BB: IIAC: Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Welcome to the Message Board for the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (IIAC).

balla_1982

I don't know if anyone will even post in this, but I thought the Iowa conference atleast deserved a board.

Ralph Turner

balla, the IIAC is in the Central Evaluation Region for baseball.

Pat Coleman and I started that thread back in February, and there has been no activity.

Maybe you will get it started.  If you or anyone is interested in volunteering to monitor the board, please send me a private message.

I encourage you to spread the word of the IIAC board on the Central Region Board to your friends! ;)

Thanks.

coocooforcoekohawk

Being in the Central region threw me off.  I figured we would be in the West or Midwest.  Putting us in the Central region is an insult  to everyone in the IIAC except for the Dutch!  :P
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

warthog

Congratulations to Coach Holst and the Wartburg Knights for their 10th straight IIAC crown.  ;D   Hey, I know it is a shared crown, but the way things looked two weeks ago this seemed impossible.  :P   It took some crazy things to happen in the last two days, but that is why you play them all the way to the end.  ::)  I thought early season stumbles would cause the streak to end.   :'(   I guess not.  Congrats to Central and Simpson for their shares.  Thanks to Luther and Loras for doing their part. :-*
BE ORANGE

BigPoppa

Here is a link to the IIAC Baseball Tournament:

http://www.iowaconference.com/men/baseball/tournament/2006.htm

Any predictions or thoughts?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Gustie13

Predicted IIAC tourney results:
1 Wartburg
2 Simpson
3 Coe
4 Loras
5 Central
6 Luther

Unfortunately for the IIAC I don't think whoever wins the tourney will be able to match Wartburg's run to the NCAA's last year.

BigPoppa

Quote from: Gustie13 on May 09, 2006, 04:11:30 PM
Predicted IIAC tourney results:
1 Wartburg
2 Simpson
3 Coe
4 Loras
5 Central
6 Luther

Unfortunately for the IIAC I don't think whoever wins the tourney will be able to match Wartburg's run to the NCAA's last year.

Funny things happen around tournament time... never count anyone out.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

coocooforcoekohawk

Good day to be a Kohawk.

That was a thrilling eleven inning game today.  If the weather wasn't so bad it would have been even better.  I had to feel for the Central and Loras players and their fans.  Waiting for the Simpson/Coe game to end must have been torturous.
However, it is great having the tournament at such a nice facility.

Way to go Kohawk Softball and Baseball.  They have both put together memorable seasons. :D
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

coocooforcoekohawk

Kohawks get A.Q.

I wish it would have been a complete tournament.  Vet's is a great ballpark and I was looking forward to a mother's day of Kohawk baseball.  Sure wouldn't mind playing on monday.  The Kernel's are in Clinton till Tuesday.  I guess the weather isn't supposed to be much better tomorrow anyhow.

Way to GO Kohawks!

Charlie Kohawk

Way to go Kohawks! It was a lousy weekend for baseball, but you persevered and brought home a tournament championship. Great year for Coe athletics all around.
4 IIAC football championships
8 NCAA football playoff appearances
13 straight wins over Cornell in the oldest football rivalry west of the Mississippi

Just Bill

NCAA Division III Regional
at Witter Field, Wisconsin Rapids
Wednesday, May 17
Game 1 – 9:30 a.m. - #5 UW-Stevens Point (29-15) vs. #4 St. Scholastica (36-4)
Game 2 – 1 p.m. - #2 St. Olaf (28-8) vs. #7 Dominican (21-19)
Game 3 – 4:30 p.m. - #3 St. Thomas (29-9) vs. #6 Coe (26-17)
Game 4 – 8 p.m. - #1 Ripon (31-5) vs. Game 1 winner

Thursday, May 18
Game 5 – 9:30 a.m. - Loser Game 2 vs. Loser Game 3
Game 6 – 1 p.m. - Winner Game 2 vs. Winner Game 3
Game 7 – 4:30 p.m. - Loser Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5
Game 8 – 8 p.m. - Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 6

Friday, May 19
Game 9 – Noon - Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 6
Game 10 – 3:30 p.m. - Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8
Game 11 – 7 p.m. - Loser Game 9 vs. Winner Game 10

Saturday, May 20
Game 12 – Noon - Winner Game 9 vs. Winner Game 11
Game 13 – 4 p.m. - if necessary
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

coocooforcoekohawk

This might not be the place, but it sure is the time.

Kohawk softball wins three games today and they are headed to the elite eight.

Congratulations Kohawks, this is a spring season to remember.

Looks like Coe baseball and softball are headed for showdowns against St. Thomas.  Funny how things work.  Let's just hope for the same success the football team had against the Tommies.

COOCOOFORCOEKOHAWKS!!!!!

coocooforcoekohawk

Ninth Inning
Coe            3
St. Thomas 3

coocooforcoekohawk

Coe gets two runs on no hits to take a 5-3 lead going into the bottom of the tenth