WBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by purple puff, February 22, 2005, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider 68

Hopefully, the Lady Raiders can win the OAC title, but the race for the 2011-12 season has been a competive one! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

RoyalPurple

Interesting that this year when the Lady Raiders are struggling to beat teams like BW they are ranked 2nd yet last year when they lost on a last second Hail Mary to the eventual champs they were 8th. Guessing because this year they beat IW

RoyalPurple

and having said that the Purples drop a road game to Capital by 1

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

If anyone interested, Ohio Northern will be featured on Hoopsville tonight. Show starts at 7 PM EST at www.d3hoopsville.com.

Follow us on Twitter: @d3hoopsville and #hoopsville
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email us: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

gordonmann

We've released our list of All-Americans. Congratulations to Cenzie Yoder, who is the first women's All-American for us from Ohio Northern.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2013/03/womens-all-americans

LadyBear

My alma matter, ONU, graduated some great players, Jordan Kimes specifically. Any news on what this year's teams look like in the  OAC?
Go Lady Polar Bears! Beat Mount Union!!

Pat Coleman

LadyBear -- I moved this over here into the OAC board.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville returns to the air after the holidays with plenty to talk about. Dave McHugh talks with coaches whose teams made some statements over the holidays. They include Wartburg and Capital women's programs along with the No. 17 Susquehanna men's program. You will also hear from a few coaches at this year's D3hoops.com Classic.

Watch Hoopsville LIVE at 7pm ET: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/jan3

Guests include (in order):
- Bob Amsberry, Wartburg women's coach
- Dixie Jeffers, Capital's women's coach
- Frank Marcinek, No. 17 Susquehanna's men's coach

D3hoops.com Classic Interviews:
- UW-Stout's Eddie Andrist
- Calvin's Kevin Vande Streek
- possibly more

You can tune into the podcast after the show airs here::
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

And don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

Alright, folks -- the NCAA's first women's basketball regional rankings are posted. Check out the full list from D3hoops.com:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/10/first-2016-regional-rankings-released-today/
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The final days of the regular season are here. Results of games across the country are affecting other teams not even playing. How will it all shake out and how does one result affect another?

Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh gives you the insight you need to know how the NCAA Tournament brackets are already taking shape. Dave will talk to many coaches around the country who are looking to lock up automatic bids, securing at-large opportunities, or knowingly playing for the postseason lives. Dave will even make sure you better understand the selection criteria and how something like the Strength of Schedule helps or hurts teams.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7pm ET. You can tune in below.

Guests include (in order of appearance)
- Michele Durand, No. 10 Ohio Northern women's coach
- Fred Richter, DeSales women's coach
- Warren Caruso, Husson men's coach
- Zach Frilen, No. 15 Lancaster Bible men's coach
- Todd Raridon, No. 11 North Central (Ill.) men's coach
- Marcus Kahn (Mary Washington) or Andy Sachs (Salisbury), CAC men's semifinal winner
- Matt Snyder, Strength of Schedule/Numbers guru

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:

Don't forget you can always interact with us:

And the Hoopsville Fundraising project is in it's closing days as well, but we have not met the goal. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509.

Thanks!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Division III basketball season is back from the holiday "break" - though not much of a break for many of the teams - and with the start of the 2017 part of the schedule comes plenty to talk about. Upsets in the men's Top 25 and the shocking news at out UW-Stevens Point.

Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh tries to get everything wrapped up in the discarded Christmas wrapping left behind. Bob Semling suspended, Geneseo women deal with another tragedy, Top 25 teams sputtering as conference season heats up, and teams trying to make an impact from under the radar.\

Hoopsville hits the air at 7:00 PM ET. You can tune in live, watch it on Facebook Live, or catch-up on Demand here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/jan5

Tonight's guest list (in order of appearance):
- Daley Ryman, Sports Director, NewsChannel 7 (WSAW) - UWSP Suspensions
- Cheri Harrer, Baldwin Wallace women's coach
- Scott Hemer, SUNY Geneseo women's coach
- Chad Dickman, Hood men's coach
- Eric Bridgeland, No. 2 Whitman men's coach

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

All of the sudden the month of January is coming to a close! It wasn't that long ago we were watching how teams would perform during holiday tournaments and after long breaks. Now, we are wondering how most teams will weather the second half of conference play.

Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave tries to take the temperature of Division III basketball. Just how good are the teams nationally ranked and near the top of some conference? Are there teams lurking who are about to emerge and disrupt things?

Of course the focus on this show will primarily be the East, Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes, and West Regions, but there is still plenty to talk about nationwide including the common theme: upsets and parity.

Guests will include a coach who won his 400th on Wednesday, three nationally ranked teams, and seven total losses.

Dave also discusses the recently launch Hoopsville Fundraising efforts and the upcoming annual marathon show. For more information on the fundraiser, click here: https://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser-2017

Tune in starting at 7:00 PM LIVE via this link: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/jan26 (or the Facebook Live simulcast). If you can't make it live, watch the show On Demand to listen (download) the podcast to the right (available after the show concludes).

Don't forget to contribute to the new "Hoopsville Mailbag" segment. Email questions you may have to hoopsville@d3hoops.com. Dave will answer them tonight or on a future show.

Guests scheduled to appear (in order of appearance):
- Frank Marcinek, No. 11 Susquehanna men's coach
- Luke Flockerzi, No. 7 Rochester men's coach
- Don Mulhern, UW-Superior women's coach
- Michele Durand, No. 8 Ohio Northern women's coach

Fundraiser: https://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser-2017

deiscanton

I am interested in the scheduling of the Fred Raizk Memorial Tournament that Wilmington College is hosting on Dec. 20 and Dec. 21.  Because of an alcohol-related incident, St Norbert is no longer competing in this year's Fred Raizk tournament.  This leaves Wilmington, Earlham, and Chicago as the remaining three teams.  I am waiting to see how Wilmington will schedule this tournament setup.  Thanks.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I hear a plan has been set for the tournament, but I am not at liberty to disclose it. They will announce it at 3pm ET.

deiscanton

New schedule for Fred Raizk Memorial Tournament--

All tip times Eastern

Tuesday, December 19-- Wilmington v Earlham-- 7 PM
Wednesday, December 20-- Chicago v Earlham-- 6 PM
Thursday, December 21-- Wilmington v Chicago-- 1 PM