MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loggerville

Quote from: bbaddict on February 28, 2006, 10:19:57 AM
Doesn't change the comment about Bhawks.

might not change your perceived bratty-factor, but it does make him correct in asserting the Loggers near-dynasty status.

bbaddict

Loggerville -- who are you?--Bhawks big brother?  I think he's demonstrated that he can take care of himself on this board.   You Loggers go enjoy yourselves in the playoffs -- try not to get punched by someone on the SCIA board - I'll even root for your team -- all the way to the top this year.  See you next year without McVey & Curtiss -- Go Bearcats!

bearcatsfan3

BHawks, not many takers on the SCIAC board I see, despite your usual finesse...

For any SCIACers pacing our board,

If Chapman can't beat Fox or Pacific, why would they have a prayer in Tacoma? Oxy does have a quality one point win over the Pirates...but the Tigers have been so bad lately, what chance would they have against BHawks crew?

Dynasty talk is not premature...as much as it pains me to say it, if you win 3 in a row in this league, you've done something special. To say UPS is not worthy of dynasty chatter, simply because they weren't good before is like saying the Patriots were not a dynasty type club, because they were awful the decade before...or the Lakers 3 in a row wasn't amazing, simply because they hadn't won a title of anykind in 12 years...

However, expecting EB to pull it out every year....well, now that this core group is gone (Bhawks, Curtiss, McVey, Cross, Shelton), let's see how the loggers fare...AWilliams is a very good player, but you'd be hard pressed to say the others are "special"...Well, BHawks isn't going to be hard pressed, but rationale observers will be...

blackhawks4

Well, I'd imagine most will be wrapping up their NWC posts...Not much left to talk about here...

Bearcats...been a pleasure...you should think about checkin' out that SCIAC board and reppin' those Loggers (huh? No...ahh, worth a shot).  They get creative over there.  Besides, I getta get off this board before someone comes after my momma.   

UPS - dynasty??  Well, Bridgeland took over a dwindling program 5 years ago and has 3 straight nwc championships.  Not bad.  Not only do loggers return antoine williams (next years nwc poty-well actually probably not), but watch out for jason foster-freshmen this year, ryan delong, as well as a host of soon to be sophmores.  And gee...I wonder which university will bring in the best recruiting class?

Haven't heard from NWCBballfan...But with him and addict on the loose, I'm lockin' my doors at night that's for sure.

Quotedespite your usual finesse...
...Ahh, sarcasm...i'm telling ya' bearcatsfan...sciac board.  The art of posting.

NWC bball fan

Alright guys,
  This will be my last post of the year.  BH, you are obviously not my favorite person, but I can appreciate sticking up for your old team.  You have a strong knowledge of the game, it is just so one-sided so much of the time.  However, I hope the Loggers go deep into the tournament and earn some respect for the NWC.  Whitworth really feels that it took the Loggers best shot and still only lost by 8.  They shot amazingly and I hope that continues through the playoffs.  There are a lot of teams in the tournament that would not have finished in the top 3-maybe 4 of the NWC.  Oxy can be dangerous.  They beat #5 Amhearst after the refs gave them the game against Whitworth.

Look for the Pirates to be very good next year.  I hear that they have a good recruiting class coming in and have 3 good starters coming back.  Also, they have James Jones who torched UPS for 31, 19, and 20 in three games.  Along with Whitworth, who else does anyone see having a strong year.  Yes I know UPS will be good, their system will not let them be bad.  It has been fun, and I am sorry if I offended anyone.  Have a great off-season.......and I can't believe I am saying this but... Go Loggers!

nwhoops1903

No question that EB has a good thing going on...and I think 3peat is very impressive...will he be at UPS much longer though?  He has to be interesting to some D2 programs.  Any coaching changes in NWC this off season?  Rumors?  Thoughts?

I hope he and Hayford stay around as long as Gordy has..the NWC will be a solid conference with 2 young, skilled coaches running solid programs...no offense to any of the other coaches..just that these 2 have the last 4 titles. 

Hope the Loggers do well....getting the first round bye showed some respect to them..to bad WW didn't find a spot.  Some close losses doomed the pool C bid and a poor loss to PLU cost them the homecourt game they needed to beat UPS.  I personally, think WW did show class in not complaining or whining or even mentioning the pool C selection process.

Next season should be another good one but before that...good luck again to UPS..I am pretty sure I will go see the game and silently hope they win.  If they go 15-30 from 3 point land and win by 7 or less...I will know the Pirates doubly deserve to be in Spokane this week.  Go Bucs.
NWC fan

Gregory Sager

Quote from: bearcatsfan3 on February 28, 2006, 01:00:07 PMIf Chapman can't beat Fox or Pacific, why would they have a prayer in Tacoma?

Chapman's not in the tournament.

Quote from: nwhoops1903 on March 01, 2006, 02:51:41 AMHope the Loggers do well....getting the first round bye showed some respect to them

Not really. Puget Sound, like the two SCIAC schools, is a geographic orphan in terms of the D3 tournament field. Putting the three of them together instead of putting them into a more conventional four-team regional field means that the NCAA saves some plane fares, and cutting costs is what this tournament is really all about in their eyes. I'm sure that Puget Sound graded out very well in terms of seeding, but their bye is all about money rather than respect.

Quote from: blackhawks4 on February 27, 2006, 11:52:28 PM.You gotta think Lawrence will be hosting for the west in the field of 16.

You do? That's news to us here in the midwest. Nobody in these parts is taking anything for granted as far as the Midwest/West sectional is concerned, Lawrence fans included.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

bearcatsfan3

Sorry, GS, I meant Claremont...

tigersports

For those Logger fans (and NWC fans, too) that are interested, we will be broadcasting the Occidental/Claremont game on Thursday at 7.00 pt.  You can get it at www.oxybroadcast.com.  Hope you'll listen and hope to see you in Tacoma on Saturday.

OxyFan21

Hello from the SCIAC Board,

Not on here to make any type of predictions.  At this point, I am only concerned about CMS tomorrow night.  Yes, Oxy has not been playing its best basketball of the season, but I hope we make it up to Tacoma.

It will be nice for our kids to take a trip to the Pac NW.  Good luck to everyone, and be sure to follow Tigersports on his broadcast tomorrow night.

walzy31

Thanks to the NWC

MCLA (MASCAC) to Duke (ACC)

MCLA beat Fitchburg St. by 4
Fitchburg St. beat Newbury by 4
Newbury beat Roger Williams by 20
Roger Williams beat Curry by 5
Curry beat Trinity by 5
Trinity beat Amherst by 3
Amherst beat Pomona-Pitzer by 19
Pomona-Pitzer beat Whitworth by 4
Whitworth beat Puget Sound by 24
Puget Sound beat UC Riverside by 4
UC Riverside beat Pacific by 8
Pacific beat Texas A&M by 7
Texas A&M beat Texas by 3
Texas beat West Virginia by 1
West Virginia beat Georgetown by 13
Georgetown beat Duke by 3

Duke is currently #1 (until Monday)

tigersports

We will have the Oxy/UPS game tonight at 7 at www.oxybroadcast.com.  Please tune it.

TigerFan_1973

Quote from: tigersports on March 04, 2006, 02:01:57 AM
We will have the Oxy/UPS game tonight at 7 at www.oxybroadcast.com.  Please tune it.

Thank you.

I'm a Wittenberg fan.  This is the last game I need to fill out my bracket.

Loggerville

Gee, who's this McVey guy?  He's not bad ;D

OXY Oswald

Quote from: Loggerville on March 04, 2006, 11:40:42 PM
Gee, who's this McVey guy?  He's not bad ;D
That guy... he killed us.  Offensive boards left and right.

Great game Tigers!

Go Loggers!
Go TIGERS!!!

Tough days for Tiger Football.