MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFMichigan

Quote from: sac on February 13, 2013, 12:35:35 AM
Hope and Calvin build basketball palaces, D2 Saginaw Valley State "downsizes" it arena.

http://www.svsucardinals.com/news/Expansion

Makes sense. What is their average attendance? Probably less than 1000 per game. I was there once for a basketball game and there couldn't have been more than 200.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

realist

Looking at that ranking it isn't hard to conclude if Calvin wants to go to the dance this year they better do it with the AQ.  :)
"If you are catching flack it means you are over the target".  Brietbart.

sac

Senior night ceremonies at Hope.

Billy Seiler, Chase DeMaagd, Chris Ray, Josh Holwerda, Colton Overway and Nate Snuggerud.  Its been a pleasure to watch them play and grow into the young men they've become.  They were an important part of the transition from the VanWieren era to the Neil era. 

Nate Snuggerud's name will be all over the Hope record books in a number of categories, as will Colton Overway's.

Tonight I would guess Hope starts Seiler, Ray, Holwerda and DeMaagd with Gardner.  That would make the 12th and 13th different starters this year. 

I hope tonight Chris Ray gets one of the biggest ovations, on Saturday from my seat I saw Chris being the first guy off the bench to greet his teammates every timeout, every substitution.  He was as into the game as any guy on the court.

Its been fun guys.

arena

Quote from: realist on February 13, 2013, 03:06:23 PM
Looking at that ranking it isn't hard to conclude if Calvin wants to go to the dance this year they better do it with the AQ.  :)
That's the only way every year.  Control own destiny, you can't rely on a selection committee.

neilrocks

Wallace Whitfield in the house @ DeVos.  He always makes it interesting! :)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: arena on February 13, 2013, 03:33:38 PM
Quote from: realist on February 13, 2013, 03:06:23 PM
That's the only way every year.  Control own destiny, you can't rely on a selection committee.

That's the best way every year; fortunately it is not necessarily the only way!

hoopdreams

Adrian getting lit up by K-zoo...the bulldogs will forever be second class citizens in the MIAA....unless they make a huge comeback of course, then they're gritty and tough!  Newsflash....try keeping a roster for the entire season and build some continuity within your program and stop bringing in kids who have already enrolled in 12 different schools, unless they make a huge comeback, then you're well coached and hardnosed! BLAH........

Come on baby, make me eat my words! (think I picked Adrian for 4, thankfully, they were heavily picked)...here we go....down to 15 points......

Did I say Adrian?  I meant ALMA.....this is what happens when I verbalize my emotions....stupid therapist
2013 MIAA Pick em' Champion

thealmascots

Quote from: OC_SID on February 11, 2013, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: sac on February 11, 2013, 08:09:28 PM
Fantastic trivia question I do not know the answer to.

When was the last time Kalamazoo won both games in the season series with Albion?

I took a look on the MIAA website to see if I could find anything on the archives. Found it. During the 2001-02 season, so 2002 was the last time:

http://miaa.org/mbb/stats/0102/CONFSKED.HTM

My guess would be back to the mid 90's with the Jeremy Cole teams.  Otherwise, maybe 1991 with Ron Barczack and Brian Witkowski.  Not sure about either of these, but those were awfully good Kazoo teams.
Home of the 8 time MIAA Champions - 1911, 1924, 1925, 1933, 1934, 1941, 1942, 1978

realist

Kalamazoo 70 Adrian 62
Alma 56 Albion 55
"If you are catching flack it means you are over the target".  Brietbart.

thealmascots

Quote from: MaroonKnighty on February 13, 2013, 09:32:57 PM
Calvin just about blew this game.  Calvin 61   Trine 59

Wow, watched most of this one online.  Why, why, why doesn't Calvin plant Kruis on the block.  He should be able average 15 points and get 5 or 6 assists per game by kicking out after forcing the other team to double down.  Sure reminds me of watching Calvin misuse Mantel for 4 years.  They make the game harder than it needs to be.
Home of the 8 time MIAA Champions - 1911, 1924, 1925, 1933, 1934, 1941, 1942, 1978

oldknight

Quote from: thealmascots on February 13, 2013, 09:46:10 PM
Quote from: MaroonKnighty on February 13, 2013, 09:32:57 PM
Calvin just about blew this game.  Calvin 61   Trine 59

Wow, watched most of this one online.  Why, why, why doesn't Calvin plant Kruis on the block.  He should be able average 15 points and get 5 or 6 assists per game by kicking out after forcing the other team to double down.  Sure reminds me of watching Calvin misuse Mantel for 4 years.  They make the game harder than it needs to be.

You're right, Calvin should have use Kruis down low more in the second half. Instead, they put Snikkers in the blocks and he went 0-7 the second frame, getting fouled on every one of the five misses he took near the hoop. With Calvin up six points Tom got hammered on the last of those misses, immediately got the ball back, registered a complaint in the ref's inbox and got teed up for it. Snik has to be smarter than that as it nearly cost Calvin the game. But he had a right to be upset. The officiating was brutally bad and got progressively worse throughout--the worst I've seen this year. Truly pathetic.

oldknight

Quote from: neilrocks on February 13, 2013, 07:28:32 PM
Wallace Whitfield in the house @ DeVos.  He always makes it interesting! :)

Trade you for Kendall Smith.

almcguirejr

If I heard the official scorer correctly, Ian Jackson scored the last 21 for Trine.  Calvin caught a huge break tonight as Scott Rogers did not play for Trine tonight.