WBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Andrew Wagner, July 27, 2005, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Bill

So if Superior completes the Cinderella thing and wins the WIAC, do both Whitewater and Oshkosh get in as Pool C's? I think Whitewater is a lock. Oshkosh is going to be a REALLY interesting conversation if they can't win the automatic bid.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

MinnesotaBoy

Yes, with Oshkosh's strength of schedule it could be iffy.   Would like to think they still get in with 4 losses.

Is the conference seen as a little down this year?

phoenix_rising

Superior has been playing two kinds of basketball in just about every game: one half very good, one half very mediocre. Sometimes it was the first half, sometimes the second. Too much reliance on Sally to carry the team too often--or just to spark a comeback. Last night was the first game they put all of it together, playing a full game with contributions from multiple players. Honest to god, I waited for them to slink off in the second half. When they didn't, I thought, "Finally." Superior has some very good freshmen, some very capable sophomores. If they can just fire on all cylinders reliably, they could be very, very hard to beat.

badgerwarhawk

Superior's run comes up one game short.  Titans win 75-69.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Voice of the Titans

Let's get these seniors graduated and out of here.
We started that WRST Sports sh**.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tonight on Hoopsville we will recap the sectional weekend of basketball action and start previewing the championship weekend in Salem, Vir. and Stevens Point, Wis. Here are the guests you will hear from tonight:

- Williams head coach Mike Maker and senior center Mike Mayer
- Illinois Wesleyan head coach Ron Rose
- UW-Whitewater siblings Alex and Mary Merg
- Tufts senior forward Liz Moynihan

Pat Coleman will also join us to talk about what he saw this weekend and the tournament so far and we will announce the All-Region teams!

Show starts at 7 PM ET and will run until about 9:00 tonight.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/mar16

Don't forget you can ask us or our guests questions via social media:
- Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)
- Email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com)

Thanks and enjoy the show!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

badgerwarhawk

Congrats to Sally Linzmeier and Kaitlyn Thill (first team), Sarah Stecker (second team), Katelyn Kuehl and Alyssa Krajco (third team) on their selection to the All Central Region team.  And congrats to Brad Fischer who was selected as the Central Region Coach of the Year. 

Voice of the Titans, the problem wasn't the seniors the problem was the person coaching them.

bleedpurple

Congratulations to the UW-W women's team on a fantastic season! Also, huge congrats to Coach Carollo who became the school's all-time winningest women's basketball coach! Way to go!!

badgerwarhawk

Thill's jersey to hang in Women's Hall of Fame Ring of Honor.

http://www.uwwsports.com/news/2014/5/1/WBB_0501143244.aspx

Way, way cool.  What an incredible honor for a WIAC and WARHAWK athlete.

badgerwarhawk

UW-WHITEWATER'S Kaitlyn Thill has been named to the Womens Basketball Coaches Association's All American first team.  Superior's Sally Linzmeier and WHITEWATER'S Amy Mandrell were honorable mention selections. 

http://www.wbca.org/blog/index.cfm/2014/3/20/Player-of-the-Year-Finalists-headline-the-2014-WBCA-Division-III-Coaches-AllAmerica-Team/

badgerwarhawk

The WARHAWKS have 28 players practicing.  Many of them are new faces.  With a group that large two things are certain.  One, I would need them to wear name tags to know who they are.  Two, there will be some players cut and/or grayshirted.  We've lost a lot of points, rebounds and defense so it will be interesting to see how the staff compensates and what the team will look like.  Obviously it's unlikely we'll change anything about our style of play but new faces are going to have to step up for the season to be successful. 

GO WARHAWKS!

badgerwarhawk

Having cut eight players the WARHAWKS posted roster for the 2014-15 season stands at twenty athletes.  Of the twenty, ten are freshman, six are Sophomores and four are Juniors.  There are no Seniors on this year's roster.  Thirteen of the twenty are new to the program and Lisa Palmer returns after missing last year with an injury. 

Voice of the Titans

Love the pre-season Top 25 poll! Let's party like it's 1999!
We started that WRST Sports sh**.

badgerwarhawk

2014-15 Preseason Predictions--Voted on by WIAC Head Coaches and Sports Information Directors

2013-14 Record
1.  UW-Oshkosh  26-4 overall, 13-3 WIAC
2.  UW-Whitewater  27-5, 16-0
3.  UW-Stevens Point  17-10, 9-7
4.  UW-Superior  16-12, 7-9
5.  UW-Platteville  13-13, 7-9
6.  UW-Eau Claire  7-18, 5-11
7.  UW-Stout   11-15, 7-9
8.  UW-La Crosse  10-15, 4-12
9.  UW-River Falls   6-19, 4-12

The Titans will be tough but two teams that may surprise people are Superior and Stout.  I think both are going to have pretty decent seasons.  The WARHAWKS are incredibly young and will need to have some of the newcomers step up and contribute. 

JMM

Concur on Stout. They have most folks back and looked real good at the end of the season, hustle hustle. Think they will go far unless the coach only lets players play 1/2 time as in the past. Here are my predictions:

UWW (karma karma karma)
UW Stout (Coach Mark, just let them play)
UWSP (love that Shirley)
UWOSH  (I know, I know but I don't see it)
UWEC (some pretty good seniors and juniors and more height should see great defense again)
UWSUP (It's already cold and dark up there which tends to numb the momentum, Can you win with just one fantastic player?)
UWRF (could move up - showed potential at times last year and Coach likes to win)
UWPL
UWLAX