dare play any road games against their toughest opponents.

p.p.s.  Congrats to the UAA, I tip my cap.  4 undefeated teams ranked in the top 25.  I'm impressed.

Snowman

Red,

I guess Bates wasn't at full strength in Las Vegas, eh?

NEWMACwatcher

I've not seen a lot of Bates but was at the tournament. Bates defense forced Springfield into something like 28 turnovers. Bates shot the ball extrememly well and had a very nice inside out game that Springfield never adjusted to.

Snowman