WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calhsu

What a great victory for the cowgirls.   I would think the PLU gym tomorrow night will be  a very small crowd.    Not having a radio broadcast has been tough.

dsc

What an exciting game!  How about those Cowgirls!

76-72 in overtime!  Tough game...in PLU's gym...yet!

Go HSU!!!  Henley had a great game and even fouled out at the end...maybe someone else can step up tomorrow night!

Elite Eight!!!  Third time in 8 years!!!!

So proud of the Cowgirls!!!

And yes, I do agree that RMC will be tougher!!! Don't they have the Josten player of the year?  I could be wrong!

Go  HSU  Cowgirls!
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

dsc

Calhsu,

You can still get the game over the Internet vice radio...check it out on the HSU homepage.  (Two ways to receive it.)

Just in case you didn't know!

calhsu

Yes they have the Josten winner.   I was reading the cowgirl material on the regional teams and they had great back history.  It seems four years ago HSU faced RMC and beat them soundly.  But the Silva girl even as a freshman was their leading scorer.   I hope she is looking for pay back.

calhsu

Sure feel real bad you Texas people having to stay up till Saturday for all this.  I'm just fixing to watch Lettermen.

dsc

It's almost 2 a.m. here on the East Coast...

Good night, all!

inthepaint

It's Saturday morning and I just learned of the victory.  First thing I did after getting up (well, after getting a cup of coffee) was fire up the laptop and check the D3Hoops page for the good news.

I know of only one other year when the Cowgirls made it to the 8 team bracket.  This is wonderful for the school and the conference!  A win today pushes the team farther than any ASC team has ever gone before.  It is a huge statement for the ASC, that a team that was one-and-done in the conference tournament is going this deep in the national scene!  It tells everyone that the ASC is tougher than they would think!

Go Cowgirls!

dsc

HSU in the final 8 is great!

(Note: The announcers stated that this was the third time for HSU to advance to the Elite Eight.)

Very good indeed!  It will be interesting to see how the final "Top Twenty-five" voting goes.  All three ASC "Texas Teams" should be up there...and one can only believe that either of the others could be where HSU is now!

Go ASC!!!

And Good Luck tonight, Cowgirls!  Play tough!

inthepaint

Quote from: dsc on March 11, 2006, 01:14:55 PMIt will be interesting to see how the final "Top Twenty-five" voting goes.  All three ASC "Texas Teams" should be up there...and one can only believe that either of the others could be where HSU is now!

I completely agree!  Either McM or HPU would have represented the ASC well.  We had a strong conference this year and the polls should show it.  The performance of the Cowgirls is the best thing that could happen to the ASC for national recognition.

Ralph Turner

Okay, Paint or Calhsu or dsc or anyone else who has lurked on this board for the past season without contributing,

The HSU server is filled up!  I am unable to get on! :-\

We need someone to post the updated scores!

Thanks! ;)

dballa

HSU 17 RMC 14 9 mins to go in the 1st half.

dballa

HSU 24 RMC 14 7mins to go in the 1st

dballa

HSU 26 RMC 18  5 mins to go

Silva has 13 points for RMC

dballa

HSU 29 RMC 20  3:25 left in the 1st.

dballa

HSU 31 RMC 20 2:51 left in the half