FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3viewer

Former Fisher QB Curt Fitzpatrick..currently the OC at Utica..will be named HC at Morrisville St.
Blaise has now lost 2 of his top assistants.

Upstate

Nice job Fitzy!

Good luck!
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

pumkinattack

Why wouldn't they sell high - makes sense to me.  The defense can't possibly improve enough to offset losing a once a decade guy in Benkwitt.  Probably going to be a hard fall for UC in general.

Bombers798891

Quote from: pumkinattack on June 20, 2013, 01:02:56 PM

Probably going to be a hard fall for UC in general.

Look, if we can't endlessly debate Utica's arrival again this year, what's the point in anything anymore?

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bombers798891 on June 20, 2013, 04:30:43 PM
Quote from: pumkinattack on June 20, 2013, 01:02:56 PM

Probably going to be a hard fall for UC in general.

Look, if we can't endlessly debate Utica's arrival again this year, what's the point in anything anymore?

It does always seem to carry the forum for a few pages every year. Pep is thinking the Saxons will be hunting moose this year.

+K
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

sjfcards

http://athletics.sjfc.edu/news/2013/6/20/FB_0620130836.aspx

This may have already been discussed, but does anyone know much about this guy that the story does not say? Any UC followers have an idea how he did at UC?
GO FISHER!!!

D3MAFAN

Quote from: sjfcards on June 20, 2013, 11:17:57 PM

This may have already been discussed, but does anyone know much about this guy that the story does not say? Any UC followers have an idea how he did at UC?

I don't know, but comparing numbers. UC gave up almost 31 points per game in Empire 8 Play (Skewed to couple of teams) and SJF only gave up around 18. Improvement, I don't know, players skill level may have played a big part as well.

fisheralum91

Fisher's secondary will have to be replaced.
That is tough, but they do have returning players to fill key roles.
I look for a good season from the Cards!

AUPepBand

Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 21, 2013, 09:02:57 AM

I don't know, but comparing numbers. UC gave up almost 31 points per game in Empire 8 Play (Skewed to couple of teams) and SJF only gave up around 18. Improvement, I don't know, players skill level may have played a big part as well.

But what part did the UC offensive line coach play in the Moose giving up almost 31 points per game in Empire 8 play?
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

sjfcards

Quote from: AUPepBand on June 21, 2013, 12:03:48 PM
Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 21, 2013, 09:02:57 AM

But what part did the UC offensive line coach play in the Moose giving up almost 31 points per game in Empire 8 play?

Hopefully not much. Fox did a good job with the Defense when he was with Fisher, so their are some big shoes to fill. I think the D will be good again this year even with the losses in the secondary. It is the other side of the ball that still has me on edge.

Not sure what to expect from Fisher this year...
GO FISHER!!!

AUKaz00

Quote from: sjfcards on June 21, 2013, 12:19:52 PM
Not sure what to expect from Fisher this year...

I feel like this for a majority of the E8 this year except for Salisbury and Hartwick.  I guess that makes it the Gulls' league to lose, but there are 3 or 4 teams that could put it all together and bring the title back to NY.  Here's to hoping it happens in Mayberry!
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

fisheralum91

I agree Kaz,
Fisher IC and AU are the question marks.
I think many of us agree that Blaise will take a step back, and Wick will be the wick of old.

D3viewer

Re: Penree. As Pep mentioned he was the OL coach at Utica..so last years Utica defensive stats are irrelevant to his ability. They must think he's a good recruiter..Vosburgh is obviously familiar with him..can trust him.. That being said even though OL coaches have knowledge of defense's  there is a big difference between being an OL coach and going to the other side of the ball and coordinating. Fisher was ranked 17th in total defense last season (pretty damn good)..I'll be willing to bet he will be using  Fox's  defense and terminology. Since he has nothing to bring with him in that regard.  And the returning players are familiar with it and it "worked".

fisheralum91

Remember too that Penree was also assistant head coach.
He needed to know ALL sides of the ball.
He is a local Utica kid who fell in love with Fisher twice!
It took that spark to bring him back to Pittsford and I think that is great!
I wish him all the luck in the world!

D3viewer

That's not what assistant head coach means. It is just a salary title usually given to long term/ valuable assistant coaches who are not coordinators. Penree was such a coach. It does not mean he mirrors Blaise and does what he does, including learning/helping game plan for the defense. They have to find a way to pay him more than Will Pluff..the newer younger DC, so they slap an AHC title on him so he ranks higher or equal in the pay structure.