Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA_wesleyfan

Quote from: jknezek on November 10, 2011, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on November 10, 2011, 07:37:57 PM
Even if Huntingdon loses to Wesley IMHO they still be better than a few one loss teams though I know that they don't get a bid. Their other loss being to a good Birmingham Southern team on the road should get them on the board with a win over Wesley

Huntingdon has a loss to Trinity as well. So they are already a 2 loss team.
I understand that jnkezek I shoudl have said that even with 3 losses with a Wesley win
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

smedindy

Same could be said about half of the WAC, OAC, ASC, and CCIW. The mid-pack teams are better than most teams in any other conference.

Still you gotta win to make the 'show' as it were.

PA_wesleyfan

Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

wesleydad

do not think that it will matter come saturday.  wesley will do what they need to do and win the game.  i doubt that trinity's d is any better than wesley's and huntingdon only scored 7.  the kean game was a total fluke but it still happened and that plays against wesley overall.

smedindy

I watched the Wittenberg / Huntingdon game on a video stream. Huntingdon can hit hard on both sides of the ball. Expect a war.

wesleydad

smedindy, i doubt that the hitting they bring will be anything more than wesley brings.  in the end wesley is better and they will show that saturday.

smedindy

If they are better, we will see for sure.

In Massey Wesley is 7th and Huntingdon is 42nd. But I don't think it's a time to be over-confident.

SUADC

I was able to watch both Wesley and Huntingdon play this season against quality opponenets. I watch the Wesley vs. Salisbury game and the Huntingdon vs. Trinity game. As far as Wesley is concerned, they have great talent on both sides of the ball, I've believe that the physical play of Wesley is totally different than the physical play of Huntingdon. Moreover, in the game between Trinity (TX) and Huntingdon, Huntingdon played physical but came up short on many occasions on the offensive side. Huntingdon was unable to convert on third & fourth downs. Also, with the Trinity QB creating time and second chances with his legs, this became very troublesome for Huntingdon and I think the QB at Wesley is is going to do this and even more. On the otherside, Wesley has struggled secondary wise, but over the past couple weeks have improved tremendously. Still, going to be a good game and can't wait to watch.

HSCTiger74

Quote from: smedindy on November 11, 2011, 09:34:24 AM
If they are better, we will see for sure.

In Massey Wesley is 7th and Huntingdon is 42nd. But I don't think it's a time to be over-confident.

You've apparently never read any of Wesleydad's other posts.  :)
TANSTAAFL

wesleydad

hsc, apparently you have not read any of my other posts either.  i have ripped wesley as much or more than anyone on this site.  overconfident, no, they are better, but will they do what they have to do to win?  i think yes, and then i hope some odac team shows up in the first round of the playoffs, then i may be overconfident.  ;D

HSCTiger74

Quote from: wesleydad on November 11, 2011, 10:56:07 PM
hsc, apparently you have not read any of my other posts either.  i have ripped wesley as much or more than anyone on this site.  overconfident, no, they are better, but will they do what they have to do to win?  i think yes, and then i hope some odac team shows up in the first round of the playoffs, then i may be overconfident.  ;D

I believe I've read most of your posts since I have been hanging around these boards, and I think that this one pretty much proves my point, which was actually intended to be tongue-in-cheek. You have indeed critiqued Wesley's performances several times, but I have yet to see you concede that any team could be better (except UWW or Mount, who are obviously better than everybody). Maybe I should have just corrected smedindy and told him that the word he was looking for wasn't "overconfident" but rather "arrogant". But hey, that's just me.  ;)
TANSTAAFL

wesleydad

hsc, not sure how thinking wesley is the better team is arrogant, but if that is what you go with fine.  i have respect for hampden and if they end up in dover next week i would expect a good game.  if huntingdon proves me wrong today i am sure you will let me know, but i will certainly be able to admit that i was wrong.  some people try to avoid posting comments that others may not like, i am not one of them.  wesley has proven over the last 6 years that not many teams are better than them with the exception of mount and uww.  yes, i was going for the tongue in cheek, but sometimes that is even missed.  good luck today in your game.

smedindy

Well, Wesley definitely proved they were better!

Hawks88

Quote from: smedindy on November 12, 2011, 06:42:21 PM
Well, Wesley definitely proved they were better!
Definitely, didn't leave any doubt about it either.  :(

wesleydad

congrats to huntingdon for scheduling wesley the past 2 years.  only will help the program get better.  good luck next year.