FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesleydad

Quote from: G-manWU on November 04, 2018, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: gordonmann on November 03, 2018, 12:46:46 PM
FDU-Florham and Wilkes both filed for a possible ECAC bid so they could get postseason games too.

How about Miseri, FDU and Wilkes all playing in the postseason?!

My question is this: If Miseri wins this week, any chance they get an at-large NCAA bid? I know strength of schedule would not be as strong as other contenders, but dose anyone think it's possible?

A tough matchup on the cards for the Colonels this week, hoping they can bring the Cup home!

No

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: wesleydad on November 04, 2018, 08:30:12 PM
Quote from: G-manWU on November 04, 2018, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: gordonmann on November 03, 2018, 12:46:46 PM
FDU-Florham and Wilkes both filed for a possible ECAC bid so they could get postseason games too.

How about Miseri, FDU and Wilkes all playing in the postseason?!

My question is this: If Miseri wins this week, any chance they get an at-large NCAA bid? I know strength of schedule would not be as strong as other contenders, but dose anyone think it's possible?

A tough matchup on the cards for the Colonels this week, hoping they can bring the Cup home!

No

It all depends on the RR and based upon the recent podcast, you calls SOS is so far down, it depended on Stevenson and FDU conference positions and Mis receiving the auto. The podcast a couple days back talked about that.

wone3

I doubt Misercordia even makes it up the ladder enough. Stevenson would have had a better chance with its 2 losses to top 25 teams (Frostburg and the likely conference champ Del Val). I wouldn't even want Stevenson to get a C bid after the way they played this past weekend.

I do have a question on the seeding for MAC centennial bowl if Miser loses and Stevenson wins; both would be 7-1 conference and 8-2 overall. They don't face each other and miser didn't play del val. I'm guessing it goes down the line to common opponent best record? I'm only asking for potential road trip following weekend

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: wone3 on November 05, 2018, 11:44:13 AM
I doubt Misercordia even makes it up the ladder enough. Stevenson would have had a better chance with its 2 losses to top 25 teams (Frostburg and the likely conference champ Del Val). I wouldn't even want Stevenson to get a C bid after the way they played this past weekend.

I do have a question on the seeding for MAC centennial bowl if Miser loses and Stevenson wins; both would be 7-1 conference and 8-2 overall. They don't face each other and miser didn't play del val. I'm guessing it goes down the line to common opponent best record? I'm only asking for potential road trip following weekend

True indeed. However, wasn't it Lycoming Senior Day and Lycoming has played admirably all season. I'm pretty sure you are speaking in terms of the 4th quarter, based upon the box.

wone3

Quote from: MANDGSU on November 05, 2018, 11:50:58 AM
Quote from: wone3 on November 05, 2018, 11:44:13 AM

True indeed. However, wasn't it Lycoming Senior Day and Lycoming has played admirably all season. I'm pretty sure you are speaking in terms of the 4th quarter, based upon the box.

Yes it was Senior day and Lyco has been playing pretty well all year, plus yes the 4th quarter meltdown between drives and 7 called penalties for 70 yrds. Stevenson should have lost that game by at least 2-3 touchdowns if the QB had a bit better touch on passes even in the wind. Plus the sloppy penalties on Stevenson certainly didn't help with at least 4 unsportsman penalties that were just plain stupid.

ITH radio

Thinking MIS and STE have the MAC-CC bowl bids locked in, Wilkes is a potential 3rd place team if they can beat Kings. If that happens, I see the Devils going to the ECACs.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

wone3

Quote from: ITH radio on November 05, 2018, 03:25:14 PM
Thinking MIS and STE have the MAC-CC bowl bids locked in, Wilkes is a potential 3rd place team if they can beat Kings. If that happens, I see the Devils going to the ECACs.

They should be locked in but the difference is in the hosting 1 and 3 are at Centenial site and 2 is a MAC site; that's why I'm curious as to who gets seeded where. My kiddo is in Stevenson's marching band and they would probably likely play the game if Stevenson stays the 2 seed.

ITH radio

My step son is in the drum line for his HS also.

Of the three, I'd say MIS has the toughest draw in Wk 11 against a pretty dangerous LYCO team. FDU will challenge SU at home, but I think the Mustangs D will be the difference. Barring Jagger passing for 400+.

LineCat

So Widener (3-4) has been outscored the second half of each and every single game this year except against Albright who is just way down this year. Fact. How does that happen?   
[/quote]

It's a disappointing season for Widener this year at 4-5 now. No playoffs, not even a bowl game out of the three played this year? So I see Widener was outscored again in the second half this week too against FDU, that's a coaching problem. And alternating QBs all game is ridiculous. A win this week against DelVal is always a possibility and would be a positive ending but the coaches need to figure out how to get the team to win a second half. I'm hoping they show up and make it a good game.

ITH radio

Based on who they had coming back, I had them pegged to win the MAC. Sometimes predictions go dead wrong.

tweisman5

Quote from: ITH radio on November 08, 2018, 09:51:49 PM
Based on who they had coming back, I had them pegged to win the MAC. Sometimes predictions go dead wrong.

Same here. I was in the same boat of thought when I was making my preseason picks.
Go Mustangs!

tweisman5

Below are my week 11 predictions and rankings. The spread (-#) is provided by Massey Ratings and the top 25 rankings are from the Hansen Ratings composite. Good luck to everyone this week!

Week 11 Predictions

Albright @ Leb Val (-3.5): Leb Val wins by 7

FDU @ Stevenson (-14.5): Stevenson wins by 10

Del Val (-23.5) @ Widener: Del Val wins by 17

King's @ Wilkes (-1.5): Wilkes wins by 3

Lycoming (-6.5) @ Misericordia: Lycoming wins by 3

Alvernia (-3.5) @ University of New England: UNE wins by 3

Week 11 Rankings
1. Del Val (8-1, 7-0)
2. Stevenson (7-2, 6-1)
3. Misericordia (8-1, 7-0)
4. Wilkes (5-4, 4-3)
5. Lycoming (4-5, 3-4)
6. FDU (6-3, 4-3)
7. Widener (4-5, 4-3)
8. King's (4-5, 3-4)
9. Leb Val (1-8, 1-6) 
10. Albright (0-9, 0-7)
11. Alvernia (1-8, 0-8)

Prediction Record
Last Week: 4-1 (.800)
Season: 43-15 (.741)
Career: 86-33 (.723)
Go Mustangs!

tweisman5

Friday Fact of the Week

Fact:

2018 Projected MAC Postseason Teams (Thru Week 10)

NCAA Tournament
MAC Champ: Del Val

Centennial-MAC Bowl Series
#1 Muhlenburg vs. #1 Misericordia
#2 Franklin and Marshall @ #2 Stevenson
#3 Susquehanna vs. #3 Wilkes

ECAC Bowl
FDU

Reaction:

The postseason opportunities for the MAC look to show promise to gauge legitimacy for a few surprise teams this season. Any semblance of competitive games against quality opponents yield promising results heading into the offseason. I'm intrigued going forward!
Go Mustangs!

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: ITH radio on November 08, 2018, 09:51:49 PM

...................and based on the massive losses that DelVal suffered (9 out of 11 defensive starters and a bunch on offense) from last year, I had them fourth behind Stevenson, Widener and Lycoming. Coach Greco should win Coach of the Year. Mis didn't play DelVal nor Stevenson so the record is a bit deceiving.

Graham8020

Short of an absolute miracle.... The UNDISPUTED MIDDLE ATLANTIC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS ARE THE DELAWARE VALLEY AGGIES!!!