WBB: USA South Conference

Started by Mike Stanley, March 09, 2004, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrideSportBBallGuy

Congrats to the Pride on getting 16 votes for the top 25.

narch

mu season preview from the fayetteville observer...the monarchs have their top 5 scorers back - should be a fun season

PrideSportBBallGuy

Quote from: PrideSportBBallGuy on October 18, 2006, 02:50:51 PM
I think Methodist can finish as high as 2nd. 

I saw that they had 5 of thier top scorers, which is why I made that prediction.

If CNU would put thier roster up, I will be able to make my preseaon first team all-conference selections like I did last year.

bballno07

I believe that CNU and Gboro will split for first place.  That being said this is my all conf

CNU- Candace Bryant
Gboro- Staci Humphrey, Jamie Motsinger
Ferrum-Aline Alzime
Shenadoah- Alicia Sanders

2nd team
CNU- Nikki Rowland, maybe another player
Methodist- Stacy Williams, Lisa Jackson
Wesleyan- April Wilson

PrideSportBBallGuy

1st team preseason all-conference, not much change from last year.  Would have been up sooner but again CNU roster wasn't up when I wanted to make this list.

G Staci Humphrey
G Nikki Rowland
G Aline Alzime
F Candace Bryant
F (April Wilson or Cassie Womack)...leaning towards Ms Womack.

narch

as we approach thanksgiving, i think it's appropriate to thank all of the usasac student-athletes who participated in the "cans across the conference" event and congratulate cnu on a convincing "victory" - great job everyone

a special congrats to the women's hoops team at mu for winning the campus wide contest!

PrideSportBBallGuy

I wonder if there was a match by another group in this can's across campus.  I know during the Souper Bowl Guilford's cafeteria matched the number of cans the students raised. Either way good job by the students to raise so many cans.

PrideSportBBallGuy

Congrats to Alicia Sanders of SU making the team of the week. That's one week with a USASouth player. I hope we get more weeks like that.

bbald eagle

I saw the Shenendoah game against Mary Washington last night. Shenendoah is much improved. The new coach has them playing well.

Here's the story in the Fredericksburg paper:

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/112006/11282006/240035

bballno07

After a few weeks I believe that the preseason rankings may be a little off.  Shenadoah and Ferrum could do better then expected.  New coach at Shen. looks like he has his girls playing well.  Looks like Greensboro is having a little trouble.  They need more help than just Humphrey and im not sold on the coach.  Averett and Peace look really down.  I dont believe anyone will dominate the conference this year and first place looks like it is up for grabs. 

PrideSportBBallGuy

Congrats to the USASouth this year so far. (As of December 10th)

This point last year we were 26-27 as a conference

This year at this point we are 26-23 as a conference

wincinsider

The new SU coach is doing an outstanding job but it took to long to get the replacement.

PrideFan1986

I tell you this years race it the tightest one that i have seen in the three years that I have been around USA South Sports this is awsome all of the intensity that it brings day in and day out. The Hornets and the Captains come in this weekend and just like i said on the mens side it is going to be big games.

narch

this is a story about monarch stacy williams - her dad is former harlem globetrotter, tracy williams - stacy scored her 1000th career point this past weekend and is averaging 15.9 ppg for the season - enjoy

PrideFan1986

Quote from: narch on January 30, 2007, 09:14:04 PM
this is a story about monarch stacy williams - her dad is former harlem globetrotter, tracy williams - stacy scored her 1000th career point this past weekend and is averaging 15.9 ppg for the season - enjoy

nice article! Congrats to Stacy. Monarchs in action today here in Greensboro