Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Sorry - trying to do too many things. Was thinking Stout, but had Eau Claire on my mind about something else. SMH
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 20, 2018, 03:07:21 PM
Quote from: tomt4525 on February 20, 2018, 02:56:46 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 20, 2018, 02:07:39 PM
Didn't see it mentioned, so mentioning it... Eau Claire STOUT will be shopping for two new coaches this offseason. Both coaches have announced they have resigned/retired.

Stout???

http://athletics.uwstout.edu/news/2018/2/20/changes-at-the-top-for-mens-and-womens-basketball-programs.aspx

Working the table I've always liked both of them but particularly Eddie. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Riley056

Night #1 in WIAC tourney

Lacrosse travels to Oshkosh
Whitewater to River Falls

Oshkosh needs wins in this tournament to continue a solid pool C argument

Tonight will be second trip to River Falls in 11 days for Whitewater. - a loss would end season on a 5 game losing streak

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 21, 2018, 02:40:54 PM
The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

River Falls gets knocked out effecting anyone with wins against them as they lose the results v Regionally Ranked opponents...even losses are viewed as better than no result at all, sometimes.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 21, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

River Falls gets knocked out effecting anyone with wins against them as they lose the results v Regionally Ranked opponents...even losses are viewed as better than no result at all, sometimes.

I don't get that one, either.  I feel like RF should be above NCC and Wheaton.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 21, 2018, 04:07:47 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 21, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

I don't get that one, either.  I feel like RF should be above NCC and Wheaton.

I was a bit surprised on that one too. I haven't looked deep into the numbers, but on the surface, they were all 1-1 with previously unranked NCC beating Wheaton and River Falls losing to Platteville. If anything, I could see NCC replacing Wheaton based on their 2-0 season series. Oh well. I don't think any of the 3 were serious Pool C contenders anyway.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Could be mistaken from just watching the video, but it looks like Andre Brown has a wrap or cast on his right hand and hasn't played tonight.  Big loss for WW.

Greek Tragedy

Oshkosh in a dogfight with La Crosse. The Titans were leading at the break 38-35 after Meinholz hit a 3 to cut it to 3 at the 1st half buzzer. La Crosse is now up 68-65 with 5 minutes to go.

River Falls leads Whitewater by 3 with 4 minutes to go.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Oshkosh wins it at the end. Tied at 74, Oshkosh's Flynn hits a layup with 6 seconds to go. Meinholz misses a 3 at the buzzer.

River Falls pulls away and wins by double figures.

Oshkosh heads to Point. River Falls heads to Platteville.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Riley056

River Falls will head to Platteville

Oshkosh to Point

What a game tonight between Oshkosh and Lacrosse

Did not see much of WW-River

Friday should be a great night of games

Greek Tragedy

1   Washington U.   22-2   22-2
2   UW-Platteville   20-3   22-3
3   Augustana    19-5   19-5
4   UW-Oshkosh   19-6   19-6
5   UW-Stevens Point   17-8   17-8
6   Illinois Wesleyan   19-5   19-5
7   North Central (Ill.)   16-7   17-7
8   Wheaton (Ill.)   17-7   17-7

Here's the Central Region

Oshkosh won tonight. They travel to Point Friday. NCC topped IWU yesterday in the regular season finale. They meet again in the CCIW semis. Augustana plays Wheaton in the other semi. Platteville hosts River Falls.

I believe the winner of the Point/Oshkosh game will get a Pool C bid. If NCC beats IWU in the semis to make it two wins over them this week, I'm guessing they'll leapfrog IWU. I think Wheaton needs the AQ, as does River Falls. If Point and IWU lose their semis, both are on the wrong side of the Pool C fence.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

fredfalcon

RF jumped out to a 31-13 lead by shooting 80% in first 10 minutes, and led by 45-33 at half. WW eventually closed the margin to 1 at about the 8-9 minute mark but could never get closer than 3-6 points the rest of the way. Forced to foul and press late in the game, the Warhawks were not able to get turnovers while RF got easy layups and free throws. Andre Brown's absence hurt WW big time as Rongstad was their only threat most of the game w/34 points, 26 in the first half. Pfeifer finished w/13.

Witt led RF w/20 followed by Seifert, Keller, Jackson, Buckley in double figures. Herink fouled out w/8 points.

WW out rebounded RF 40-25, but lost out in all other stat categories.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!