D3 Football Map

Started by FCGrizzliesGrad, September 12, 2019, 03:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etchglow

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 29, 2023, 04:48:04 PM
Quote from: ncc_fan on December 15, 2022, 04:47:59 PM
Those SAA road trips to/from Trinity look brutal!  Is the 2200 mile round trip between Centre & Trinity typically done by bus?   :o
LOL, Almost as bad as from Waco, Texas to Morgantown, West Virginia!

Or Los Angeles to College Park, Maryland...

;D

I bet Sul Ross is looking forwards to playing Central Washington University when they go D2 (a short 1800 miles) :D

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Etchglow on March 29, 2023, 06:23:47 PM
Quote from: ncc_fan on December 15, 2022, 04:47:59 PM
Those SAA road trips to/from Trinity look brutal!  Is the 2200 mile round trip between Centre & Trinity typically done by bus?   :o
LOL, Almost as bad as from Waco, Texas to Morgantown, West Virginia!

;D

I bet Sul Ross is looking forwards to playing Central Washington University when they go D2 (a short 1800 miles) :D.
... it is even longer than SRSU to Belhaven!

Gray Fox

;D
Or Los Angeles to New Jersey.
Fierce When Roused

FCGrizzliesGrad

MAP

As we approach 1 month until kickoff of the 2023 season, I've done a thorough checkup on everything. Updated the links and freshened up the street views.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

The Third Division

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on July 30, 2023, 10:01:49 AM
MAP

As we approach 1 month until kickoff of the 2023 season, I've done a thorough checkup on everything. Updated the links and freshened up the street views.

Lyon is missing.

Fannosaurus Rex

That is some good work.  Thank you very much.
"It ain't what ya do, it's the way how ya do it.  It ain't what ya eat, it's the way how ya chew it."  Little Richard

MediaGuy

Out of curiosity, is there any way to have a map which allows you to search by driving distance from a school to another.  Or have a listing of which schools are within a 500 mile drive from one another.  Might be a handy tool for amateurs trying to do a mock bracket.

MediaGuy

Also, outstanding work BTW

Etchglow

Quote from: MediaGuy on October 30, 2023, 12:06:49 PM
Out of curiosity, is there any way to have a map which allows you to search by driving distance from a school to another.  Or have a listing of which schools are within a 500 mile drive from one another.  Might be a handy tool for amateurs trying to do a mock bracket.

Easiest way to calculate that is to use this:

https://web2.ncaa.org/mileage

MediaGuy

Quote from: Etchglow on October 30, 2023, 12:12:49 PM

Thanks a bunch...I've been typing so many different schools into google maps lately that the only ads I see on social media are for gas stations, hotels and car insurance... ;D

Etchglow

Quote from: MediaGuy on October 30, 2023, 02:04:03 PM
Quote from: Etchglow on October 30, 2023, 12:12:49 PM

Thanks a bunch...I've been typing so many different schools into google maps lately that the only ads I see on social media are for gas stations, hotels and car insurance... ;D

I feel you there lol.  There are some quirks and things that aren't quite right in there I think.  Recently looked up two schools and the distance was different depending on the direction.  But, that's what the NCAA goes off of to determine mileage.

The Third Division

I went ahead and made the 2024 #d3fb map.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=1ctIuk6dHbQ2n9r5xmltwczcK5G6by8M&usp=sharing

Changes from 2023:
1. Sul Ross moved to D2
2. Addition of SCAC Conference (TLU, MCM & AC moved from ASC, Centenary's new program and Lyon from NAIA)
3. Castleton moved from ECFC to MASCAC
4. Hilbert joined E8
5. Calvin adding football and joining the MIAA