FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retagent

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on March 14, 2019, 08:57:34 AM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 13, 2019, 11:13:35 PM
But it's a shame they didn't stick with Croweaters.  Would be just about the best name for any team anywhere.

Although not a mascot name, one of my favorites is right here in Wiscy down near Lacrosse.

It's a combined school district of the 3 towns Gale-Ettrick-Treampealeau. For some reason in the past they decided to put those 3 town names in that order.

Therefore, the school is referred to and the buses all read on the side "G-E-T High."

Since I grew up right across the river, I'll add that I never heard Gale without Ettrick. I don't even know if those are two separate entities. It was always Gale-Ettrick. When they added Trempeleau, I have no clue.

OzJohnnie

The AFL season gets closer and the league is putting out a couple good vids.  This seven-minute mini-doco is on Mason Cox, the 6'10" Texan who has broken into the Collingwood starting lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQNvXqLFudw

EDIT: By the way, one of the coaches that is interviewed, Anthony Rocca, is a retired Collingwood legend and the brother of Sav Rocca, another Collingwood legend and who also spend seven seasons in the NFL punting for the Eagles and the Redskins.
[  

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

MUC57

Quote from: 57Johnnie on March 17, 2019, 10:46:47 AM
Harp, Smithwick's or Guiness today??? ???

Does a Bud Light count? I know but see signature below! 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: MUC57 on March 17, 2019, 01:26:02 PM

Your St. Patrick's Day privileges are herewith cancelled. ::)

57Johnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on March 17, 2019, 01:26:02 PM

Surely you jest.  :)

MUC57

Mr. Ypsi and 57Johnnie

Damn, you guys are tough. OK! I'll just settle for some Bushmills 21 year old single malt Irish Whiskey!  Am I forgiven?

Maybe NOW I jest! Or do I?  ;D

57Johnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on March 17, 2019, 05:38:45 PM
Mr. Ypsi and 57Johnnie

Damn, you guys are tough. OK! I'll just settle for some Bushmills 21 year old single malt Irish Whiskey!  Am I forgiven?

Maybe NOW I jest! Or do I?  ;D
You are forgiven.  :)
Some Colorado folks prefer George Killian Irish Red!

Mr. Ypsi

Bushmills 21-year old makes you forgivable.  Bud Light does not.  I hope the appeals court can rule before ST. Patty's day is over! ;D

MUC57

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 17, 2019, 08:17:11 PM
Bushmills 21-year old makes you forgivable.  Bud Light does not.  I hope the appeals court can rule before ST. Patty's day is over! ;D

Me too! Thanks.  :o

sowilson

Yes

Go for the Celtic 3-way.  Pour Harp, then Smithwick's, then Guiness into a pint glass.  Or go for an Irish Car bomb; Jameson's and Baily's in a shot glass dropped into a pint of Guiness.

MUC57

Quote from: sowilson on March 18, 2019, 11:21:50 AM
Yes

Go for the Celtic 3-way.  Pour Harp, then Smithwick's, then Guiness into a pint glass.  Or go for an Irish Car bomb; Jameson's and Baily's in a shot glass dropped into a pint of Guiness.

sowilson

Are you kidding? I'm old (see signature below). If I drank either one of those I'd be walking single file. It's possible it would cause me to take back things I never stole. But I could be talked into a non-lethal libation or ten! Do like your attitude, though. Here's looking at you, kid! 🍷 🍺 🍸 🍹  ;D

sowilson

Playing traditional Irish music is one of my hobbies.  I keep it sensible and have a couple of pints of Guinness (a fairly weak beer BTW) and a fair amount of water when I'm playing at a local session.  Yesterday was fun, went over to a friends house and we played a few tunes.  I'll leave the strange combinations to the young ones who haven't learned yet.  That reminds me, I should check on my son today and see how he survived the weekend.

BDB

MUC57

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on March 18, 2019, 05:01:43 PM
I love potholes.   :-*

BDB

Come to Alliance. You'll think you're in Heaven! 🕳 🚐  ;D