MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: NWCer on February 07, 2007, 08:43:28 PM
Pineconefan,

Your math is correct, I was looking at the same thing as well.  They have Wheaton down as a region game, yet they are a midwest region team.  Take that one out and everything adds up.

Wheaton/Whitworth is a regional game:
http://www.d3hoops.com/faq.php?question=44
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NWCer

OK Pat, thanks, so where's the missing game Pinecone noticed?

Pat Coleman

I don't know, but I'll take it up with the NCAA along with the other apparent errors, just as in previous years.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

UPSoundLogs

Well, its been pretty slow around here fellas...

Huuuuuuuuge game tonight with WW and UPS facing off, it could decide who gets first in conference(although I realize LC still has a say in that)... most everyone has already voiced their opinions and predictions about the game.  I've got to admit UPS is looking like an underdog, especially from our little posting community here.  But I'm confident...it's gonna be a great game to watch and I think the home crowd will be a big part of the LOGGER VICTORY!!!  Both teams are very talented so I'm excited to see who comes to play and who decides to be a no show(player wise).  I think the Loggers are overdue for a season defining/ signiture win and this is gonna be it!  Go Logs!!!

I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

NWC bball fan

Word on the street is that BWilliams is out with an injury for Whitworth.

UPSoundLogs

WOW!!! If that's true it would be a huge blow to WW.  However, I still think they will be more than capable of beating UPS if the Loggers don't come out ready to play, anything can happen in a game this big.  With first place in the NWC on the line I'm sure WW will come out with big time intesity.  I'm not gonna lie, the game won't be the same without BWilliams...but I won't be sad to see him sitting on the side line in street clothes. 

Thanks for the info NWC bball fan.
I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Greek Tragedy

Two questions, since I don't pay attention to the NWC too often.

Why do they only have THREE in the conference tourney?  There are 8 teams, wouldn't it be logical to take the top four and play a Friday semifinals, Saturday finals?

Why is there a March 10th game scheduled (listed on this site), UPS v Williamette...one, they've already played each other twice and two, that's tourney time baby!  :P
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gordonmann

My guess is that the March 10th entry is a mistake.  It's deleted, but we appreciate the heads-up.

And the NWC used to not do any playoff at all.  Maybe a travel issue?

gordonmann

If anyone's having problems with the Whitworth stream (like I was), here is one from KLAY:

http://www.klay1180.com/live_radio.htm

David Collinge

Quote from: gordonmann on February 09, 2007, 11:18:15 PM
If anyone's having problems with the Whitworth stream (like I was), here is one from KLAY:

http://www.klay1180.com/live_radio.htm

But how am I going to improve my life through better hearing if I have to listen to KLAY?  ??? ;) :D

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: David Collinge on February 09, 2007, 11:37:30 PM
But how am I going to improve my life through better hearing if I have to listen to KLAY?  ??? ;) :D

After listening to KLAY for that long, your ears will really be Aiken, for sure.  >:( :-\
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gordonmann

Wow.

I didn't get the American Idol reference until OS hammered it home. :)

David Collinge

Quote from: gordonmann on February 09, 2007, 11:54:25 PM
Wow.

I didn't get the American Idol reference until OS hammered it home. :)

Egad...my reference was not to "American Idol."  Ick...ick...ick...:P...I never, ever watch that horrible show.

My reference should be recognizable to anyone who's ever tuned in KSBN for a Whitworth Pirates broadcast.

Greek Tragedy

I've never watched it either...but sometimes you can't get away from hearing about it via newspaper, tv etc...and that country woman who won it last year (Underwood?) is pretty attractive.

Stevens Point hosts the worlds largest trivia contest every year.  Our team tries to take notes on tv, movies, books etc.  As part of my loyalty to my team, I suffered through the movie, From Justin to Kelly, a horrible "musical" starring two of the original American Idol performers, and of course Kelly Clarkson won the first year, or something like that, right?

I seem to know a lot about this American Idol for never watching a single show!  Seriously, I've never watched it!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gordonmann

Ahhh, yes.

The hearing commercial that airs on KSBN.  I've only listened to a couple Whitworth games but I do remember that spot now.