SLIAC

Started by watchdog, March 08, 2004, 02:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdoug2

Fontbonne getting killed  55- 32. Maryville must salivate every time they see Fontbonne come up on the schedule.
Go GRIFFINS

jdoug2

Maryville wins 86-65. No joy in Mudville.  :(
Go GRIFFINS

y_jack_lok

Congratulations to Maryville on setting the REGULAR SEASON consecutive conference games win streak record. I must point out that the words "regular season" have been left out of most of the publicity here in Saint Louis and other places where I have seen references to this impressive accomplishment. They did lose to Webster in the conference tournament championship game in 2005. However, they have also won four conference tournament games the last two years, which are not counted in the record because they aren't regular season games.

sully309

Congrats to the Maryville Saints on the conference winning streak record. It's not easy to go that long with the bulls eye on your back. Nice picture on the front page too!

NO RESPECT

Congrats to Coach Ellis and his Maryville team. Job well done.
Defense is a full time job, and not a part time practice.

furbug

Quote from: y_jack_lok on February 13, 2008, 11:31:55 PM
I must point out that the words "regular season" have been left out of most of the publicity here in Saint Louis and other places where I have seen references to this impressive accomplishment. They did lose to Webster in the conference tournament championship game in 2005.

Interesting that the D3Hoops article also erroneously calls it the conference winning streak, leaving out the words "regular season". Another interesting fact is that current Maryville player Toni Picerno played on the Webster University team that beat Maryville in the SLIAC championship game in 2005, the last conference game Maryville lost. Kasey Schultz, who played for Maryville last year, and was a key part of the streak, also played on the Webster team that beat them in 2005.

HCACBBALL

We also need to extend a congrats to Gardner from Eureka for scoring her 1,000 point on Wednesday.  Looks like she had a monster second half.

sully309

Quote from: HCACBBALL on February 14, 2008, 09:41:37 PM
We also need to extend a congrats to Gardner from Eureka for scoring her 1,000 point on Wednesday.  Looks like she had a monster second half.

Thanks for mentioning that, HCACBBALL. It's a testament to how dedicated she is to the game. I don't know of too many people that saw her walk through the door as a frosh that thought she would score 100 points, let alone 1,000.  :)

NO RESPECT

Congrats to Meghan Polston, as she moved into the #4 spot on the Blackburn all-time scoring list. By the time she is done, she should be the school all-time leading scorer. Meghan is at 1200 points for her career, and is just shy of 400 points from taking the top spot.

Congrats to Meghan.

y_jack_lok

Nice to see Webster get another conference win. That's been the intriguing thing to me about their season compared to last year. There's a bit more depth this year but only 4 conference wins with just 3 games to go. A couple of the remaining games are winnable and it would be good to at least match least year's conference win total of 6. The 6 non-conference wins are nice, but in-conference record has to be the primary measuring stick right now for a program that is rebuilding. We need teams that can compete with Maryville, and we don't want that to happen by Maryville getting worse. We want it to happen by the rest of the conference getting better.

NO RESPECT

Good luck to all the conference schools down the stretch.

jdoug2

Looks like Blackburn can wrap up the final berth in the playoffs with a couple of wins to finish the season. Whichever teams gets the #4 spot has the honor of playing Maryville first.

For some reason I still think Maryville can be beaten. Not that there is any evidence to my theory. Fontbonne cut way down on their to's in the last game and still lost by 20. Maybe if the rest of the conference could put together an all-star team.  ;D
Go GRIFFINS

NO RESPECT

I just want to say that I think Christina Speer of Principia is the Best player in the SLIAC.

sully309

Quote from: Coach Dubb on February 19, 2008, 11:40:22 PM
I just want to say that I think Christina Speer of Principia is the Best player in the SLIAC.

Coach Dubb, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and your enthusiasm for SLIAC women's basketball is great to have on this board.  But if you would have seen either game between Eureka and Principia this season, you would likely have a different opinion. Speer is an outstanding player and a solid choice for best player in the league, but she was out-played by Nicole Fisher by a wide margin in both match ups. Granted, it's difficult for me to have a truly objective view, but here are the combined stats:

Fisher: 12-26 FG, 33 pts, 32 reb, 5 stl
Speer: 6-16 FG, 14 pts, 12 reb, 6 blk

NO RESPECT

Eureka, you make a great point, as I feel that Speer is 1A and Fisheris 1B. This is not a knock on
Fisher, as she is a monster on the court. The ball has a way of finding herhands on rebounds, and she does a great job of finishing around the bucket. I would say that Fisher plays with a great guard, in Brittany Gardner and Speer does not have the same supporting cast

Again, no disrespect to Fisher, she is off the chains!!!