2016 NCAA Tournament

Started by Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan), February 26, 2016, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Is it safe to say Gwynedd Mercy over Marietta was the biggest upset of the opeing weekend?

Not even sure Wooster over Lancaster Bible was an upset, though Lancaster Bible was ranked. St. Olaf, Endicott, Fitchburg and Middlebury beat ranked teams. Only Fitchburg over Plattsburgh may be considered a big upset.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

that was in the running... I think Keene State over Stockton is pretty good as well, but in terms of rankings... GMC over Marietta might take top billing.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Yeah, Stockton was the home favorite against Keene State, who finished 3rd in the LEC. But the NJAC is historically bad in the NCAAs.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

sac

Using KS's RPI the three biggest upsets by RPI position were

#97 Hardin-Simmons over #30 Tex Lutheran
#66 Gwynedd Mercy over #5 Marietta
#80 Keene St over #19 Stockton

augie_superfan

Endicott over Catholic would be #1 by my calculations.

sac

Yes definitely

#130 Endicott over #13 Catholic

Greek Tragedy

Any word on Flannery's injury?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

magicman

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 07, 2016, 06:43:45 PM
Any word on Flannery's injury?

At least we know what Flannery's injury is. We also know that there is a reasonable chance he may play this weekend.

There hasn't been one syllable spoken about Vincent Pace who is the leading scorer for Tufts and only played 15 seconds this past weekend. We don't know whether his injury was an ankle, a knee, a quad or a hamstring. I think Tufts will have their hands full, even at full strength, with a very athletic Johnson & Wales team that I watched play twice this past weekend. Tufts, minus Vincent Pace, could be watching the action on Saturday night, instead of participating in it.   

Smitty Oom

What is the Flannery injury, was it a rolled ankle? Tough to think Babson can get another win without him.

Ralph Turner

augie_superfan

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 09, 2016, 09:48:28 PM
Quote from: augie_superfan on March 09, 2016, 07:44:30 PM
Updated Tourney Odds

http://sites.google.com/site/d3basketballindex/2016-tourney-odds-before-sweet-16
Is there a webpage for the women?

Sorry, I don't follow the women very closely but off the top of my head I'd say 60% Thomas More wins it all

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: augie_superfan on March 09, 2016, 10:58:08 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 09, 2016, 09:48:28 PM
Quote from: augie_superfan on March 09, 2016, 07:44:30 PM
Updated Tourney Odds

http://sites.google.com/site/d3basketballindex/2016-tourney-odds-before-sweet-16
Is there a webpage for the women?

Sorry, I don't follow the women very closely but off the top of my head I'd say 60% Thomas More wins it all

Unless Sydney Moss goes down, make that 90%!  I don't think D3, men or women, has ever had a player THAT dominant.

I'll miss seeing her play, but those of us who root for other teams are grateful that she is finally graduating! ;)

magicman

Quote from: Smitty Oom on March 08, 2016, 10:06:30 PM
What is the Flannery injury, was it a rolled ankle? Tough to think Babson can get another win without him.

Yes, that's what has been reported. But conjecture is that he will play. Just may not be 100%.

gordonmann

(Babson - Flannery) > Cortland?

Cortland played Amherst to a draw so I think Babson could beat Amherst even without Flannery, not that they would be the favorite in LeFrak and not that they wouldn't rather have Flannery.