WBB: Liberty League

Started by Eliazabeth Brown, October 19, 2004, 07:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiomike

Herons roll over Hamilton and need one win this weekend to clinch the #1 seed in the tourney, and host next weekend championships. Hamilton is eliminated from the tourney.

radiomike

Herons clinch # 1 seed in the Tourney and host next weekend's Toruney. Congratulations Herons!

radiomike

Herons host and will play Rensselaer at 8PM Friday Night. You can catch the action on WEOS(FM) or on the web at www.weos.org . WEOS will have the final at 3PM on Saturday, if the Herons are playing. The game will follow Hobart Lacrosse vs Bucknell.

radiomike

WEOS will be broadcating the William Smith vs Fisher Game on Friday Afternoon at 5PM. You can hear it on WEOS, 89.7FM/90.3 FM Geneva, 88.1FM in Ithaca. Or on the web at Saturday  at http://www.weos.org/live.html 

radiomike

Herons beat Fisher 69-62 and advance to face Baldwin Wallace. WEOS will have the game live at 6:00PM on air and at www.weos.org/live.html

patroonbball

Any word on new recruits for the Liberty League teams this year?

met_fan

I don't know, but Hamilton picked up a pretty good coach in Gromacki.

d3bballfollower

i agree...gromacki is a great coach...i don't think hamilton will do a whole lot this year, but next year when there freshman class from last year are juniors and gromacki has had a year to implement his system, style of play, and recruit the girls he wants hamilton will be a top 2 team in the league
"A true champion is someone bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is looking."

maxpower

Caz Bombers

Might wanna tell it to the UAA board, Max, UR doesn't play hoops in the Liberty League, just football and a couple other sports at random.

While I'm over here, might as well contribute.  Predicting LL women's basketball is usually the easiest thing in the world.  Skidmore, Clarkson and Vassar are always terrible, Hamilton and RPI are always mediocre and the troika of WS, SLU and Union swap the title amongst themselves.  So let's go ahead and tab the Herons to take the championship again.

maxpower

My bad.... I'm a rookie to the BBall board. My mistake. Doesn't seem like anyone's listening anyway though.

radiomike

Quote from: bballfan34 on November 16, 2006, 12:49:11 PM
Any reasons for picking the herons to take the league again? How many starters do they have returning. St. Lawrence has 4 and it looks like the race for the title should be a good one this year. Union loses Eisenhut, how much will that hurt them?
The Herons lost a trio of great players last year, but return some great talent. It is too early in the year, but so far the 0-2 start should not make one panic. The team made it much further into the tournament last year than anyone felt they would, almost getting past 12th ranked Baldwin Wallace, and defeating a tough Fisher team. It is way too early to say who will take the league, but I would predict is would likely be Herons, Saints, or Dutchwomen, but don't discount the Red Hawks for staying in the hunt.

radiomike

Quote from: Caz Bombers on November 15, 2006, 02:01:15 PM
Might wanna tell it to the UAA board, Max, UR doesn't play hoops in the Liberty League, just football and a couple other sports at random.
Rochester Liberty League Sports: Football, Baseball, Field Hockey, Women's Lacrosse, Softball, Golf (M), Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Squash (M).

Some are LL only, such as Football.

Soccer and Basketball are only UAA.

They have some dual confrence teams, such as Swimming and Baseball. The worst was when they were playing UCAA football games and UAA games. Talk about a tough travel schedule.

radiomike

Herons get their first win at Home and of the 2006-2007 season last night. A real test coming up this weekend at Ithaca.

d3bballfollower

early in the year, but hamilton is 4-0 and have 4 girls averaging double figures...i can't remember the last time that happened...gromacki seems to be doing a great job so far
"A true champion is someone bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is looking."