MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grutte Dirk

Quote from: FyteOnne on July 03, 2020, 01:37:01 PMInterestingly, on the same page, there's an article about changing the school colors from pink and green... Not that I've seen, but it seems like there must be something somewhere.  I'll have to check my Albion sesquicentennial history book, though I think all of the photos are black and white.
I'm surprised no team has done a 'throwback' jersey. That would be a recruiting gold mine. Today's PSAs love that stuff.
Bûter, brea en griene tsiis; wa't dat net sizze kin, is gjin oprjochte Fries.

Hope1993

Blake Verbeek transferring from D1 Holy Cross to GVSU. Good pick up for GV. To bad he did not end up at Hope or Calvin who both recruited him in High school.

Mr. Ypsi

Ypsilanti's own Emoni Bates may well become (legally!) a millionaire while still a Spartan, under the new rules for 'payment for image, etc.' for the NCAA.  As the most touted Michigan recruit at least since Chris Webber, and probably since Magic Johnson, and PERHAPS EVER (being the first ever HS sophomore to be named national Player of the Year), I guess if anyone deserves it, he is it.  Congratulations to Emoni - now don't f**k it up!

hornets76542

Kzoo is announcing its incoming class via social media. First announcement is someone not yet on the list--Alex Rueff, 6'2" G, Lawton HS in Lawton, MI.

https://twitter.com/KZOOMBK/status/1280161095324442625?s=19
go nets

Flying Dutch Fan

I'm excited for what Ken George brings to the team!
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

pointlem

FDF, is Ken George replacing anyone who has moved on . . . or an expanded coaching staff?

Flying Dutch Fan

Quote from: pointlem on July 08, 2020, 12:38:04 PM
FDF, is Ken George replacing anyone who has moved on . . . or an expanded coaching staff?

I don't know for certain, but based on the MLive article (quoted below), it appears that Kyle Plank is not going to be coaching at Hope this season.

"George coached the Rangers for 24 years, guiding FHC to a 341-192 record. FHC won at least 10 games every season from 1997 through 2018, with the exception of one year.
He will join a coaching staff that includes assistants Tom Davelaar, Chad Carlson, Mike Aldrich and Craig Kopas."

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

goodknight

HupHolland

Quote from: Flying Dutch Fan on July 08, 2020, 12:52:21 PM
Quote from: pointlem on July 08, 2020, 12:38:04 PM

I don't know for certain, but based on the MLive article (quoted below), it appears that Kyle Plank is not going to be coaching at Hope this season.

"George coached the Rangers for 24 years, guiding FHC to a 341-192 record. FHC won at least 10 games every season from 1997 through 2018, with the exception of one year.
He will join a coaching staff that includes assistants Tom Davelaar, Chad Carlson, Mike Aldrich and Craig Kopas."
Aldrich is having a baby around basketball season and will be coaching JV again this year

sac

Possibly relevant to basketball later this Winter.  The MIAA released its Fall sports schedule which is essentially conference only competition.
https://www.miaa.org/general/2019-20/releases/MIAA_Fall_2020_Schedules_Announced

TUAngola

I can't 100% confirm this but it appears 3 teammates from Hanover-Horton HS in Michigan are all attending Trine this fall.

Mitch Sauber
Jack Brockie
Trent Finegan

I don't have any stats or heights, I believe they are all Guards...I do know Sauber was highly regarded and was POY in Jackson County.  In fact I read 6 guys off this Hanover-Horton team are going to be playing college basketball, including Bryce Sanders who will be attending Hope.  Jack Brockie is also an accomplished golfer, not sure if he'll be able to do that double or not at Trine.  I don't know much about Michigan HS basketball but from what I've read the Hanover-Horton team was just anniliating teams this past season, was ranked 2nd in their class and 8th in the state of Michigan regardless of class. 

If you Michigan posters know any more about these gentleman I'd be appreciative of any information you may have.

TUAngola

Quote from: TUAngola on July 09, 2020, 07:46:36 PM
I can't 100% confirm this but it appears 3 teammates from Hanover-Horton HS in Michigan are all attending Trine this fall.

Mitch Sauber
Jack Brockie
Trent Finegan

I don't have any stats or heights, I believe they are all Guards...I do know Sauber was highly regarded and was POY in Jackson County.  In fact I read 6 guys off this Hanover-Horton team are going to be playing college basketball, including Bryce Sanders who will be attending Hope.  Jack Brockie is also an accomplished golfer, not sure if he'll be able to do that double or not at Trine.  I don't know much about Michigan HS basketball but from what I've read the Hanover-Horton team was just anniliating teams this past season, was ranked 2nd in their class and 8th in the state of Michigan regardless of class. 

If you Michigan posters know any more about these gentleman I'd be appreciative of any information you may have.

I was able to find some heights:

Mitch Sauber 5'10 G
Jack Brockie 6'4 G
Trent Finegan 6'3 G-F

Grutte Dirk

Quote from: TUAngola on July 09, 2020, 07:46:36 PM... from what I've read the Hanover-Horton team was just annihilating teams this past season,

Hanover-Horton basketball hungry for state title after unprecedented run
Dec 27, 2019

Hanover-Horton's lone loss was January 5 to Grand Rapids Union at Kalamazoo Central, 68 - 66

Super 10
rank, school, record, division
1. River Rouge, 19-1, 1
2. Clarkston, 19-1, 1
3. Orchard Lake St. Mary's, 19-1, 1
4. Detroit Cass Tech, 18-2, 1
5. Benton Harbor, 18-2, 2
6. Ann Arbor Huron, 19-1, 1
7. Ypsilanti Lincoln, 17-3, 1
8. Grand Blanc, 17-3, 1
9. Flint Beecher, 18-2, 3
10 . Hanover-Horton, 19-1, 3

Division 3
rank, school, record
1. Flint Beecher, 18-2 
2. Hanover Horton, 19-1
3. Iron Mountain, 19-1
4. Detroit Edison, 15-4
5. Schoolcraft, 20-0
6. Ravenna, 20-0
7. Detroit Loyola, 15-4
8. Pewamo-Westphalia, 18-1
9. Charlevoix, 17-3
10. Maple City Glen Lake, 18-2
Bûter, brea en griene tsiis; wa't dat net sizze kin, is gjin oprjochte Fries.

Flying Dutch Fan

Quote from: TUAngola on July 09, 2020, 07:46:36 PM

Mitch Sauber
Jack Brockie
Trent Finegan

I saw the tweet and replies about this as well (link below).  Seems pretty solid so I'm adding those 3 to Trine to the list and will post an updated list shortly.  The first tweet includes KZOO but in the replies where he lists who is going where, no KZOO listed??

https://twitter.com/ParkerLaketa/status/1280950472979988480

John Wooden

goodknight