BB: MACF: MAC-Freedom

Started by Ralph Turner, June 27, 2008, 12:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordcharles

Hey RS  - no worries- we will  get it cranking as soon as the season starts!

lordcharles

trying to wake up this forum!

Freedom Conference predictions anyone?

lordcharles

Freedom Conference PreSeason Poll Released- Manhattanville and DeSales tied for 1st in Poll

2010 Freedom Conference Pre-Season Poll
1t – Manhattanville – 47 points (3)
1t – DeSales – 47 points (2)
3 – King's – 43 points
4 – FDU-Florham – 38 points (2)
5 – Misericordia – 36 points (1)
6 – Wilkes – 34 points
7 – Delaware Valley – 28 points
8 – Eastern – 15 points

John McGraw

Quote from: lordcharles on February 23, 2010, 08:49:33 PM
Freedom Conference PreSeason Poll Released- Manhattanville and DeSales tied for 1st in Poll

3 – King's – 43 points
6 – Wilkes – 34 points
8 – Eastern – 15 points

Little surprised DeSales is up that high considering what the team lost to graduation. Like I indicated in the preview, I think Manhattanville is the team to beat this year.

lordcharles

Quote from: John McGraw on February 24, 2010, 12:11:36 AM
Quote from: lordcharles on February 23, 2010, 08:49:33 PM

3 – King's – 43 points
6 – Wilkes – 34 points
8 – Eastern – 15 points

Little surprised DeSales is up that high considering what the team lost to graduation. Like I indicated in the preview, I think Manhattanville is the team to beat this year.

Well we will hopefully get to see these teams in action as soon as this week if the weather cooperates. DeSales is scheduled to play a DH Saturday against Catholic U in Washington and then a game Monday against Kean.  ( of course with more snow and rain........ :()

Play ball!

lordcharles

Desales over Kean 2-1 in season opener .  Crisp game for an opener with good pitching by both clubs

Hammer Ball

Any reason given why Keans 2B Moceri did not play?  He is a great player to watch.

kate

The outcome wasn't great, but Del Val now has live stats for most home games.  Thanks, Matt!

Heat23

Desales and FDU are both 8-1 right now. Desales is young but is always competitive. Their freshman pitcher Drinks is a very talented pitcher. He mixes up his stuff and keeps hitters off balance. They are pretty solid hitting throughout the lineup.
FDU is in my eyes the most talented team in this conference but as we all know that doesn't always mean success in the playoffs. They are stacked in their pitching staff and absolutley mash the ball. Their one all region outfielder last year isn't playing but I haven't heard why. I will assume an injury for the time being.
King's is another young team that has had several started go down to injuries, mainly their number 1 pitcher who is just starting to throw again and their DH from last year. They make a lot of errors but keep playing and have pulled out some wins. It will be interesting to see how they hold up against Montclair St on Sunday.
Wilkes has started off slow but is starting to hit the ball like normal. They put up 30 runs yesterday and finally looked like the team from last year. Don't count them out as they have shown over and over that they are a second half team. The pitchers seem to be settling into a grove as well after a very shaky start.
Misericordia may be a team that shakes up the playoff standings in the later part of the year but I don't know if they will be a big threat. Their number 1 pitcher is off the mound with an injury as well. With many promising young players I would expect for them to be a mid-top level team in the conference next year.
Manhattanville isn't having the year everyone expected to. Their pitchers are letting up way to many hits and runs. They have, from what i've seen, the best hitting team in this conference but you will never be successful when you have a team era of 11.6. There is still time to turn it around for them especially if other teams hit rough spots at the end.
Eastern is doing things no one expected. They are very young but never quit. It will be exciting to see how they play the rest of the year. If they stick together they can be a real surprise.
I have not seen Del Val play but I have not heard anything real good about them. Isgro is having an all american year at the plate but not so much on the mound. Expect them to take a game from each series but I don't know about much more than that.

If i had to make my prediciton for the four playoff teams I would say
1.)FDU
2.)DESALES
3.)KINGS
4.)WILKES

RSSmith

Heat, you are a welcome addition to this board!! The handful of Hopkins fans who participate are reasonably knowledgable about the Centennial Conference, but we don't get much good conversation about the other teams/conferences in the region.  Thanks for your input.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

lordcharles

Heat

Thanks for the nice insight on the teams in the Freedom.  It is nice to get some background on the teams in the Freedom Conference!

Please keep posting your updates!

Thanks again

Heat23

Seems like the top teams in this conference keep rolling while the bottom teams keep faltering. Desales smacked eastern today, FDU put up 6 runs against Misericordia's top pitcher, Who I saw throw and was lights out and King's beat Del Val.

Del Val out hit King's but made 3 errors which could have been the difference there. I was at the Misericordia-FDU game and FDU just flat out outplayed them. Desales didn't seem to have much of a problem with Eastern and Manhattanville may have gotten back on track against Wilkes.

Look for Del Val and King's to split tommorow, FDU to sweep misericordia, Desales to sweep eastern and Manhattanville and Wilkes to split.

Heat23

After another weekend of games things are pretty similar to how they were. Manhattanville got on track and swept wilkes basically ending any shot they have of making playoffs. King's did the same to Deleware Valley. Misericordia and eastern took 1 game each from Desales and FDU.

I think my playoff predicitions are pretty on track with the exception of Manhattanville taking the place of Wilkes in the 4th spot. Manhattanville's last conference series against King's could have some big implications on them getting in or out of the conference tournament.

lordcharles

Thanks heat.  And it also should be a good final series with DeSales and FDU

Heat23

Absolutely, that will be for the number 1 seed that series. If FDU can't take at least 2 of 3 from King's in 2 weeks that may change a little. I think Desales has the easiest road left but we shall see what happens.

With King's, FDU and Desales all being young and showing they have talent I can see 2 of them making the regional tournament next year. Heck FDU may get one this year if they don't win the conference tourney if they keep up at their current pace.