BB: SKY: Skyline Conference

Started by d3baseball, February 13, 2006, 09:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYBB

just telling you again.  never hurts to remind someone.

As for Polytech, they're in trouble.  Their coach ditched and i feel bad for that program...

MMTPdthree

Come on man - purchase had a rough go around with a first year program in their first day on the field.  Face it - they are not going to be as dominant as you think they are. 

Can we please speak about some of the premier teams of the conference or contribute to some topics?

now - to change the subject ... best freshman class ??? ???

NYBB

Did i ever say Purchase was going to be DOMINANT?  No.  I said they're going to be good.

Farmingdale, MSV & St. Joe's will be the top three teams.

As for best freshman class, I have no idea other than i know that the coach at Maritime did a decent job in bringing in some recruits.

MMTPdthree

Yea- i think maratime did an okay job.  but, how much can u expect?

Looks like Old Westbury took in a load of kids - looks like 1 in the starting lineup (2B i think)  Also have a JV team - that will help the program

MSV i think did an excellent job recruiting - Coach Macias finally has his own guys - not players who he inherrited.  He got the Holy Cross Catcher - Solid CHSAA City team.  I see he got 2 St. John the Baptist boys - Powerhouse LI CHSAA school.  One of which started at 1B.  Pitcher from Brewster HS who could emerge as a starter among an older pitching staff   

Purchase had some good bio's about their recruits - looks to be a solid foundation for the future.  Not too sure about the kid that transferred from UMass??? Says he took off a year? anyone know if he got hurt last year?

St. Joes took a good amount of LI boys.  (As did Farmingdale) Always good to pick ballplayers out of the island.  And they got even more pitching to add to a pretty dominant existing staff. 

Thats what i got ... n e one want to add?

MMTPdthree

Pre-Season Polls Are In !

1. Farmingdale State
2. Old Westbury       
3. St. Joseph's-L.I.   
4. Mount Saint Vincent
5. Mount Saint Mary
6. Purchase               
7t. Polytechnic           
7t. Maritime               
9. Yeshiva

NYBB

Austin Groves was Purchase's best recruit.  He's the starting CF and can hit.

Don't expect much from Maritime this year but i'm sure that they'll be a factor in the next few.  Their coach is very good.

MMTPdthree

Anyone esle surprised that Old Westbury got a that high of a bid??

I thought MSV would have been ahead of St. Joes - Head to head - Mount was victorious.  But im not that surprised - no one gives that program any credit. 

Was this season's Mariatime coach responsible for this years recruits ??

NYBB

I'm pretty sure that Maritime's coach recruited this year's class, yes.

MMTPdthree

Farmingdale has officially ended their trip to Orlando.
1-8

Things are getting intersting already

NYBB

interestingly bad.

We'll see how Purchase does tommorow.

Spence

Quote from: NYBB on March 04, 2008, 11:27:08 AM
True.  Chestnut Hill did have a recruiting class however and they also have scholarship players (D2).  Purchase is going to be good this year.

How many scholarships do they carry? Guessing they're nowhere near fully funded.

MMTPdthree

Im gonna guess that the only have a few scholarships.  they are deff. not fully funded.  its only a first year program

NYBB

Purchase got their butts handed to them by Wesley.  Oh well.  Moving on..

MMTPdthree

Congrats to:

Player of the week:  Brian Benvenuto (FSU)
Pitcher of the week:  Anthony Palandro (MSV)
Rookie of the week:  Austin Groves (PC)

Old Man

Help-  i admit i am not good with this stuff but isn't this a D3 site?  Who has scholarship money?  Am i wrong or confused?

Sorry,

All-Region

Re: BB: SKY: Skyline Conference
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: NYBB on March 04, 2008, 11:27:08 am
True.  Chestnut Hill did have a recruiting class however and they also have scholarship players (D2).  Purchase is going to be good this year.

How many scholarships do they carry? Guessing they're nowhere near fully funded.

Report to moderator    Logged 

MMTPdthree
Junior Varsity

Re: BB: SKY: Skyline Conference
« Reply #56 on: Yesterday at 12:07:52 am »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im gonna guess that the only have a few scholarships.  they are deff. not fully funded.  its only a first year program