FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonmann

Widener has had night games in the recent past. When the Pride won the title a couple years ago, they beat Del Val on a rainy, windy Friday night.

bman

Thanks Gordon

If I recall they played Wesley under the lights a few years ago, but that may have been in Dover...WU does not have many night games...

PBR...

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: PBR... on March 18, 2013, 10:09:41 PM
Big10 going like D-III? Could OSU vs. Mount Union be a reality.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130318/big-ten-jim-delany-ncaa-obannon/

Nice catch. +k  Hmmm ... I wonder if the MIAA would accept Michigan and Michigan State? ;D

With the physical infrastructure alone, there is ZERO chance any of this would happen - the Big House with 5,000 instead of 110,000 each week?? ::)

PBR...

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 18, 2013, 10:50:58 PM
Quote from: PBR... on March 18, 2013, 10:09:41 PM
Big10 going like D-III? Could OSU vs. Mount Union be a reality.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130318/big-ten-jim-delany-ncaa-obannon/

Nice catch. +k  Hmmm ... I wonder if the MIAA would accept Michigan and Michigan State? ;D

With the physical infrastructure alone, there is ZERO chance any of this would happen - the Big House with 5,000 instead of 110,000 each week?? ::)

Agree totally....will never happen. Delaney is just trying to call their bluff. Basically 1 fool calling a bunch of other fools bluff.....Delaney would never give it all up in the name of academics no matter what horse manure comes out of his mouth (And with him and the ncaa it's ALOT)

wesleydad

bman, glad to see widener on the wesley schedule.  both teams are replacing parts, but the coaching change at widener may be tough to overcome.  wesley will have a new qb, but many other parts will still be there from last year.  widener is also going to have a new qb, so it will be interesting to see how the teams handle it.  enjoy the next 5 months, well if the weather ever gets above 50.

PBR...

Was at DVC last weekend....Football field was about 1/2 way torn up with big dirt mounds around the edges of it. The new facility is going to be great. With new press boxes and a 3 lane jogging track around the new field and lights being installed it's going to be really nice for games in all kinds of weather... Also breaking news...PBR's daughter has officially signed and entered into DVC for small animal science (pre-vet program) she had it down to Va. Tech and DVC and chose DVC...Great kid graduated high school early and has been taking full load of college courses already and will enter DVC in the fall as a sophmore credit wise....(Good thing she got her mothers smarts..)

bman

Nice job PBR!  Good luck to her.
Glad she didn't choose VT...(not a Frank Beamer fan)

bill

PBR

Just curious - a 3 lane track?  I thought they might spring for the whole new track concept, considering Del Val actually has track & field....I know that pushes seating further back, but....
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

PBR...

Quote from: bman on April 30, 2013, 01:32:32 PM
Nice job PBR!  Good luck to her.
Glad she didn't choose VT...(not a Frank Beamer fan)

Thanks Bman...I was happy either way...hokie or a aggie. She is a great kid and to only need 2 classes this fall to graduate she is an incredible kid. Very happy for her and all her hard work.

PBR...

Quote from: bill on April 30, 2013, 03:36:44 PM
PBR

Just curious - a 3 lane track?  I thought they might spring for the whole new track concept, considering Del Val actually has track & field....I know that pushes seating further back, but....

Bill they are doing a 3 land jogging track for students around the new field being put down in phase I of this project. Phase II they will be building a brand new track with stands next to the baseball field which is not too far from the existing football stadium and current track.

PBR...

Ran a 5K race at DVC last weekend and football field is really taking shape. Will be nice when all the other upgrades are done as well... Here is a story in the local paper with some pix  http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer_news/a-generous-donation-produces-new-football-field/article_d3fa5e53-cb36-5a37-8163-af3b7df044bd.html

D3MAFAN

Quote from: PBR... on May 15, 2013, 08:25:42 AM
Ran a 5K race at DVC last weekend and football field is really taking shape. Will be nice when all the other upgrades are done as well... Here is a story in the local paper with some pix  http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer_news/a-generous-donation-produces-new-football-field/article_d3fa5e53-cb36-5a37-8163-af3b7df044bd.html

Nice to see the field is up and coming. I had a chance to run a 5K in Baltimore a couple weeks ago.

bman

Is the fieldwork done?

PBR...

Quote from: bman on July 02, 2013, 10:01:10 AM

Is the fieldwork done?

Getting there bman....Last I saw last week the stone was down and rolled/packed on the field...looked just about ready to put the nexTurf down. Although they may do that last until the track and other work is done around the field to minimize risk of damage to the field...but I am not sure the order of things. It will be ready for fall sports both for ncaa games and intramural, with lighting for night games. Gong to be very nice to have a great field year round in all conditions with possibility of night games.