WBB: GSAC

Started by coachwgh, November 09, 2005, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GottaHaveHeart

FlightofthePetrel:

Didn't have my glasses on while looking at box score!  ;D

Thanks for correction and info on the game. Congrats on the comeback and win!

It's at their place but hopefully we can play well and come away with a win.

FlightofthePetrel

Thanks for the congrats... Should be just like a Neutral site game as Emory doesn't really pack a gym that well- especially for girls games.  Good luck none the less, we'll see ya'll back down this way on the 15th of January.  I'm sure the girls are looking forward to getting some redemption for knocking the Petrels out of the tournament a few years ago.

GottaHaveHeart

Nice win for the ladies!

Wasn't able to attend game, but looking at box, we played well. Only 12 turnovers, awesome! Alicia played 39 mins with just 1 TO....can't beat that for a point guard. Katie (senior) stepping up making both FTs with 16 secs left in game and score tied.

Definitely a better job rebounding as a team!
Keep working on that 3-point shooting!

Transylvania next Saturday at our place. We owe them one from last year when we played so bad up there.

GottaHaveHeart

HORRIBLE LOSS vs (3-4) Transylvania.

Our defense is totally aweful. Guard penetration is killing us. Why are we trapping? What is our sub pattern based on? How many fast breaks do you give up before you decide to keep somebody back. Offense is all the same old motion play with no options. Shooting way too many 3's..(30)...We hit 1 and go 3 crazy. We shooting 27% for the year, don't that tell you something. We got 3 dang good post players and for them to get shots, they got to step out and shoot 3's..you kidding me. Nobody rebounding but Saxe. No way we should have lost to that team. You can see the players are frustrated.

Nat in tears after game.

Interesting "team" comments Pardue made in thedailytimes. At least he knows he got a problem and its not all him.

Good luck in the 2 games out West. Enjoy the trip. Be safe! 

MCScotsFan

And funny, their coach said our defense was solid  ??? What defense was he seeing?!

I agree our players are frustrated. Did Alicia ever come out of the game yesterday? She's playing a lot of minutes and looked exhausted yesterday. She is going to be ripe for an injury if he doesn't watch it.
With the way they looked out there yesterday, I could not help but wonder how frustrating it must be to be on the bench and not given any kind of a chance. Players were either "off" or something and maybe someone on the bench should have been given a chance.

Nat's fighting injury and some of those tears were from pain. Frustration was prevelant with all of them yesterday with many feeling like "they" were the problem. Looks to me that are problems are much deeper.

I've never seen lady Scot basketball like that. I hope I don't see any more games like that one.  :'(

scottiedoug

yea but if Transy had not had that quick guard who did not stay hurt, the Scots would have won anyway.  Nobody could stay with her.

GottaHaveHeart

Quote from: scottiedoug on December 16, 2007, 10:21:28 PM
yea but if Transy had not had that quick guard who did not stay hurt, the Scots would have won anyway.  Nobody could stay with her.

It don't matter if that guard had played all 40 mins....we still should have beat that team......That guard was still in the game when we were leading (20 - 10) ... before we went 3 happy.....sad to think we need another teams best player to get hurt before we can win....what happened to compete?

Alicia did play all 40 mins.....sub pattern  ???.....always playing her and Jeanna together
What defense did the other Coach see....the one that allowed his team to shoot 51% in the second half and 45% for the whole game.....

Tell you what....if we don't turn things around quick and get some leadership and
stability, starting with the Coach and carrying over to the players, this could get ugly....

scottiedoug

I did not see the defense Transy's coach saw, esp. in the second half.  I have not seen the Scots but twice but have thought Rachel Draper seemed quick and able to score in transition.  I think I'd play her some more to see if I'm wrong.  As you said, the Scots have three post players who can score, but not without the ball and some picks.

MCScotsFan

I agree. Things have got to change. I realize it is hard to change coaches and all of that but this seems ridiculous to me. I think Pardue seems to go to bat for these girls and encourages them with their academics and that is a good thing because there is life after the games. Maybe he hasn't figured out coaching women yet?  ??? I wonder how their communication is?

At 3:15 a.m. Sunday morning I awoke to some horrible wind noise. All I could think about was those girls boarding that plane for their trip. Some have never flown, some have and aren't fond of flying and that wind was wicked! So, I laid there worrying about them. I feel sure my worry helped.  ;)

Have you heard how the flight was? That is a far away road trip--esp. when flying has been an issue in the past when they've made the NCAA tourney. Oh well. I hope they win and I hope they return to us safely.

GottaHaveHeart

Well, thank God, they made it there safe. Flight from Nashville to Chicago was cancelled. I was glad to hear that with all the bad weather up in Chicago area. Didn't realize the re-route was going to be such a headache. If my info is correct, they flew from Nashvile to L.A., changed flights, flew to San Jose, changed flights, flew into Seattle, which left them with a 3 hour drive to wherever they were going. This was Alex first time flying so she called us a few times. Took them about 22 hours from start to hotel room. Hopefully the return trip will go better.

They had a brief practice yesterday at 12:30pm, then went site seeing. Went to the Nike headquarters. Last time Alex called, they were downtown Portland, walking around. Said they were having a good time.

Hopefully they will be somewhat over the flight lag/time change and play well today. Game is at 10pm EST, 7pm PST. They play Linfield (OR) who are 5-2.

scottiedoug

Portland is a great city.  I hope they have fun out there!  This trip, or at least the idea of it, is a nice bonus for all the hard work they players do.

GottaHaveHeart

We lost 76-65.

Nat didn't play, was sick. Only 7 people played with Saxe and Alicia playing all 40 mins. Alicia was just 1-9 so she's probably feeling the minutes. Colleen must to have been in foul trouble most of the night, as she fouled out with only 1 shot attempt in 22 mins. Ladies were still probably feeling the effects of the marathon flight travel out there. To play only 7....... ???

Linfield shot 51% ........ 59% from 3-point land.

They play Pacific Lutheran University Thursday night, 5pm PST, 8pm EST.

MCScotsFan

What a trip out there! I feel for them. And then add the time change to it all...ugh!

Glad Alex said they were having a good time and getting some sight seeing in. 22 hours for your flight!! Well, bless her heart--flying should only get better than that in her future!

Sorry to hear they lost. I'll be waiting to hear what tonight brings for them. They need a win.
Looking at the weather map, it looks like the NW is in for some snow. I'll just be glad when they are back and safe at home. Geez...what would I be like if I was one's momma! :o

40 mins. for Katie and Alicia? OK, I think with Alicia he is trying to set some sort of record for most mins. played in MC history.
I hope Natalie is feeling better and that no one else catches it. Flights are known for passing the germs around!

GHH. Please post when Alex is home.

younglion52

piedmont not playing good ball but still with a 9-2 record.  their best ball is still to come

GottaHaveHeart

We lost 74-53. I watched live play-by-play game stats while they played.

Same old story, no defense and we having major problems scoring. Natalie played 18 mins tonight, scored 14 points, leading scorer. Alison was only other player in double figured with 10 points. Saxe did the work on the boards with 12. Alexis got 19 mins of playing time tonight. Alicia played the whole game straight through until 3 mins left, even though game was actually for all intent and purposes, over at the 10:30 min mark of the second half, we were down by 17.

We had 24 turnovers and shot 2-15 ( 13%) from 3-point. Only 7 offensive rebounds the whole game. Hard to win with those stats combined with allowing your opposition to shoot 47% from the field, which includes 44% from 3-point.

I really feel for the ladies who didn't get to play in either game after making that marathon trip. No reason everyone shouldn't have played tonight. We got starters in the game with 3 mins to go, down by 17, and got kids on the bench who had not touched the floor in this game or the game Tuesday night. As I had stated in a earlier post, if you are going to be a leader, you have to treat your players with "dignity and respect" and you still can accomplish your goals.

I'm just wondering......when was the last time Maryville was 5 -5 after 10 games? We got too much, too much talent on this team to be playing like this. Something just not clicking.

Hopefully, the break will do everyone some good!

I pray for your safe return! Happy Holidays to All!

12-21-2007 @ 2:45pm EST....Team is safe back on campus!!!!  :D ;D 8) :)