MBB: Little East

Started by diiih00ps, January 25, 2005, 12:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllStar

Tough end to the season for Keene.  Nichols had just an outstanding career!

Smitty Oom

Quote from: AllStar on March 02, 2019, 10:43:06 AM
Tough end to the season for Keene.  Nichols had just an outstanding career!

I would not be shocked if we see him suit up in his KSC jersey one last time  in the NABC All-Star game!

Mr. Ypsi

ECSUalum

No ECSU-Amherst game scheduled in 2019-20.  Must have to do with Coach Hixon's sabbatical!  I guess Aaron Twoomy did not was to see Eastern this year.  Disappointed as the match up was always a good one!  Wish Coach Hixon an enjoyable time off.  Only NESCAC teams scheduled this year are Conn College and Wesleyan!

middhoops

ECSU, Hixon was doing his protege a favor.

jayhawk

Actually Eastern dropped the Amherst game because of scheduling issues.
I heard that Amherst was disappointed because the game against Eastern is always such a great game

ECSUalum

Quote from: jayhawk on October 12, 2019, 05:26:01 PM
Actually Eastern dropped the Amherst game because of scheduling issues.
I heard that Amherst was disappointed because the game against Eastern is always such a great game

That is a shame!  Hopefully back on schedule 2020-21.  Always a great learning experience playing one of the perennial best teams in D-III!

amh63

Ah, some trash talk here from my friend Middhoops! :).  Need to have Midd HC schedule ECSU. 
Think you and Vandy74 know how to find Williamatic.
In any case, ECSUalum...chances of getting together for a game at WCSU have improved.  Was up in your area for a family gathering recently....in Bethel, Ct.  Had use of a house there.  My younger son's in-laws recently moved into the area, in part to be closer to their daughter.  Will stay there overnight in a couple weeks as two of my kids/families and My wife and I attend HomeComing at Amherst.
You should talk to the ECSU HC about getting Amherst back on the schedule, my friend!

ECSUalum

Hello amh63, Hope you are well.  Good to hear you will be around and will try to schedule a get together.
A shocker I just read on ECSU men's basketball site looks like Carlos Gonzales, ECSU star point guard does not look to be returning for his senior year!! :o :o
This will be huge this year IMHO.  The article mentions junior transfer guard Shawn Gashi (Syracuse, NY) from Utica College (16.2 ppg in 2018-19), and freshman forward Rakesh Tibby (East Hartford) as possible impact players.  Very disappointing and frustrating as Carlos would have had a monster year in 2019-20

https://gowarriorathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/releases/lec_hoop_polls

NERR on Tibby:
"Eastern Connecticut got a good one in Master's School's Rakesh Tibby. A 6-foot-7 forward who has dramatically improved his conditioning while simultaneously expanding his skill set, Tibby ran with the Mass Rivals last spring and summer and had a steady diet of scholarship level interest over the course of his high school career. He should be capable of making an immediate, and ultimately significant, impact in the Little East Conference".

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I know it was cleared up and ECSU postponed the series with Amherst, but to be clear ... Toomey didn't set this season's schedule. That was done by Hixon - maybe with help from Toomey. The schedule was set before Hixon announced his sabbatical.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

LECFAN32

Gonzalez is a titanic loss for Eastern. He impacts them in every way. Gashi is a slightly slower version of Collagen, should be impactful.

ECSUalum

ECSU 2019-20 roster posted.
Still do not know what happened to Carlos Gonzales :o

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ECSUalum on November 11, 2019, 07:31:51 PM
Still do not know what happened to Carlos Gonzales

Found his Facebook page.  He's sitting out the season due to injury, plans to play next year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

ECSUalum

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on November 11, 2019, 07:37:13 PM
Quote from: ECSUalum on November 11, 2019, 07:31:51 PM
Still do not know what happened to Carlos Gonzales

Found his Facebook page.  He's sitting out the season due to injury, plans to play next year.
Ryan, I checked Facebook, previously but, searched the wrong FB name. Found it yesterday!  Many thanks, this makes me feel much better, he is such an exciting player to watch and a super good person! ;D  +1