WBB: NESCAC

Started by Senator Frost, March 12, 2005, 09:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine 1

Congratulations to Bowdoin.  Hopefully this is the year that Bowdoin can get their first national championship. They have a well balanced team, and Shibbles has continued the tradition established by her predecessor.  Thomas Moore is very good, and there Point guard is a tremendous player. The matchup with Choate will be interesting.

truenorth

Agreed...Bowdoin has a very balanced and dynamic team, and has proven to be resilient when behind late in games.  They are quick at both ends of the court and seem to communicate very well with each other.  They're obviously up against a #1 ranked and undefeated team.  In looking at the rosters, Thomas More's starters are taller on average.  So it will be interesting to see how Bowdoin's athleticism and balanced scoring matches up with Thomas More's height advantage and consensus POY.

ronk

Quote from: Maine 1 on March 16, 2019, 10:28:43 AM
Congratulations to Bowdoin.  Hopefully this is the year that Bowdoin can get their first national championship. They have a well balanced team, and Shibbles has continued the tradition established by her predecessor.  Thomas Moore is very good, and there Point guard is a tremendous player. The matchup with Choate will be interesting.

Had talked with Madison Temple's dad last nite & told him that Choate would be a challenge to her; then talked with Taylor's dad @ breakfast this morning and mentioned the reverse challenge with Madison. Should be a great game.

Maine 1

unfortunately, Thomas Moore was in a different league.  They had too much size and talent and clearly are the best team in D3.  A great season for Bowdoin.  They should certainly be proud of everything they accomplished, and it was great to see how hard they all played to the end, especially Abby Kelly.  She really showed a lot of heart and fought to the end.
A great two year run for Bowdoin.  Sometimes you just run into a better team

P'bearfan

Congrats to Bowdoin for a great year!!  It didn't end the way everyone hoped but the coaches and players put together terrific back-to-back seasons.

GoUBears!!

amh63

Just been notified that the Tufts HC is the new HC of Princeton.  My best man who is an UConn fan....but now resides next to UNC...notified me.  Seems the Former Princeton HC is now the HC of UNC.  Anyway...the last Nescac HC that headed South to a D1 job was the Bowdoin HC who went to the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md.
The long time great coach at D3 WashU recently left for a D1 HC too.  Guess money talks.

ronk

Quote from: amh63 on May 29, 2019, 09:32:18 PM
Just been notified that the Tufts HC is the new HC of Princeton.  My best man who is an UConn fan....but now resides next to UNC...notified me.  Seems the Former Princeton HC is now the HC of UNC.  Anyway...the last Nescac HC that headed South to a D1 job was the Bowdoin HC who went to the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md.
The long time great coach at D3 WashU recently left for a D1 HC too.  Guest money talks.

Stephanie Pemper(Bowdoin/Navy) has done well there; I usually see her on the AAU circuit. I expect Carla Berube to be similarly successful @ Princeton. She'll have 3 DC-area players to work with including All-America Bella Alarie(daughter of former NBAer Mark) and 1 more coming in 2020.
  The short time great coach @ Scranton also recently left for a D1 HC(Bucknell).

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

WashU's former coach is not the most recent to jump from DIII to DI. In fact, she has been trumped by Michael Meek (George Fox to Portland), Trevor Woodruff (Scranton to Bucknell) and Lauren Sumski (Rhodes to Lipscomb) just this off-season.

Nancy Fahey (WashU) left in 2017 to Illinois ... she was joined that season by Loree Payne who went from Puget Sound to Northern Arizona. Last season Marc Mitchell left FDU-Florham for St. Peters and Scott Hemer left Genseo for Canisus.

There is a run on DIII coaches right now.

Side note if you didn't notice: two coaches from last season's final four took D1 positions this off-season.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on May 29, 2019, 11:28:32 PM
WashU's former coach is not the most recent to jump from DIII to DI. In fact, she has been trumped by Michael Meek (George Fox to Portland), Trevor Woodruff (Scranton to Bucknell) and Lauren Sumski (Rhodes to Lipscomb) just this off-season.

Nancy Fahey (WashU) left in 2017 to Illinois ... she was joined that season by Loree Payne who went from Puget Sound to Northern Arizona. Last season Marc Mitchell left FDU-Florham for St. Peters and Scott Hemer left Genseo for Canisus.

There is a run on DIII coaches right now.

Side note if you didn't notice: two coaches from last season's final four took D1 positions this off-season.

Trevor Woodruff is one, but who is the other?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

HA! I jumped the gun!

Forgot Tufts LOST to Scranton in the elite eight ... my brain is on other topics ... like WOMEN'S LACROSSE(!) where Tufts made the final four ... so yeah ... sorry about that.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

amh63

ronk....Alarie, Mark....father of Bella...played at Duke, I recall.  Alas, my memory is "spotty" these days...like my spelling.
I believe that Berube's move was helped by the fine talent remaining at Princeton.
Anyway, The Nescac should be interesting next season in basketball....both men and women :).

JustAFan

Tufts names Bowdoin grad and former Tufts assistant Jill Pace as coach of its women's basketball team. Great (and very quick!) hire. She did a very good job as head coach a Pomona, turning around their program in short order.

http://www.gotuftsjumbos.com/sports/wbkb/2018-19/releases/20190624j00o7i

cantdothat

Any word on who Colby will hire as new WBB Head Coach? Curious as to whether Jill Pace, new Tufts HC was in the mix at Colby. She is a Bath, Me. native.

saratoga

To be honest, I didn't even realize Coach left.

Looks like she resigned back in April...don't think that its even made the D3Hoops news circuit.

Doesn't even appear to be any release from Colby in all this time...kind of strange.

Now working for a NFP in Boston apparently.

Wish her all the best.

Got to see her several times while she was at Drew & she did a really nice job.