SLIAC

Started by watchdog, March 08, 2004, 02:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wydown Blvd.

Nope FC has got it, but I didnt want to put out that Sharpe-Taylor not playing if it wasnt true.

btw. I don't know if without Sharpe, FU can beat Maryville.

sorry if its not too significant  :-\...I thought it was old news, but I figured there would have been noise on the board if people had heard about it.

sully309

Considering she was in the top 10 in scoring and rebounding last season, this seems like a big loss to me. I'm surprised to see people brushing this off.

fcnews

I was not brushing off the loss of Liz. I just think the return of Reale is a bigger plus then Sharpes loss. For Liz's size she was not a post presence like FU needed. Reale will give the Griffin's that much needed inside threat.

Wydown Blvd.

However, Liz was such a mismatch. You give up a lot of her versatility with a true post player. I think it was also a coaching move to not have Liz with her back to the basket, I have seen her pull some post moves. I was thinking Fontbonne had a great shot at winning a conference championship with both Reale and Sharpe; the possibility decreases without her.

y_jack_lok

I've heard through the grapevine that Webster will have a roster of around 17 players this year. That basically doubles last year's roster in size.

sully309

Quote from: y_jack_lok on August 28, 2007, 07:40:09 PM
I've heard through the grapevine that Webster will have a roster of around 17 players this year. That basically doubles last year's roster in size.

Impressive, but I'm not surprised at all by that. The Gorloks could be a handful this year.

y_jack_lok

eureka_sid, I hope you didn't think that was meant to be a boastful statement. Just reporting information I heard. I'm not surprised by it either. And I expect those who played last year may have a lot of competition for playing time this year. That will be good for those who had to be on the floor well in excess of 30 minutes every game. For others it may mean very limited minutes.

sully309

No, I understand you're not the boastful type, YJak. Thanks for the knowledge. I think we're on the same page when it comes to the Webster program at the moment.

jdoug2

Sorry it's been so long guys. Work change and other stuff have precluded me from staying on top of things. I don't have any inside info from Lauren concerning new recruits. I had heard about the Liz stuff long time ago. I'll actually be seeing my niece tomorrow so maybe she'll give me some big scoop.

Is there a schedule out yet for Fontbonne? It's not on their website.
Go GRIFFINS

y_jack_lok

Fontbonne has its men's schedule up but not the women's. If Lauren has access to the women's scheule get it from her and share it as I keep a composite schedule of all four d3 St. Louis schools' schedules

jdoug2

My niece's team-mate(and roommate) does have the schedule but they can't find the time to fax, mail, or scan and email to us down here in Texas. That is evidently way too much effort.  :)Good thing I like both of them. We need to find out somewhat soon to start buying plane tickets. But that's our issue.

Lauren did tell me they have a couple of good junior transfers. One is a post, but the other according to my  niece has some skills. I'm concerned about their point guard play. I think that's where the season will turn.
Go GRIFFINS

hopefan

Went out to hit some shag balls at Aberdeen Golf course near Eureka this weekend, and was welcomed by the St Louis Intercollegiant Ladies Golf Classic   -   Ladies from Fonbonne, Maryville, Wash U, McKendree, Lindenwood and others were competing  -  Anyway, saw my favorite Maryville Hoops player- Laura Oetjen - tee it up.  Nice swing!!!!   FC - Fontbonne needs to recruit some golfers - they were hurtin'!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

jdoug2

Sounds like a  good day on the course hopefan. Have no clue about the Fontbonne golfers. About to be too cold up there soon to golf anyway. Right?

Jack I now have the girls schedule. Let me know how I can send it to you.
Go GRIFFINS

jdoug2

Fontbonne now has the schedule on their website. Seems like their season is starting later than in the past. Or maybe I'm just needing a basketball fix.
Go GRIFFINS

y_jack_lok

Thanks jdoug. I've printed out the schedule. That allows me to complete my composite schedule.

With regard to the guard situation at Fontbonne, I don't suppose Amber Karnes would be an option for point guard?? I ecxpect she could handle the position well, but she is a good scorer and plays well underneath, too, so they could lose something putting her at the point.