MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WUPHF

OK, but neither of you had a thought that two Webster players may be trying out for an NBA D-League roster?  I guess tryouts do not mean much.  It is still cool that they are going for it. 

Tryouts are on Saturday by the way.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUPHF on September 13, 2018, 02:36:24 PM
OK, but neither of you had a thought that two Webster players may be trying out for an NBA D-League roster?  I guess tryouts do not mean much.  It is still cool that they are going for it. 

I tried to learn something about the NBA D League. The first thing I learned is that it is now the G (for Gatorade) League: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/06/20/nba-official-d-league-now-gatorade-league/411841001/

WUPHF

+1 Interesting. Whatever makes it a viable league.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUPHF on September 13, 2018, 02:36:24 PM

An article on them chasing the dream: http://websterjournal.com/2018/09/30/opportunity-to-make-nba-inspires-former-gorlok-players/

WUPHF

hopefan

My oh my... how time flies... Practice (Official practice) starts tomorrow..... Coaches... email me with some info.. you should want to have these kids get a little publicity...
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Titan Q

hopefan

Quote from: Titan Q on October 16, 2018, 05:02:15 PM
Illinois Wesleyan's new grad assistant is a recent SLIAC player...

https://www.iwusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=967&path=mbball

Chris Davis.....GOOD kid.. one of the very few SLIAC players that I ever had the opportunity to sit down and have a lengthy conversation with... I really liked the way he played.. he took it to the hole... Best of luck to him!!!

Greek Tragedy

https://principiaathletics.com/roster.aspx?roster=258&path=mbball

I noticed Principia's roster up. Everyone returns except Jacobs and they add 5 freshmen including Parker's brother, Clark Davidson. I'll be keeping a close eye on them this year. I actually had to trade my 3rd rounder for Paulson, who was taken in the 10th!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

The Greenville roster is up and has two critical absences of those expected to return from last year...

Sonti Grady....  13.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg

Vari Bonney...  8.4 ppg,  5.5  rpg

Big hits....

AndOne

Quote from: hopefan on October 14, 2018, 04:47:38 PM
My oh my... how time flies... Practice (Official practice) starts tomorrow..... Coaches... email me with some info.. you should want to have these kids get a little publicity[\b]...

SLIAC coaches actually read D3Hoops?  ???
In the CCIW, a coupe of coaches might read the board at least periodically, and a couple more may have a fairly good understanding of whats being said, but only because they hear it from their players. For a majority, the next time they read D3Hoops will be the first.

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on October 19, 2018, 09:07:34 PM
In the CCIW, a coupe of coaches might read the board at least periodically, and a couple more may have a fairly good understanding of whats being said, but only because they hear it from their players. For a majority, the next time they read D3Hoops will be the first.

I am pretty confident this is not accurate.  It's just what the CCIW coaches say.  I have a lot of examples over many years now of most of the coaches in the CCIW reading the board.

Gregory Sager

Yep, Bob's right about that. The more encounters you have with various CCIW coaches, the more you realize just how many of them read CCIW Chat -- whether they're willing to admit to it publicly or not.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Titan Q on October 19, 2018, 09:49:06 PM
Quote from: AndOne on October 19, 2018, 09:07:34 PM

I am pretty confident this is not accurate.  It's just what the CCIW coaches say.  I have a lot of examples over many years now of most of the coaches in the CCIW reading the board.

Agreed. And it's like that all over the place, not just in the CCIW.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

The University of Kentucky played an exhibition game vs Centre, last year, and I see that they are going up against Transylvania this year....

Regular readers know my next hypothesis... ;D

Kentucky vs Spalding, November 2019?????    ::) ::) ::)