Around the Mid-Atlantic board

Started by Ryan Tipps, May 05, 2009, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

Congrats on baby 1. I know how you feel as I won't be going anywhere since Babies 2 AND 3 are due a week or two after. I keep telling my wife about our poor planning! Fortunately she has given me leave, provided the babies don't come, to at least go see the College Cup here in Birmingham early in Dec since I won't have to go far.

Ryan Tipps

Thanks, jknezek! Congrats to you as well. I know what you mean about getting permission from the wife. My alma mater's rivalry game with DePauw is in about three weeks, and I had to get a special blessing from my better half to go to that! Haven't missed it since '96, so I got approval :)
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

@d3jason

Ryan, I sent you a a FB message and emailed you. Please contact me this evening. Thanks--Jason

K-Mack

Quote from: wesleydad on October 19, 2011, 07:52:52 PM
Ryan, always good to read your articles and this weeks is timely for me.  I am traveling to Gettysburg to see the game this week between Johns Hopkins and Gettysburg.  Still remember meeting you there a couple of years ago.  Hopefully I will get to see you again this year at the Stagg Bowl.

We might as well just give you a column, you've seen more games this year than I have I think.

I will probably see you this week though ... just a guess.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

@d3jason

Don't tempt him, he's just there for the tailgate and the craft brews... ;D

I would like to read a Wesleydad travel log.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wesleydad

wesleydad travel log by request
week 1 St. vincent @ Bridgewater, great way to start off the year with my stone station friends
week 2 Wesley @ Kean, great facilities, bad loss for the wolverines
week 3 Leb Val @ Del Val, nice to see gordon, del val will be good, young, oops already are good
week 4 Cortland @ Rowan, saw keith and his daughter, cant believe that rowan has a shot at winning the njac
week 5 Pa Ren Faire with wife and friends, have to do the family thing occasionally
week 6 Frostburg @ Wesley, homecoming a lot of fun with some of jason's teammates
week 7 Connecticut for my son's wedding, the family thing again, great time
week 8 Johns Hopkins @ Gettysburg, left at half, game no contest and toured the battlefield with wife and friend, do the family thing and still get in a game, well half a game
week 9 Salisbury @ Wesley, makings of a great game, wesley post season on the line
week 10 St. John Fisher @ Salisbury, need to see fisher to see what the e8 talk is about
week 11 Kean @ Montclaire or Widener @ Del Val or Huntington @ Wesley, will decide which game means more, would like to go to Montclaire since i have never been there
week 12 hope for game in dover, will be somewhere
week 13 same as above
week 14 travel to closest game, will be somewhere
week 15 possible trip to mount if they are in semis and wesley is not or maybe for rematch
week 16 stagg bowl with stone station

think i have the weeks right after the season ends.  you watch your son play for 4 years and travel all over the place and you find something that you like.  had 2 choices when he was done playing, stop going to games or keep going to games.  not much for sitting around so the first choice was not an option.  nice to have an understanding wife who is sometimes glad that i am not sitting around the house bored and annoying her.  and yes conrad, a fan of the tailgate and microbrews, doing the both at the same time is priceless.

Ryan Tipps

D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: wesleydad on October 26, 2011, 10:03:34 PM
week 1 St. vincent @ Bridgewater, great way to start off the year with my stone station friends
week 3 Leb Val @ Del Val, nice to see gordon, del val will be good, young, oops already are good
week 4 Cortland @ Rowan, saw keith and his daughter, cant believe that rowan has a shot at winning the njac
week 5 Pa Ren Faire with wife and friends, have to do the family thing occasionally
week 6 Frostburg @ Wesley, homecoming a lot of fun with some of jason's teammates
week 8 Johns Hopkins @ Gettysburg, left at half, game no contest and toured the battlefield with wife and friend, do the family thing and still get in a game, well half a game
week 9 Salisbury @ Wesley, makings of a great game, wesley post season on the line
week 10 St. John Fisher @ Salisbury, need to see fisher to see what the e8 talk is about
week 11 Kean @ Montclaire or Widener @ Del Val or Huntington @ Wesley, will decide which game means more, would like to go to Montclaire since i have never been there
week 13 same as above
week 15 possible trip to mount if they are in semis and wesley is not or maybe for rematch

think i have the weeks right after the season ends.  you watch your son play for 4 years and travel all over the place and you find something that you like.  had 2 choices when he was done playing, stop going to games or keep going to games.  not much for sitting around so the first choice was not an option.  nice to have an understanding wife who is sometimes glad that i am not sitting around the house bored and annoying her.  and yes conrad, a fan of the tailgate and microbrews, doing the both at the same time is priceless.

Fantastic list. Might even beat mine.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

K-Mack

Since you mentioned my daughter ... the funny part at Wesley-Salisbury was that she recognized WesleyDad.

"Hey, I remember you from the other game!"

And then she began to use that poor man's legs as a good place for hide and seek while Wesley was driving down the field.

She is 5.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Captain Bob

Column on CNU this week was superb; awesome job.

muledaddy

Just sittin', wishin' and hopin' Mules catch a post season ECAC game....ain't like it used to be....runnin' the table and gettin' our brains beat in the ditch at Dover....where a little breeze means steady 25mph, with 35 gusts...

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: Captain Bob on November 09, 2011, 04:10:24 PM
Column on CNU this week was superb; awesome job.

Just getting caught up on life and everything else after a few days out of town. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

Quote from: muledaddy on November 11, 2011, 06:59:32 PM
Just sittin', wishin' and hopin' Mules catch a post season ECAC game....ain't like it used to be....runnin' the table and gettin' our brains beat in the ditch at Dover....where a little breeze means steady 25mph, with 35 gusts...

Was a little surprised that the Mules didn't get to go to an ECAC game! Pat McDonough is the subject of my column this week, and I honestly though when I talked with him that he was going to have one more game to play after Moravian.

wesleydad

decided to tally up my miles driven to see d3 football this year.  longest drive to bridgewater, 266 one way and the shortest drive to rowan, only 27.  i added the 2 games that i am sure to see, this week in dover and the championship game in salem, which will be the longest drive of the year.  i will have driven a minimum of 2726 miles this season.  i expect another game in dover, after that who knows, but i expect to go well over 3000.  as they say it has been a fun ride. :D

wesleydad

Quote from: wesleydad on October 26, 2011, 10:03:34 PM
week 13 same as above

Well, to update the travel log.  Got the 2 home games in Dover which was great.  Unfortunatly there is no game near enough for driving this week.  I could go to Alliance, but next week could well be a rematch with Mount, so I will hold off.  I will be going anyway, as I also like UMHB and would be fine watching them try to beat Mount if they take out Wesley this week.