Author Topic: Rule and Policy Changes  (Read 8159 times)

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Re: Rule and Policy Changes
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2017, 12:23:30 pm »
Also remember, D1 schools can have a regular season game against a DIII who considers it an exhibition. There are many reasons for allowing that especially since both seasons start on different dates (which I think DIII needs to reconsider) and for competition reasons.
Host of Hoopsville and The #WhyD3 Show. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline smedindy

• All-American
  • ‘Heliotrope, Hell!’ orated he: ‘We want blood!’
    • View Profile
    • Music reviews for one and all, or me at least.
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2017, 10:09:29 pm »
I really don't like calling them exhibitions after the season starts, and when D-1 counts them and D-3 doesn't. But I may be choir preaching here.

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2017, 10:22:15 pm »
I really don't like calling them exhibitions after the season starts, and when D-1 counts them and D-3 doesn't. But I may be choir preaching here.

I'm part of the choir. LOL
Host of Hoopsville and The #WhyD3 Show. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2017, 10:39:28 pm »
I am honestly deleting my stuff from earlier... things have gotten confusing again and I need to dive so deep into this it isn't funny. I apologize for anyone who has seen it and now sees it is gone.

Online hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2017, 11:11:54 pm »
Well Well Well... 2 days after I told about the horse race to see who would be the last D3 school to post their schedule, 6 of the missing 8 have shown up... thanks to the SIDs of Johnson State, Albertus Magnus, Lesley, Wilson, Rosemont, and Stockton for responding..

Leaving the final 2

Amherst   and   Greensboro

I will say that both of these schools have historically been extremely late in getting their schedule posted!!   Who knows why....

Offline smedindy

• All-American
  • ‘Heliotrope, Hell!’ orated he: ‘We want blood!’
    • View Profile
    • Music reviews for one and all, or me at least.
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2017, 02:31:56 pm »

I'm part of the choir. LOL

We have it both ways at D-2 CWU. Our women play Pacific Lutheran and it's an 'exhibition' for them. We play Linfield's men but it doesn't seem they're calling it that, but we play a Canadian school during the break in their Canadian schedule and it's an exhibition.

Then last year our men played Washington State and we called it an exhibition.

Oy...