FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

No wonder, it was the Lynx that were on the field in the first half.

bluenote

Got the DVR programmed to record Linfield/Whitewater, Southern Oregon Vs. Marion and Stagg Bowl. Hope the wife doesn't mind if I erased her movie.... LOL! ;D

wildcat11

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on December 19, 2014, 09:53:11 AM
I didn't see us score.  :D

Seriously, it was a well done production.  You do really nice work even if the other team never scores.  ;)

I always forget about the other team scoring.  ;D

ADvatage 'Catdome: ADvantage Friday Feature: Recording the 'Catdome

D O.C.

Picked the wrong east coast time to go to the gym. Didn't really need to see the University of Wisconsin at Whitewater forced Lynx fumble anyway.
Craig Howard's Southern Oregon U. team is up in the NAIA championship game from DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA, 31-10 with 7:00 in 2nd.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: D O.C. on December 19, 2014, 04:11:38 PM
Picked the wrong east coast time to go to the gym. Didn't really need to see the University of Wisconsin at Whitewater forced Lynx fumble anyway.
Craig Howard's Southern Oregon U. team is up in the NAIA championship game from DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA, 31-10 with 7:00 in 2nd.

So who is better, Southern Oregon or Linfield?

wildcat11

Well...Linfield actually plays defense so I'd like our chances.  SOU does have a lot of weapons. Would be a great game.

gren

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on December 19, 2014, 06:00:28 PM
Quote from: D O.C. on December 19, 2014, 04:11:38 PM

So who is better, Southern Oregon or Linfield?
My guess would be Linfield since overall we are 36 wins and 9 losses against the red raiders.

wartknight

Quote from: WarhawkDad on December 15, 2014, 02:57:34 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 14, 2014, 12:59:05 PM
Quote from: bman on December 14, 2014, 09:53:42 AM
Quote from: George Thompson on December 13, 2014, 09:44:13 PM
Quote from: Bluenote on December 13, 2014, 07:21:14 PM
Nothing but proud of this Linfield Team. To do what they have all season and in the playoffs with the travel and played the #1 team in the nation down to the wire. Fantastic job! LINFI3LD 5TRONG!!!

I agree 100%.   After losing the largest group of seniors I had ever seen at Linfield in 30 years, this Wildcat team was a pleasant surprise this year.
   To be so close to winning today should be notice to anyone in D-III, that we were better than a #10 ranking!!

Thanks coaches for another great year!

George

The loss clearly influenced that ranking, but to put you below 3 at this point would be unjust...

Congrats on a great season...

Unless Mount wins the Stagg, then you could make a very good argument for John Carroll at 3.
If UWW wins, then I put my rankings this way

1.   WWW 
2.   Wartburg
2a. Linfield
3/4.   Mount Union or Wartburg depending on score of the Stagg Bowl
5.   John Carroll
6.   Mary Hardin-Baylor
7.  UW Oshkosh
Corrected for you ;D
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

MonroviaCat

Congrats to Coach Smith for being selected as the D3football.com coach of the year! 
Go Cats!

D O.C.

bluenote

Congrats to Coach Smith and the entire Linfield coaching staff..... and to the fantastic group of young men on the football team. Your season may have ended in Wisconsin, but in my book you are the number 1 team in the nation.

wildcat11

Linfield finishes the 2014 season ranked #3.

http://www.d3football.com/top25/2014/final

Looks like Linfield was ranked 3rd on probably 20 out of the 25 top 25 voting cards.

George Thompson

What a difference a month makes.    At end of week 11, Linfield was lowly considered at #10, 205 points below #2 MHB and only 4 points above Widener.   All due to an unexpected loss to Willamette.

So, we go to Texas and knock off #2.    And we go 3,000 miles and beat #11, 45-7 on their home field.   Last, we go to #1, WWW, play a very bad first half, comeback and almost win the game.   Now, we are ranked #3.   If only more Midwest teams could see us play.

It doesn't seem to me we should be playing any non-conference D-3 teams.   It does not seem to help our rep and it sure costs us a lot of travel money.   Most coaches and others east of the Rockies do NOT know that Linfield has not had a losing season since 1955 ---- the longest # of winning seasons of any college.    I would rather we play the NAIA champ, So. Oregon U, Western Oregon or Eastern Oregon --- all right in our backyard.

GO CATS! GO!

George
GO CATS! GO!

MonroviaCat

Quote from: George Thompson on December 21, 2014, 08:46:25 PM
What a difference a month makes.    At end of week 11, Linfield was lowly considered at #10, 205 points below #2 MHB and only 4 points above Widener.   All due to an unexpected loss to Willamette.

So, we go to Texas and knock off #2.    And we go 3,000 miles and beat #11, 45-7 on their home field.   Last, we go to #1, WWW, play a very bad first half, comeback and almost win the game.   Now, we are ranked #3.   If only more Midwest teams could see us play.

It doesn't seem to me we should be playing any non-conference D-3 teams.   It does not seem to help our rep and it sure costs us a lot of travel money.   Most coaches and others east of the Rockies do NOT know that Linfield has not had a losing season since 1955 ---- the longest # of winning seasons of any college.    I would rather we play the NAIA champ, So. Oregon U, Western Oregon or Eastern Oregon --- all right in our backyard.

GO CATS! GO!

George
Go Cats!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: George Thompson on December 21, 2014, 08:46:25 PM
If only more Midwest teams could see us play.

Quote from: George Thompson on December 21, 2014, 08:46:25 PMIt doesn't seem to me we should be playing any non-conference D-3 teams.

You do understand these statements, which come in consecutive sentences, contradict each other, right?

I would love to see Linfield play Mount Union. One or the other always loses before the matchup.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.