FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmc1982

OUCH Hasa!! That hurts!! Hope you get "your baby" back in shape......That had to be a sick feeling to hear when that door came down.... :-[....Good Luck "Crashanova".... :)
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

wesleydad

hsc85, thanks for your points.  i have no disrespect for the odac, just when it comes to winning it all or making the playoffs there is a huge difference.  i have seen first hand the gap between the top 2 and the next 5 or 6 and then the gap from them to the rest.  i just like watching good football and i have seen that each time i have seen the odac teams play.  good luck the rest of the year and if we play, find me, i will make sure you have a good time.

Olinemom

Thanks for the limerick!  One of my sstudents or colleagues breathed on me earlier in the week and I have tracheo-bronchitis (spelling) My temperature is hovering around 100.6 so I took myself out of action for the bus trip and ball game.   :( :( :(             Maybe at the Stagg Bowl?  Who knows?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

hasanova

Quote from: rmc1982 on October 15, 2010, 05:42:44 PM
OUCH Hasa!! That hurts!! Hope you get "your baby" back in shape......That had to be a sick feeling to hear when that door came down.... :-[....Good Luck "Crashanova".... :)
Thanks.  It was, indeed, a sickening sound.  Some of the guys at work wanted to see my car, so I promised to bring it in yesterday - "no good deed goes unpunished."  lol  I've already made a trip to Lowe's this morning for some rollers and other supplies to do a a repair.  The garage door's a little crumpled on the inside, but I got it back in the track ... so it's functional.  The outside looks just fine.  As for the Nova, I've already made arrangements with a paint shop in my hometown of Mt. Airy that specializes in 50's to 70's cars ... I'll get this fixed quickly and, while it's in the shop, take care of few other minor blemishes as well.  It'll all come out in the wash.

Good luck to all the ODAC teams in action today!  No injuries and great sportsmanship.  I hear Guilford QB Luke Vandall got hurt in the W&L game and is out for the season.  Expect to see Billy Watkins mostly at QB the rest of the season for the Quakers.

RMC08

Anyone know what happened to Austin Faulkner from RMC?  I see he is not playing in the third with Macon down 2 tds.  Anyone have a clue?

rmc1982

Beginning of 4th qtr we're getting WAXED 42-21! We can't stop the option offense of the Gennies.They have beaten us soundly....as for Faulkner, the announcers don't seem to know........Not having him hasn't made that much difference-we haven't stopped them a SINGLE TIME all day!Congrats to The Gennies on an apparently very physical whipping so far.....
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

rmc1982

We got beat 42-28.....Hats off to W&L-they flat-out whipped our a$$.They're in the drivers seat: if they win out-they win the ODAC......Nobody has stopped that Option attack-we sure didn't even come close.......The only way we make playoffs now is to win out and hope Bridgewater,Catholic, or H-SC knocks off the Gennies.....and even then we need help....we have SURELY screwed ourselves today.....Good job W&L!

Llamaguy

Quote from: rmc1982 on October 16, 2010, 03:39:07 PM
We got beat 42-28.....Hats off to W&L-they flat-out whipped our a$$.They're in the drivers seat: if they win out-they win the ODAC......Nobody has stopped that Option attack-we sure didn't even come close.......The only way we make playoffs now is to win out and hope Bridgewater,Catholic, or H-SC knocks off the Gennies.....and even then we need help....we have SURELY screwed ourselves today.....Good job W&L!

Should be interesting next week. Bridgewater has the best run defense in the ODAC. Will it hold up against the speed option? It did against Ferrum so I guess BC should have a shot?  ;)
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

RMC08

Congrats to the gennies, it looks like they played one heck of a game.  Also, having played for coach Aruzza I feel sorry for a few folks:  1) the RMC football team for playing a game that appears to be below their ability, 2) Guilford (if Faulkner is healthy) because you know  Macon is going to play one inspired football game and try to prove something.

abnrgr

Well the wine and cheese crowd has laid 40+ on the last 3 games but they still have to beat the traditional bullies on the block: BC and HSC.

Smitting GC-Q and RMC is not quite the.... uhhh...same.
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

bleedpurple

HELP WANTED:

Looking for Pollsters for a "soon to be unveiled" D3 TOP 25 FAN POLL.

Publishing site: www.uwwfootball.blogspot.com

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Commit to submit a ballot ranking the D3 Teams 1-25 by stated deadline. I'm thinking that will be midnight on Mondays.
2. Research the teams and try to be as unbiased as possible in ranking them.
3. Think through your own philosophy as to how much to weigh previous ranking, won/loss record, your sense as to who would win head to head, national performances in recent years, quality wins, and whatever reasonable criteria you care to choose.   
4. Submit a ballot EVERY WEEK by the deadline. Missing a deadline will be cause to forfeit your spot. Create and submit your ballot BEFORE viewing the D3football.com poll. You can look at previous weeks polls to get you started if you are having a hard time filling out the last few slots.

PURPOSE OF POLL

This poll is to promote meaningful and fun discussion on d3boards.com.  It is simply something that will be fun to contrast with D3football.com's poll. D3football.com's poll is the one legitimate poll we have in D3 football in my opinion.  This poll is not even intended to become #2. I just think it would be an interesting point of comparison and discussion. 

HOW TO APPLY

Send me a private message. In your message indicate:
1. you are applying to be a pollster.
2. What team/conference you follow.
3. Whether you can submit a poll as early as this Thursday. (That is not mandatory, if everyone can we may do one this week).

WHO WILL BE CHOSEN?

The first 25 respondents will be our initial group of pollsters.  This group will remain the D3 FOOTBALL FAN POLL TOP 25 pollsters unless they resign their position or miss a deadline.  Pollsters, I will never post your names on the boards.  If you choose to, that is fine. If you are beyond the first 25 responses, your name will be placed on a "waiting list".  If there are fewer than 25 respondents by midnight on Wednesday, we will go with what we have and continue to have "open" slots to be filled.

Remember FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!  ;)

rmc1982

Quote from: abnrgr on October 18, 2010, 09:42:53 AM
Well the wine and cheese crowd has laid 40+ on the last 3 games but they still have to beat the traditional bullies on the block: BC and HSC.

Smitting GC-Q and RMC is not quite the.... uhhh...same.
Hope you're right ABNGNR!! We need some help AND we gotta win out!!Although I'm not a coach,I would think an offense like W&L's would not be EASY to stop but stoppable nonetheless!Averett and Wash and Jeff both stopped them.....why we couldn't is beyond me-I have watched trhe Jackets a few times this year and their defense seemed strong enough.I would think either BC or HSC could come up with a scheme that is assignment-strong enough to stop that option-it's not like the Gennies light up the board with their passing attack-if you can make them pass then I think you've won the battle.On an unrelated note-has ANYBODY in Jacketland heard ANYTHING about Austin Faulkner's status and the extent of his injury saturday?? It's been curiously silent-nothing from the announcers,nothing in the Richmond paper yesterday or this morning,nothing on the website.......If we could have thrown the ball at all in the 2nd half we could have made it much closer.....maybe we could have won it in a shoot-out.It would have been very difficult as we only made them punt I think ONE TIME but we would've had a shot......Hope he's ok and back in action this saturday at homecoming.......

abnrgr

rmc 82
the way to stop a PROPERLY run triple is assigments. ILB gets dive, DE smites QB every single play and OLB and or corners on the pitch. Look at the Air Force Academy option. You stop it and stop it but somebody breaks one somewhere some place.

You will give up something eventually but that means you got to score a couple. The plan is do not blow an assignment.... (or the dreaded athlete still beats your assigment.) You see an option offense....what..... once/twice a year. Hard to work on with one week of prep.

Did not see the film but I bet there was some assignment breakdowns.
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

HSC85

Great points Abnrgr.  Hampden Sydney has played two option teams this year with varying results.  Sewanee is a weak team that HSC shut out.  Salisbury runs an option that is pretty strong.  They have large O-lineman and fast hard running backs.  The QB is a threat to score at any point on the field.  HSC gave up over 500 yards of offense but stopped them two times in the redzone without points in the 4th quarter in the close win.  Option teams present different problems that teams have to address.  A championship team must be able to win games where they don't play well and games where they don't matchup well.  W&L will present a huge problem if they are allowed to do what they want to do.  The key with stopping any good team is to take away what they do well or what they want to do.  Whichever team can impose their will onto the other has a advantage.  In the ODAC this year on any given Saturday anyone can win.  You better not overlook anyone. 

Llamaguy

Quote from: HSC85 on October 18, 2010, 02:53:06 PM
Great points Abnrgr.  Hampden Sydney has played two option teams this year with varying results.  Sewanee is a weak team that HSC shut out.  Salisbury runs an option that is pretty strong.  They have large O-lineman and fast hard running backs.  The QB is a threat to score at any point on the field.  HSC gave up over 500 yards of offense but stopped them two times in the redzone without points in the 4th quarter in the close win.  Option teams present different problems that teams have to address.  A championship team must be able to win games where they don't play well and games where they don't matchup well.  W&L will present a huge problem if they are allowed to do what they want to do.  The key with stopping any good team is to take away what they do well or what they want to do.  Whichever team can impose their will onto the other has a advantage.  In the ODAC this year on any given Saturday anyone can win.  You better not overlook anyone. 

It doesn't hurt to have your offense score a couple of early TDs and let that option team play from behind.

A change in the schedule allowed BC to practice 2 weeks prior to Ferrum's option attack so they will be working on a refresher this week for W&L. If I remember right W&L runs more of a "smoke & mirror" pistol attack. If you get penetration they are done. Well then again isn't that usually the case!  :o ;D
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!