2018 NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Started by blooter442, November 05, 2018, 03:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchers on the ball

I'll take the late entry penalty on Calvin and Platteville... :P

32 - Chi, Carleton, Trinity, MHB, Knox, Gus, Tommies, Aug, Case, Capital, Kenyon, CM, Calvin, Platteville, John Carroll, Lyco, Tufts, Stevens, Amherst, St. Joe's, Conn, Springfield, Montclair, NYU, Messiah, Hopkins, Cortland, Williams, Rochester, SLU, F&M, Eastern

16 - Chicago, Trinity, Knox, Tommies, Case, Kenyon, Calvin, Lyco, Tufts, St. Joe's, Conn, Montclair, Messiah, Cortland, SLU, Eastern

8 - Chicago, St. Thomas, Kenyon, Calvin, Tufts, Montclair, Messiah, SLU

4 - Chi, Kenyon, Tufts, Messiah

Chicago vs. Messiah
Messiah 1-0 (West)

D3soccerwatcher

ROUND OF 32 (1 pt for each correct)
Chicago, Carleton, Trinity, M-H Baylor, Luther, Gust Adolphus, ST Thomas, Wis-Superior, CWRU, Capital, Kenyon, CMU, Calvin, Platteville, John Carroll, Penn St Behrend,
Tufts, Gordon, Amherst, St Joe, Conn, Ramapo, Colby, Haverford, Messiah, Hopkins, Cortland, E-Town, Rochester, SLU, F&M, Eastern

ROUND OF 16 (2 pts for each correct)
Chicago, Trinity, Luther, Wis-Superior, CWRU, Kenyon, Calvin, John Carroll,
Tufts, St Joe, Con, Haverford, Messiah, Cortland, SLU, Eastern

ELITE 8 (4 pts for each correct)
Chicago, Wis-Superior, Kenyon, Calvin, Tufts, Haverford, Messiah, Eastern

FINAL FOUR (8 pts for each correct)
Chicago, Calvin, Tufts, Messiah

FINAL (16 pts for Finalists, 32 pts for Champion)
Messiah Over Calvin

Goals scored in Final:  3

Ejay

I'm looking at:
24/30 in Round 1 = 24 pts (26 if you count Chicago and Tufts with byes)
13/16 in Round 2 = 26 pts (only blemishes were St. Joes, Connecticut, Mary Washington)
Total thus far = 50 points

blooter442

Yes EB's got 50 pts. I did a quick look at mine and got 49. I'll try to get unofficial 1st/2nd Round totals for the rest before Friday.

Mr.Right

Friday????     Why even do a bracket challenge....You know Bloots get back to us in March with the results or you could pull a Lastguy and take over all this responsibility and redo the EPL challenge with betting lines and everything and after the 3rd week it turned into a sh*t show..By the 4th week the whole thing dissipated.....OffPitch has to be the most reliable at this kind of stuff....+k Bloots for the effort even if you bit off more than you could chew.....

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 12, 2018, 10:09:48 PM
Friday????     Why even do a bracket challenge....You know Bloots get back to us in March with the results or you could pull a Lastguy and take over all this responsibility and redo the EPL challenge with betting lines and everything and after the 3rd week it turned into a sh*t show..By the 4th week the whole thing dissipated.....OffPitch has to be the most reliable at this kind of stuff....+k Bloots for the effort even if you bit off more than you could chew.....

Lol underpromise over deliver...I'll do them tomorrow.

Ejay

Quote from: blooter442 on November 12, 2018, 10:19:19 PM
Lol underpromise over deliver...I'll do them tomorrow.

Screw that.  Everyone can do their own. It's not rocket surgery.  :-)

lastguyoffthebench

Lastguy
48 pts
7 of 8 Elite 8 remain

d3soccerwatcher
45 pts (-1 for UW-Platteville, late entry).  No deduction for Calvin.
6 of 8 Elite 8 remain

watchers on the ball
46 pts (-1 for UW-Platteville, late entry).  No deduction for Calvin.
7 of 8 Elite 8 remain

Someone else pay it forward and calculate 2 others haha.

TyWebb

I need clarification on my scoring. I did not include Chicago & Tufts on my round of 32 picks because they were not playing.
I did have them advancing in the round of 16, so I hope I can count them as correct for the round of 32. I just wanted full disclosure before I tally mine. Thanks!

TyWebb

Quote from: TyWebb on November 08, 2018, 08:01:23 PM
Hmmm...???

ROUND OF 32 (1 pt for each correct)
Carleton,Trinity-TX,MHB,Luther,Gust.Aldophus,St.Thomas,Augsberg,CWR,Capital,Kenyon,CMU,Calvin,Carthage,John Carroll,Lycoming,Stevens,Amhurst,St.Joe's,Conn Coll, Springfield,MSU,Fords,Messiah,JHU,Cortland,Williams,Rochester,SLU,F&M,Eastern

ROUND OF 16 (2 pts for each correct)
Chicago,Trinity-TX,Luther,St.Thomas,CWR,Kenyon,Calvin,Lycoming,Tufts,St.Joes,Conn Coll,Fords,Messiah,Cortland,SLU,F&M

ELITE 8 (4 pts for each correct)
Trinity-TX,Luther,Kenyon,Calvin,Tufts,Fords,Messiah,F&M

FINAL FOUR (8 pts for each correct)
Trinity-TX,Calvin,Fords,Messiah

FINAL (16 pts for Finalists, 32 pts for Champion)
Messiah over Calvin
Goals scored in Final:  3

I need clarification on my scoring. I did not include Chicago & Tufts on my round of 32 picks because they were not playing.
I did have them advancing in the round of 16, so I hope I can count them as correct for the round of 32. I just wanted full disclosure before I tally mine. Thanks!

blooter442

Alright, here's the preliminary totals to date (1st and 2nd Rounds):

Note that the only rankings that matter are the ones after the championship. ;) And in the Bloots vs. Pelinho tiebreaker, West currently leads 2-0.

Ty: I included Chicago and Tufts for you in your score. Everyone gets a free pass with those.

With that:

Lord 56
EB 50
Soccerisasport, 2LeftFeet 49
Golden, Lastguy 48
Bloots, Buck, Letthekidsplay, Pelinho 47
Cardinal, Happy Gilmore 46
Ball, D3soccerwatcher, Swibbles 45
MAF, Ty 44
Casual, Saint 41

and bringing up the rear, the one who wanted the tabulations done quickly... ;)

Mr.Right 35

TyWebb

Bloots, Thanks for the credit on the bye teams and doing all the tallying on these.

Saint of Old

Quote from: Saint of Old on November 09, 2018, 01:28:26 PM
Chicago, Carleton, Trinity, Southwestern, Luther, Dominican,St.Thomas,Augsburg,CWRU,Capitol,Kenyon,Centre,Calvin,Carthage,John Carrol,Lyco, Tufts,Stevens,Amherst,Middlebury,Conn,Ramapo,Montclair,Fords,Messiah,W+L,Cortland,Williams,Rochester,SLU,W. Conn, Eastern
Stevens,Middlebury,Conn,Fords,Messiah,Cortland,SLU,Eastern,Chicago,Trinity,Luther,Dt. Thomas,CWRU,Kenyon,Calvin,Lyco
Chicago,Luther,CWRU,Calvin, Stevens,Fords,Cortland, SLU
Chicago
Calvin
Stevens
SLU
Final
Chicago v. SLU
Went with my heart!!!

D3Grad

I think I did my math right.  47 points. 

blooter442

Quote from: D3Grad on November 13, 2018, 01:08:40 PM
I think I did my math right.  47 points.

D'oh — no idea how you got left out — I was writing down all the tabulations on paper and using shorthand. Yes, 47 points.