FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Fox

Quote from: Titan Q on July 02, 2020, 02:02:06 PM
Quote from: Shamrock on July 02, 2020, 01:55:18 PM
TQ, to the extent that they are able, I think that a lot of schools that make the decision to compete this fall are going to revise their schedules to eliminate games that require extended travel.

I agree.  I especially can't see overnight/hotel type trips happening.
SCIAC school are all within three hours of one another.
Fierce When Roused

Titan Q

Later this week we should get announcements from the CCIW and WIAC regarding Fall sports.

formerd3db

Quote from: Titan Q on July 05, 2020, 08:59:30 PM
Later this week we should get announcements from the CCIW and WIAC regarding Fall sports.

The MIAA will be doing the same.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Titan Q

Quote from: formerd3db on July 05, 2020, 09:39:28 PM

MIAA has already said they are planning for Fall sports...

https://www.miaa.org/miaaheadlines/MIAA_Preparing_For_Fall_Competition

formerd3db

Quote from: Titan Q on July 05, 2020, 09:41:29 PM

They have not specified exactly how the fall sports seasons will be conducted (startiing date of actual games, planned schedule of gradual weekly progression of safety protocols, etc.,which was what I was referring to . Those aspects were only decided last week at the official follow-up meeting.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

robertgoulet

NCC week 1 matchup with Christopher Newport has been cancelled.
You win! You always do!

Pat Coleman

I suspect nobody will be getting into a plane to play a Division III athletic contest until we're down to the final 4-8 teams.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Augie6

For those who haven't heard this, Coach Bob Reade passed away yesterday at the age of 87.  I had the honor of playing for Coach Reade during my time at Augie and, through his philosophy on coaching and life, he was able to have a positive influence on the lives of so many young men during his time coaching at Geneseo High School and at Augustana.  As I have often said, I learned as much on the football field as I did in the classroom during my time at Augie and that was due to Coach Reade and his fantastic coaching staff.  We didn't have a lot of "rules" as a part of the football program under Coach Reade, but he expected two things of all of his players that were emphasized at all times.  They were "Obey the Law and be a Gentleman".  It was a simple philosophy, but something I think we could all understand and abide by (and for the most part, we did).  He will be missed.  My thoughts and prayers are with the Reade Family.  Rest in Peace, Coach. 
Augie Football:  CCIW Champions:  1949-66-68-75-81-82-83-84-85-86-87-88-90-91-93-94-97-99-01-05-06     NCAA Champions:  1983-84-85-86

Titan Q

Quote from: Augie6 on July 06, 2020, 12:11:57 PM
For those who haven't heard this, Coach Bob Reade passed away yesterday at the age of 87.  I had the honor of playing for Coach Reade during my time at Augie and, through his philosophy on coaching and life, he was able to have a positive influence on the lives of so many young men during his time coaching at Geneseo High School and at Augustana.  As I have often said, I learned as much on the football field as I did in the classroom during my time at Augie and that was due to Coach Reade and his fantastic coaching staff.  We didn't have a lot of "rules" as a part of the football program under Coach Reade, but he expected two things of all of his players that were emphasized at all times.  They were "Obey the Law and be a Gentleman".  It was a simple philosophy, but something I think we could all understand and abide by (and for the most part, we did).  He will be missed.  My thoughts and prayers are with the Reade Family.  Rest in Peace, Coach.

What a legend.

Rest in peace, Coach Reade.

MUC57

Quote from: Augie6 on July 06, 2020, 12:11:57 PM

I think everyone who follows Dlll football knows the name - Bob Reade. Four National Championships in a row. WOW! That's a record that may never (will probably never) be matched.
Rest in eternal peace, Coach Reade! ✝
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Titan Q

Quote from: formerd3db on July 05, 2020, 11:30:46 PM

They have not specified exactly how the fall sports seasons will be conducted (startiing date of actual games, planned schedule of gradual weekly progression of safety protocols, etc.,which was what I was referring to . Those aspects were only decided last week at the official follow-up meeting.

https://www.miaa.org/general/2019-20/releases/MIAA_Fall_2020_Schedules_Announced

formerd3db

Quote from: Titan Q on July 06, 2020, 08:36:04 PM
Quote from: formerd3db on July 05, 2020, 11:30:46 PM

https://www.miaa.org/general/2019-20/releases/MIAA_Fall_2020_Schedules_Announced

Titan Q:

Thank you for posting that for us/everyone here. I told you those specifics were coming/going to be officially announced soon!😉 (I knew that over the weekend.) Anyway, there still appears to be some potential option for change, to be determined by the individual schools at their discretion. I susoect that was agreed to by the Council to appease one of/some of the school(s) that were pushing strongly (shall we say adamantly pushing🙂) for playing a full schedule, and a compromise was agreed on). Still, we all realize even this full revised schedule could completely change at any time depending on circumstances as those occur.

I also think it will be a very strange feeling to be playing a team twice in the season, even though one of those games do not count in the "league" standings. This will especially be tough (and challenging), IMO, for us since we "drew" Albion twice!😳😬😯🙂 Just kidding (sort of!) as it appears everyone plays two teams twice (except Finlandia and Kalamazoo so far.)😉😉

Titan Q

USee

The Ivy League is set to announce tomorrow there will be no fall sports. 3 of the schools have already said only freshman and juniors will attend in fall and soph and seniors in spring.  That likely means no sports all year.  It's and interesting precedent they are settting. 

Gregory Sager

Quote from: USee on July 07, 2020, 11:01:01 PM
The Ivy League is set to announce tomorrow there will be no fall sports. 3 of the schools have already said only freshman and juniors will attend in fall and soph and seniors in spring.  That likely means no sports all year.  It's and interesting precedent they are settting.

It's very much in keeping with what we've seen in D3 thus far, in that the vast majority of the schools that have canceled fall sports in our division of the NCAA have been well-heeled institutions in the Northeast that have the deep pockets which make athletics a strictly optional campus-life function rather than a key aspect of admissions and operating budget.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell