FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamski

Hope he works out for you guys.  It is good to get a young coach that can stick with the program for a while!

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

MRMIKESMITH

Division III Football is going to be represented at tonight's Super Bowl with Dan Quinn helming from Salisbury and Bill Belichick helming from Wesleyan. Obvioudly I'll be rooting for the Gulls, but just excited to see DIII represented by two great coaches.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: MANDGSU on February 05, 2017, 05:11:30 PM
Division III Football is going to be represented at tonight's Super Bowl with Dan Quinn helming from Salisbury and Bill Belichick helming from Wesleyan. Obvioudly I'll be rooting for the Gulls, but just excited to see DIII represented by two great coaches.

I am think Dan should of took a page out of Salisbury playbook in the 4th ;). It was a good game to watch two good coaches and witness greatness. NE did not disappoint the NE area. It felt like it was us against the world.

thewaterboy

Per Wesley Football's Twitter: All East Region WR James Okike has returned!

https://twitter.com/_thedub_/status/841059244636004352

Teamski

Quote from: thewaterboy on March 12, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
Per Wesley Football's Twitter: All East Region WR James Okike has returned!

https://twitter.com/_thedub_/status/841059244636004352

Ah yes!  it's official!  Great to have him back!!!

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

rams1102

Any idea of what to expect from Montclair? We're due for a good season one of these years.  ;D
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

D3viewer

I took a quick look at Montclair's stats, couldn't believe how unbalanced they are.  16th in the nation in total defense last season, but 230 out 244  in total offense. 119 yards passing a game ? I know they've always had a good defense and struggled recently on offense but this must be as bad as it's been. It must be toxic in the locker room and coaches office when one side of the ball is so good and one sucks ass so much. I see O Conner is gone as OC and they brought in someone else last season, but holy cow the offense struggled.
I fail to see how they can't recruit some decent talent, they used to have good QBs, RBs and a big OL. That whole North Jersey area is rich in talent. Their admission standards can't be that tough.
Head scratching.

HansenRatings

Decided I'm going to spam every conference board with my preseason (non-returning-starter-adjusted) projections.

Team   Rating   Overall   Conference
Wesley      0.9818   9.2-0.8   8.5-0.5
Salisbury   0.9336   8.0-2.0   7.3-1.7
Frostburg   0.8183   6.5-3.5   5.9-3.1
CNU      0.7414   6.0-4.0   5.2-3.8
Rowan      0.7077   5.5-4.5   4.9-4.1
Kean      0.6936   5.3-4.7   4.8-4.2
Montclair   0.5529   4.2-5.8   3.8-5.2
TCNJ      0.3181   3.3-6.7   2.4-6.6
Hon. Willy   0.1790   1.4-8.6   1.3-7.7
SVU      0.1163   0.8-8.2   0.8-8.2

Wesley & Salisbury are #12 & #18 in the country right now, so that should be an interesting race to watch (and could be made more interesting if Wesley struggles early again). Seems like #'s 2-5 could really go in any order you want at this point. They probably won't be in the same order after adjusting for returning starters.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

rams1102

Wow, this is getting scary after reading D3viewer and looking at the Hansen post. I have been following Montclair since 2001. The best QB I saw was Di Geralamo, but too many off field problems destroyed him. As always good D, good running backs and a good O line. The past few years there was never consistency with the O line. Some talent but not enough. The offense under O'Conner was always predictable. I looked for a change last year and it did not happen with the new O Coach. I think recruiting has fallen off for a while and I hate to say this, but is it now time for a change at the top? Coach "G" is legendary but may be time for new blood. I think that Montclair has lost it's MOJO. I sure hope that I am wrong.
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

jknezek

If the NJAC schools didn't get the message last year that things need to change, when 4 of their 5 imports sat on top of the conference, maybe they'll get it this year if it happens again. I grew up in NJ and more than a few of my h.s. friends went on to play at NJAC schools in the buried past. I'd like to see those schools matter again in football.

d3fan142511

Pre Summer Rankings:

1. Wesley
2. Frostburg
3. CNU
4. Sailsbury
5. Rowan
6. Kean
7. Montclair
8. Willy P
9. TCNJ
10. South V

CNU85

This will be an interesting year for CNU. We've only had a "new coach" once before.  I truly do not know enough nor have I heard enough to be either optimistic or worried.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3viewer

Interesting choice for TCNJ.  They chose to go with a defensive minded coach in Goff (who also served as Defiance's def coord as well as being HC). Rocky Hager (last year's interim coach) and top full time asst at TCNJ for the last 4 years is their Def Coord. So your 2 top coaches are both DC's. Looks like TCNJ will need to invest in some offensive minded coaches, OC and a good OL coach. The staff already is a bit unbalanced. They had the 2nd worst offense in the country last season...233/244. Can't imagine the new coach will keep the previous OC of that jauggernaut.