What Division III sport should we add a board for next?

Started by Pat Coleman, January 30, 2006, 02:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are e-sports a sport?

Like chess and football, one practices, competes, gets coaching, follow rules, there is a clear winner...
1 (100%)
To be considered a sport, do you need to sweat during the activity?  If so, why is golf a sport?
1 (100%)
If e-sports are not a sport, what is a close comparison?
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

knights2000

XC/Track board would definately get me on there every day

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Yeah that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

By the way, nice to see Field Hockey fan(s) have finally woken up.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Wydown Blvd.

I am almost about to jump on this track bandwagon simply becuase i know so many basketball athletes who run track, so I won't haev to learn too many more names each season. :D

Scrolling down that long post hurt my fingers.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

But which basketball athletes are good enough to be nationally recognized in track?

I'm sure that's another long post waiting to happen.

mybleedinghands

Quote from: Hoops Fan on March 08, 2006, 04:12:50 PM

But which basketball athletes are good enough to be nationally recognized in track?

I'm sure that's another long post waiting to happen.

I don't follow track at all, but I do know Ricky Easterling from Bridgewater placed nationally in something in at least his senior year, which was last year.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Hopefully that question brings new life to the board.

Ralph Turner

In 2004 McMurry Guard Quentin Lankford qualified 3rd in the Pole Vault for the Outdoor Championship with a vault of 16' 3.25". 

Unfortunately, he "no-heighted" at Nationals.

Flea

Junior Josh Meckes (Calvin) has gone to the NCAA meet the past two seasons in the long jump.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

There you go guys, if Pat won't make a new set of boards for track, just take over one that already exists.  That's d3 ingenuity.

Ralph Turner

Actually, this is the week of the Nationals.   If Pat sees the benefits of T&F/XC then we may get a full board to ourselves!  Hope-a-hope-a-hope-a-hope! :)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I doubt Pat has the time to set all that up right now.

Josh Bowerman

No one has asked, but sort of a natural question for Pat related to the original purpose of this thread:

Is there any interest on the part of the d3 crew to used the d3sports.com URL to be a "blanket" site for all d3 sports, with the football and hoops boards remaining more specific?  I ask because it seems like the message boards for all the other sports would fit neatly under that banner, while also providing a forum for expanded coverage of baseball, soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, hockey, etcetera.

Just curious--that may eat into the off-season just a bit too much.   ;)
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

Bwana

Quote from: Jacketlawyer on January 30, 2006, 09:46:35 AM
I have advocated lacrosse before, and do so now again.  131 DIII colleges have teams.  It's true that it's mostly an East Coast sport, but it is growing.  At least four more DIII schools plan on adding a varsity team within the next year or so.

I would love to see a site added only for DIII lax.
Amen...I would love to see a Lacrosse board/presence
NO, Tusky, You cannot MOON Dr. Geisert!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Bwana on March 14, 2006, 08:25:03 AM
Quote from: Jacketlawyer on January 30, 2006, 09:46:35 AM
I have advocated lacrosse before, and do so now again.  131 DIII colleges have teams.  It's true that it's mostly an East Coast sport, but it is growing.  At least four more DIII schools plan on adding a varsity team within the next year or so.

I would love to see a site added only for DIII lax.
Amen...I would love to see a Lacrosse board/presence

There is a lacrosse board.  Check under "Other Division III Sports"

SKOT

little side note about the NCAA Men's DIII ID track and field championships.   The UW LaCrosse pole vaulters would have tied for fourth overall as a team with 26 points!  They went 1-2-3-7!