FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzJohnnie

I suspect none of you care what I think (and I only showed up after someone told me of the entertaining slap flight on the OAC board) but I think you all take way too much liberty in ignorantly gossiping about someone else's personal troubles just to satisfy your own sense of bravado.

If any of you had half the courage you pretend to have with all your keyboard warriorism then you would apologize to him both personally and publicly.  Every one of you.
[  

Frank Rossi

You're right.  So here it goes:

I'm sorry, Merle, for picking on your early bedtime and cramped basement quarters.  I will do better.

merlecanlas

Quote from: Frank Rossi on April 12, 2018, 05:06:44 PM
You're right.  So here it goes:

I'm sorry, Merle, for picking on your early bedtime and cramped basement quarters.  I will do better.

haha.. my dad is coming to beat up your dad

HScoach

Merle, I'm sorry you're a pompous ass that makes all things Mount look bad.

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on April 11, 2018, 11:44:51 PM
Frank,

If you have paid attention to this board for the last umpteen years, you wouldn't have to ask the validity or bonafides of my source of informaton.  It's not what it used to be (times change and life gets in the way of a lot of fun D-III board play), but it really isn't a question for people that know me, and that includes a few of your colleagues on the site. 

As to our friend at the Alliance Review, I will give that man props for being "all Mount all the time".  He covers Mount WBB, Mount WVB, Mount M/W indoor track, and all other things related to UMU sports.  A man's gotta eat, and in my opinion (and I don't know him personally at all) he is reporting in the most positive spin way when it comes to UMU sports.  You realize it's Alliance, OH right?

At this point I will sit back and let the "Frank & Merle" show continue, and appreciate the fun folly that is this D-III board.  Pat!  Thanks for many years of fun, amusement, and for giving me my own little escape.

Yippee!!!   ;D

+1000

BrowardRaider

Quote from: Frank Rossi on April 12, 2018, 03:27:17 PM
Michael Dutko is his attorney, as I stated last night.

Thank you for the update, Mr. Dutko is a big time defense attorney in Fort Lauderdale. His law partner, David Bogenschutz is an Ohio native and the firm has represented a number of very high profile athletes, politicians, etc.

HScoach

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

theaprof

Frank and Merle-

Please stop pissing on each other's legs.  It's not fun for anyone but you.  This forum is starting to stink.  Take your personal crap to the PMs.  Neither of you are intimate with Mr. Fulford and neither of you really know his inspirations or motivations.

Personally, I am very disturbed by all the stuff that Mr. Fulford is going through--and I thought he should be benched once the situation became public.  I hope it comes to nothing, but if there is substance there then I hope that the system will be fair (although I am not sure it will be) and any punishment will be appropriate. Suppositions about that of which we, personaly, know little do no one any good. That being said, I think (notice I said think, because I really don't know--wow, i guess I am making a supposition here myself) Mr. Rossi has a little more insight into the legal situation than you do, Merle.

Merle--your responses and accusations regarding Frank's opinions remind me of the rants of a current White House's resident whose main aim seems not to prove a real point, but rather to besmirch the individual with whom they disagree.  Please stop now.  Please grow up.

I usually enjoy this forum--and the friendly banter that occurs, but I get tired, very quickly, of personal attacks and the lack of tolerance of opposing opinions.  There was a time when civil discourse was the rule of the land, but lately it seems like too many people are more interested in proving that their d!cks are bigger than someone else's than being willing to have civil disagreement.

Let us discuss serious topics in a serious way.  And let's have friendly bickering about things like who's the "best ever ***** at Mount Union (or anywhere else for that matter)"

In short--I THINK MOST OF YOU ARE NOT IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ANY MORE, SO PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE.  I am very tired of the crap that has been on this board lately.

With love and respect to all my "little internet friends"-

Theaprof
Reloading--Again, and again, and again....

merlecanlas

Quote from: theaprof on April 13, 2018, 03:55:42 PM
Frank and Merle-

Please stop pissing on each other's legs.  It's not fun for anyone but you.  This forum is starting to stink.  Take your personal crap to the PMs.  Neither of you are intimate with Mr. Fulford and neither of you really know his inspirations or motivations.

Personally, I am very disturbed by all the stuff that Mr. Fulford is going through--and I thought he should be benched once the situation became public.  I hope it comes to nothing, but if there is substance there then I hope that the system will be fair (although I am not sure it will be) and any punishment will be appropriate. Suppositions about that of which we, personaly, know little do no one any good. That being said, I think (notice I said think, because I really don't know--wow, i guess I am making a supposition here myself) Mr. Rossi has a little more insight into the legal situation than you do, Merle.

Merle--your responses and accusations regarding Frank's opinions remind me of the rants of a current White House's resident whose main aim seems not to prove a real point, but rather to besmirch the individual with whom they disagree.  Please stop now.  Please grow up.

I usually enjoy this forum--and the friendly banter that occurs, but I get tired, very quickly, of personal attacks and the lack of tolerance of opposing opinions.  There was a time when civil discourse was the rule of the land, but lately it seems like too many people are more interested in proving that their d!cks are bigger than someone else's than being willing to have civil disagreement.

Let us discuss serious topics in a serious way.  And let's have friendly bickering about things like who's the "best ever ***** at Mount Union (or anywhere else for that matter)"

In short--I THINK MOST OF YOU ARE NOT IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ANY MORE, SO PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE.  I am very tired of the crap that has been on this board lately.

With love and respect to all my "little internet friends"-

Theaprof

I never brought up politics, nor do I think that they have any correlation to this topic. When did I attack Frank? The idea that I "bullied" Frank, is frankly a little offensive.  I stood up for a student athlete that was getting "attacked" and asked for sources for that "attack" but never received any.

I'll quote the original post.

Quote from: Frank Rossi on April 10, 2018, 03:45:45 PM
It's always interesting to hear people pontificate on a subject about which they frankly just lack information.  Honestly, we don't know why Fulford got the start over Poorman in Week 1 of 2017.  One potential reason is that Poorman was viewed by VK as LK's QB, and VK viewed Fulford as his guy.  As a coach becomes deeper in their tenure, they often want their own fingerprints on a program more and more.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that — and when you're Mount Union, you can view your options as 1A, 1B, and 1C because of the quality of guys you bring in by being Mount Union.  So, even if Poorman outplayed Fulford in 2017 camp by a small amount, VK might have felt starting Fulford was the better idea from a loyalty/control approach.  Hence why I say we just don't know.

If I'm a Mount Union fan, I stop worrying so much about the past and begin to think about the future.  I think Poorman's presence made Fulford a better quarterback.  He had someone always breathing down his neck if he "dropped the ball" at any point.  I think watching Fulford's behavior (and actions associated with it) over the past six months, I learn a lot about his drive and motivation when he thinks folks aren't looking or watching.  When everyone was watching Warrantpalooza '17, he finally showed up in the respective courts, paid his fines from old actions and recent actions, and took it a lot more seriously.  Without Poorman or Davis there now, he knows the top spot is his (assuming Florida ends up becoming a non-event eventually) — and we'll see if he can handle that fact with a better level of maturity that self-motivates him.  But as a Mount Union coach, I watch early on and make sure I light a fire under him if he misses court... I mean, practice, when things get going again in the summer.

The first part is an accusation that VK started Fulford because he didn't want to start "his dad's QB."   ::) right

The second part is an assertion that Fulford is immature and doesn't possess a high level of drive and motivation.  Despite not talking to the kid for another three days. I asked for sources and/or proof but nothing

Then:

Quote from: Frank Rossi on April 12, 2018, 12:35:45 AM
In what I can only term as one of the most surreal moments in my 23 years of football coverage, I received a request to have a discussion from D'Angelo Fulford earlier tonight via Twitter.  Apparently, someone had sent him screenshots of some of the comments on social media/message boards, especially mine, from the past couple days.  He wanted to set the record straight about some stuff because he felt that as an attorney, my word carried more clout than most people who post — and some of my words didn't feel right or justified to him.   However, he wanted to have a man-to-man talk about some of the things stated, and I felt I owed him that much at the very least as just a D3 fan and human being.  By the end of the conversation, I realized there were some things we talked about that I needed to clarify concerning past statements made over the past five months — not just the last two days.  He was okay with me sharing some level of what we discussed.

First, he stated up front that he was most irritated by insinuations concerning his drive and motivation in the past and in the future. 

Speaking of middle school, Frank literally responded "Gurlbye" and then said that I live in my parent's basement, but I'll grow up.  I feel that my "responses and accusations" were pretty much right on. 

Can we move on to 2018 now?

Frank Rossi

theaprof

I'm not biting, Merle.

Both of you--GROW UP.  Let it go. Be the men I am sure you want us all to see you as.

Frank--your graphic doesn't help--as far as I am concerned you are both beating dead horses just to show how big your dick is.

Be civil, be adult--move on. BOTH OF YOU.

With honest respect to both of you-

Theaprof.

theaprof

Pat-  Maybe they both need to be put in time out.  Let them go sit in the corner for a while like the juveniles their behavior seems to indicate they are.

MUC57

theaprof

You get my vote for the best commentary on Merle vs Frank. I hope they listen to you!
In the meantime, Go Raiders! ☠🇷🇴
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

emma17

Theaprof
Although I understand and agree with your intention to bring civil discourse to this board, the reference in your post to the rants coming from the White House are no different than what you're hoping to change between Merle and Frank.
You want to change the way the President acts/speaks because it doesn't fit in your "box". 
Merle's posts don't often fit in my box and certainly not in HScoache's and others, but the reality is he understands the game, often researches his points and stands for something.
He's Merle, and I for one am thankful for his participation on the boards.

Frank Rossi

Theaprof -

With all due respect, the only person perhaps I owed any explanation to during the last months wasn't Merle, wasn't you... It was D'Angelo.  And I didn't hesitate to have that conversation when it was requested.  His stories about preseason 2017 and where he derived his "drive and motivation" didn't fully match any story on here, and things I felt needed to be said on here were stated.  Since that conversation, I reported it, clarified the legal situation, and joked around more than anything with Merle after telling him Fulford wasn't appreciating the igniting Merle was doing related to him.  Remember something -- Merle's use of "sloppy seconds" for Poorman was as ridiculous as it gets, and it was my last straw with him that led to a lot of my venom.  I will not apologize for bullying the bully.  And his attempt to play victim constantly since I gave him a taste of his own medicine is telling.

At the very least, I got a chance to speak with D'Angelo to set both of our records straight -- he seems like a good guy who I look forward to speaking with more in the future when he is able to.