Quote from: emma17 on February 24, 2012, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: BoBo on February 24, 2012, 06:53:53 AM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on February 24, 2012, 04:19:23 AM
Quote from: BoBo on February 23, 2012, 11:45:47 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on February 23, 2012, 10:46:12 PM
Indiana defensive back coming to UWW

Dylan Morang

Ignore the creepy mug shot of his old coach  :o

Does anybody know where in Indiana Lake Central is located?  Sounds like the school is not known for it's football program.

Saint John, Indiana...right on the Indiana/Illinois boarder (northwest Indiana).

I'm really looking forward to a top-notch QB coming into the fold (maybe he's already in  :-\ ).  Or maybe a transfer from an upper division!!  ;)

Done.

Anything else you'd like to say about it? (like details!! ;) )

I hate to jump the gun as things can always change, but it's good news so far.  IL All State Qb class 5A.   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YQGVzIKrmc
http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x1676721439/SHGs-Smith-will-play-football-at-D-III-Wisconsin-Whitewater

BoBo

^ Looks real promising emma17...thanks for the links!!
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

footballfan413

Quote from: emma17 on February 26, 2012, 01:36:58 AM
Quote from: BoBo on February 24, 2012, 08:45:58 PM

Dylan Morang

Does anybody know where in Indiana Lake Central is located?  Sounds like the school is not known for it's football program.

Saint John, Indiana...right on the Indiana/Illinois boarder (northwest Indiana).

I'm really looking forward to a top-notch QB coming into the fold (maybe he's already in  :-\ ).  Or maybe a transfer from an upper division!!  ;)

Done.

I hate to jump the gun as things can always change, but it's good news so far.  IL All State Qb class 5A.   
http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x1676721439/SHGs-Smith-will-play-football-at-D-III-Wisconsin-Whitewater
Looks like a great get, 17.  I do love reading another, "committing," article on a HS player at the D3 level with the same old misleading info though.  "The Whitewater offer came about two weeks ago."   ;)
   I guess that's accurate if by offer you mean, "Hi, Pat.  This is Coach ______ from UW-W and we'd love to have you come play football for us."  "Thanks for the offer, Coach.  I'll let you know,"   ;) :D ;D
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

Sakman 1111

02 Warhawk

Quote from: emma17 on February 26, 2012, 01:36:58 AM
Quote from: BoBo on February 24, 2012, 08:45:58 PM

Dylan Morang

Done.

Don't worry about jumping the gun. the way I look at it is, if it gets published in a newspaper then it's fair game to get posted here.

Thanks for the info!

badgerwarhawk

I consider them "potential" recruits until they are enrolled. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

BoBo

Now that he is "committed," maybe THE Ohio State University will start to go after him!!  ;)
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

badgerwarhawk

Not football related but I just wanted to give the WARHAWK wrestling team some pub.  The WARHAWK wrestlers won the WIAC conference championship this Sunday dethroning LaCrosse who had won the previous 14 consecutive championships 108 1/2 to 96.  It was the thirteenth championship in the history of the WARHAWKS program.  Congrats guys.

edit: Oops I was a little off on the score.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on February 27, 2012, 11:00:21 AM
Not football related but I just wanted to give the WARHAWK wrestling team some pub.  The WARHAWK wrestlers won the WIAC conference championship this Sunday dethroning LaCrosse who had won the previous 14 consecutive championships 106 to 90.  It was the thirteenth championship in the history of the WARHAWKS program.  Congrats guys.

conference champs in football, men's basketball, men's and women's soccer, wrestling (what else?)..What a great past 12 months for this athletic program.

UWW should consider moving up to D2!

emma17

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on February 27, 2012, 11:00:21 AM
Not football related but I just wanted to give the WARHAWK wrestling team some pub.  The WARHAWK wrestlers won the WIAC conference championship this Sunday dethroning LaCrosse who had won the previous 14 consecutive championships 106 to 90.  It was the thirteenth championship in the history of the WARHAWKS program.  Congrats guys.

LaCrosse won 14 consecutive?  I must have missed the thread debating whether their success was "good or bad for WIAC wrestling". 

Great job UWW- way to step up.

emma17

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on February 26, 2012, 06:11:55 PM

BW- I agree with the qualifying statement of potential. In the end, I think it's good to mention recruits that have at least publicly announced their intention (even this early) as it fires up the fan base and possibly attracts other "undecideds".  But no different than scholarship schools, things can change before camp.

BoBo

Quote from: emma17 on February 27, 2012, 01:49:07 PM

BW- I agree with the qualifying statement of potential. In the end, I think it's good to mention recruits that have at least publicly announced their intention (even this early) as it fires up the fan base and possibly attracts other "undecideds".  But no different than scholarship schools, things can change before camp.

Do you know the height/weight of the new "Springfield Rifle?" You did say "...hate to jump the gun..." didn't you?  ;) The newspaper article didn't mention that and it's hard to tell on the video w/o a good reference point.

I found it interesting that he said he would have to end his baseball career by enrolling at UWW because he wouldn't be able to do both.  Didn't Donovan do both, and perform rather well? Maybe this kid isn't a lefty bat with power!!  I do like his TD/INT ratio from  his senior season, however.  :-\  ;)

I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

emma17

Quote from: BoBo on February 28, 2012, 07:48:47 AM
Quote from: emma17 on February 27, 2012, 01:49:07 PM

Do you know the height/weight of the new "Springfield Rifle?" You did say "...hate to jump the gun..." didn't you?  ;) The newspaper article didn't mention that and it's hard to tell on the video w/o a good reference point.

I found it interesting that he said he would have to end his baseball career by enrolling at UWW because he wouldn't be able to do both.  Didn't Donovan do both, and perform rather well? Maybe this kid isn't a lefty bat with power!!  I do like his TD/INT ratio from  his senior season, however.  :-\  ;)

The rifle I believe is 6'1" around 190 ish- is that Danny Jones size?
Stats show he could run the ball a bit too- seems like a gamer.
I too was surprised w baseball comment- I actually considered the dual sport potential a D3 advantage- especially at UWW given their success. 

badgerwarhawk

Pretty close....Jones was listed at 6'2", 196.

BoBo

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on February 28, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
Pretty close....Jones was listed at 6'2", 196.

Jones was probably lighter as a freshman. A little time in the weight room should get the rifle approaching 200 lbs., too.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."